Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of complaint to Eircom

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

I have broadband installed to my home now after a 6 month wait (not to mention the past 6 years of a completely unreliable, overpriced dial up internet service.)

I'd like to point out that Eircom never formally responded to my letter of complaint and never informed me personally that my phone line was BB enabled. I found out by reading that quote from Eircom in The Sunday Business Post.
    Sunday 27th March 2005

"Due to the continuous upgrading of our telephone lines, this line is
    now suitable for broadband. We will be very happy to discuss the
    matter, and to process the application for broadband if this customer
    wishes to proceed."

It seems quite coincidental that my phone line was failing the broadband test up until The Sunday Business Post rang Eircom about the issue.

There is still a matter of the line rental on the new phone line. The line was installed on 23rd Nov2004 on the understanding that the line would be broadband compatible. No such service was available after the installation and therefore I didn't sign the 'Eircom Agreement For Telephone Service' contract for the new line.

Eircom are trying to charge me €96.72 (inc VAT) for 4 months of line rental - no service was used whatsoever on this line by myself between date of installation and 27th March (day of SBP press) ... Eircom can check their records.

There's also a slight matter of the line installation fee if €121.93 (inc. VAT), which (in my letter of complaint) I had agreed to pay if Eircom enabled the line for broadband and responded within 10 days. Eircom did not meet this request and therefore I will not be paying the installation fee - I will only be paying for line rental as from 27th Mar 2005.

I would have no hesitation in taking Eircom to court if this four month rental charge and installation fee is not dropped from my account. If these fees are dropped I will happily sign the 'Eircom Agreement For Telephone Service' and continue to pay Eircom as I have been for the past 40 years.

For a communications company, Eircom seem to have a complete inability to communicate with their customers and to acknowledge complaints – the most appalling customer service I have ever experienced.

Any comments on the matter would be appreciated.

Advertisement