Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Did You Get A Tattoo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

I'm gonna get it on my back in black ink and blue for the text
    -and no Ven0m I never read that ****e book but I know where your comin' from!! - actually I began to read about leonardo when my kid brother was told that he might be a genius because he wrote backwards(sentences and words), the 'school inspector' was the first to notice (my brother was 5, I was 9) and he said he wrote just like this guy called leonardo da vinci.

Jesus that book just sounds so crap though- maybe we should start a new thread about how implauseable and nothing to do with da vinci it is - I know its fiction and supossed to be a good yard but if I hear any more about it from people going -" yeah wow the bible has all these predictions in it when you apply this code to it and it can tell what has happened in the last 2 thousands years and blah,blah,blah " - yeah so does war and peace and LOTR and "ettel the adrvark goes quantity surveying" in fact if you apply the da vinci code to "my little goat" - it tells you who shot JFK- but you have to hold it upside down!! thats why bush was so engrossed that moring of sept 11 - "what. we're under attack, sez here that we're supossed to be attacked next year"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

farohar wrote:
    Got my first one done when I was 18, had been waiting about 4 years to get it done as my parents would never help me get a tatoo, they were just thankful that it's high up on the arm so even a short sleeved T-shirt hides it. I got it done in Sacred Art by Karen (the guy who was supposed to do it was sick), she did a fine job and made sure I knew all the after care details and such.
    Then got my second one ~ 2 years later of the blade of the opposite shoulder. I went back to the same place but only noticed on the day of the appointment that it seemed to have changed name and management, not nearly as good as Sacred Art was. Got them to do some minor touch-ups on the first one, fill in a few small gaps in the ink, but the number of gaps that were in the one they did was rather disappointing and the bandaging was just clingfilm & vaseline(talk about cutting corners to save money) with no care as to whether I remembered anything about how to take care of it afterwards. They also kept making gay jokes and talking about gay smut while one was doing my tattoo, the other standing about for a chat, asking if I'd do Robbie Williams and such (I'm male)! NMaybe I was just misfortunate as regards the staff on the day but no chance in hell of me going back there!
    Currently trying to get around to getting the next 3 done and the 2nd one touched-up to get rid of the gaps, currently thinking I might try the place in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, any oppinions on that place from people?

They're all custom designs I came up with myself, they're just kind of reminders of who I am and of life's lessons.

**********Maybee you were in a gay tattoo palour.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thats it Jack Shictt---1 month ban for being an idiot.
    Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Nice one Hellrazer, spoiling my thread tut!

I'm saying thanks Hellrazer btw, jack schitt does talk ****

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I got my tattoo done when I was 19. It's a custom design that involves my name with a flower, it's hard to explain. But it's nice as my friend drew it for me (I can't draw) and it'll always remind me of him and the summer I got it done.

I'm thinking about getting another one done but I've yet to find a design that appeals to me. I've asked a couple of arty friends to sketch some designs for me so we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

the main reason why any one gets a tattoo is becuase it means something to them duh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I was 19 when I got my tattoo done. I guess it was to mark the transition from childhood to adult hood, plus I liked dragon tattoo's. Its a personal thing really.

Am hoping to get a custom tattoo, but I'm crap to draw, might ask an arty friend of mine to design it for me. I know in my mind what I want just can't draw it.

Kinda like myself, I'd like to get a samurai tattoo, have an idea what I'd like just couldn't draw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Got my first tattoo when I was Sixteen in 'the mint'........told the girl there I was 18 when she asked, It was a scorpion- got it on my right shoulder, why?- wait for it!!......coz scorpio is my star sign- did I mention I was 16!!, got another one later on when I was 22, an extract from the book of kells- the most beautiful celtic art record ever guilded!!- its called 'celtic dog' and as with all those designs of yore you have to look for a long time thru all the embelisments before you can actually see a dogs head - Irish wolfhound, the first tattoo cost me tenner in 1993, the second cost me 300, my next and final one (only 3, none visible thru a t-shirt) will leonardo di vinci's 'pentagonal man', thats right the sketch of the naked dude in a circle, de vinci was the first to draw this image that represents mans symetery, we are, like a lot of things in nature symetrical, we are attracted to things symetrical, we build things with symertery - the more symetrical you are the more beautiful you will be percieved by others - so everything that started as a cell that splits, or a snowflake, or the pryimads of egypt - we love it!!, so take a look at your symetery, anything you have one of is placed in the centre of your body and is in itself devisible by two (nose, mouth, penis, belly button). de vinci copped this while staring at a fern leaf and derived that god is a mathmatician, my symetery is ok- but I'm gonna get the tattoo-just in case!!

Could you send me an image of the irish wolfhound tatoo.... i've been considering getting a wolfhound on my back for the last few months.....
    are all your tatoos symmetrical??
    meatabstract at gmail dot com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

I got my tattoos because I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror, when I look at myself. It makes me unhappy to be in my skin. So I got my first one (all of them are stars, all over my body) done on my foot and it made me happy every time I looked down, still does. I got more then and they made me more confident about showing my body, to others or myself, and now no matter how I feel about the rest of me, I know that I'll always have something beautiful on me, when the world sees me or I see myself. They'll always be there to make me happy, and will never leave.

Cheesey I know but it's true.

Advertisement