Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewtiful Joe 2

Options
  • 10-01-2005 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up this gem while in the states recently, and for some strange reason chose to stick it at the bottom of my "To be played" pile after only 30 minutes of play.
    I picked it up again this evening, nearly a month after i first started it, and i'm so glad that i decided to take a break from getting 100% in metroid prime 2.

the first reel is what put me off. it just seemed like more of the same VJ action, only i hadn't even recovered any of my vfx powers at that stage.
    things only start to pick up towards the end of the second reel, with a superb
    mine cart sequence and boss battle

the added function of switching between either Joe or Silvia seems great at first, until you realise Silvia is crap at combat and only useful for solving a few puzzles and getting in a few cheap long range shots.
    difficulty wise its a LOT easier than i remember VJ1 to be. i started it on kid mode expecting the same kind of challenge as the original game, but will restart it on adult mode tomorrow.
    i faced a sub boss near the end of reel 3 with only 1 bar of health left earlier, and walked away victorious.:confused:

superb game so far. and well worth checking out if you enjoyed the original

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

great game indeed , ps2 \?
    im stuck at the place right after you get silvias 1st special effect .
    Theres a button at the side inside the temple and when you press it a brick/boulder falls from the top i tried getting around 2 of those and jumping over, couldnt.

I think this is like the 2nd scene or something, after you kill the dino dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah, Gamecube.

iirc you have to switch to Silvia and do a slow motion erm... triple kick thingy on the button.

not sure how you'd pull it off on the ps2. but you hold L, press kick and then hold R on the gamecube.
    3 blocks should then fall down instead of 1.

now that i think of it, you might not have to do the slow motion at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tman wrote:
    i started it on kid mode

Sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol ^

thanks tman, i actually tried it, may i ****ed up, il try again after exams.
    amazing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Is it not "RED HOT KICK!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

nah, its a move that Silvia brings to the table. "Replay" or somesuch... like i said before, she's a crap character and you'll only really use her for this ability.
    i suppose she could be handy for boss battles

Advertisement