Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempature of amd 64bit 2800+

Options
  • 11-01-2005 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

My cpu runs at 49 degrees celius a little higher wen doing some heavy stuff, round the 51 degree mark, is this ti high of a tempature and what should i have it at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what cooling you using??? stock hsf??

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

The max for Athlon 64's is 70 degress, and that just the conservative official one, you could probably go a bit further, but I wouldnt :). Youre fine. Mine runs around 50 when gaming too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

cool, i was going to luck for the model of fan and heatsink i have but to be honest couldnt be arsed, to much work just as long as i know that it is normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

mine idles at 52, they're grraaaaaannndd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Little toasty if you ask me but grand if it's the stock hsf. Prime starts failing on me beyond the mid 50's/early 60C depending on the oc and voltage. My advice = keep it below the mid 50's to prolong your chip life. My 3500+ idles at 33 and hits 46/48 at full load for comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

Clawhammer 3400 39-42 degrees Idle 50-52 under load
    Winchester 3200 31 degrees idle 40-43 under load

Both using a zalman cnps 7000a cu cooler.
    The whichester has a lower stock voltage of 1.4 compared to the newcastles and clawhammers.

Friend of mine running a 3500 newcastle on stock heatskin with the same motherboard as my winchester gets 50 degrees idle and up to 65 under load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

mines at..er..29..but that probably doesnt help u :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

TacT wrote:
    My advice = keep it below the mid 50's to prolong your chip life.

the chip lasts 15 years, i wont be using it in 5 years, nevermind 15...if it takes 2-3yrs from the life span, i dont really care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

id be happy if i get 5yrs out of a chip...keep it for 1..2 at a push sell it on then when it dies they will be so old..and long out of date..and they wont be my problem anymore ;)

exactly, i wouldnt worry about chip life, you will only want it for max of 2-3 years, voltage would more kill your chip then chip going over mid 50's

• Advertisement

Jammer wrote:
    the chip lasts 15 years, i wont be using it in 5 years, nevermind 15...if it takes 2-3yrs from the life span, i dont really care!
    fair enough but some people do, like myself -- who will be passing it along to someone else when it's had its day :)

TacT wrote:
    fair enough but some people do, like myself -- who will be passing it along to someone else when it's had its day :)
    In that case dont overclock it, LOL

gline wrote:
    In that case dont overclock it, LOL
    LOL indeed, thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I think I read somewhere that if the chips goes to 90C++, it will toast the chip.

neokenzo wrote:
    I think I read somewhere that if the chips goes to 90C++, it will toast the chip.
    I would says so, i would never run a chip over high 60's or 70's and i'd pull the plug if i seen a chip mid to late 70's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Definitely mate. I'll shut down my pc is even if it reaches 60C++. Way too hot, something is definitely wrong if it reaches 60C.

Advertisement