Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anybody ever heard of a physical spirit

• 11-01-2005 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

ok first things first..my house in dublin has been experiencing some strange going ons for the last couple of years..things going missing,seeing figures walking downstairs when house is empty etc etc...i didnt seem to mind all this because i didnt feel anything bad from it..but since my son was born (he is 9 months old now)things have really got strange..he wont sleep in his bedroom,he keeps waking up and staring into corners of the room and putting his hands up in the air as if he wants someone to pick him up...i was even awoken from sleep after feeling someone slap me across the face (quite hard i may add.it left a welt)so eventually my wife thru a friend contacted this medium i wont mention his name,he arrived to the house and within a couple of seconds he said things werent right in the house..i said yeah no sh*t..so he locked himself in one of the rooms upstairs and stayed up there for about an hour..he came back downstairs and he really looked ashen faced and drained.it was then myself and my wife got a bit freaked out..but he said everything was ok..he told us there was an old burial ground close to the house (from the famine time i found out later after a bit of research)he said there were a number of "lost souls"wandering in and out of the house and some of the neighbours houses too...but he said there were 2 main spirits in the house,one was a protective spirit from my familys past..i ltr found out who it was due to his description of here and giving me her name(this really freaked me out)and the other spirit he said was a physical spirit which to cut a long story short wasnt human had attached itself to my son...so after one or two sessions in the house with this guy seems have calmed down considerably,things havent completely stopped but are much less..just thought id pass this one and i will keep the story updated(the parish priest felt uncomfortable in the house after he came to bless it b4 the medium was invited onto the scene

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hmm... I couldn't really offer any explanations at this time as to what the spirit might be, unless it's a poltergeist? I'm not as knowledgeable about spirits as I'd like to be, so perhaps someone with more experience may be able to help...

That said though, any kind of spirit that wasn't human, brings me to two entities I can think of, neither of which seem particularly pleasant... I won't say what the particular entities I'm thinking of are, because honestly speaking I don't want to freak you out with such a thought which would be prolly considered a guess at best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I can't offer an opinion but it's really quite interesting, I felt I should mention that at least.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Glad you got on well with the medium, and that things are better. Dont know what is meant by physical spirit, but that kind of activity is to me a sign that someone in spirit desperately wants you to hear them. Perhaps your medium was able to give them what they wanted and thats why it calmed down? You may think this is complete bs, but a good thing to do if you feel they are making their presence felt again is to mentally or out loud tell them to go away, in the same way as if they were a real person you didnt want around. It sounds weird but it does work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

I Checked Out A Site Ir Two And There Was A Dictonary Of Certain Wording To Do With Hauntings Ect.

http://paranormal.about.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

There was nothing at all on a physical spirt but i'll post a link maybe that could help a little

PARAPSYCHOLOGY - Literally beyond psychology. The study of apparent new means of communication, or interaction, between organisms and their environment (commonly referred to as psi, or psychic ability), beyond those presently understood by the scientific community.

PAST LIFE RECALL - To remember or have mental flashes about living in another century.

POLTERGEIST - A general term applied to a variety of site-, or sometimes person-, specific physical phenomena. These can include temperature variations, anomalous sounds, and movement of physical objects. The word 'poltergeist' literally means 'noisy spirit' and was coined back when such phenomena were thought to be due to the presence of some sort of mischievous entity. Currently, poltergeist phenomena are usually considered to be related either to unusual physical conditions at the affected site, or to be related to psychokinesis. Anecdotal reports suggest that many poltergeist focus on an individual under some form of emotional stress.

PRECOGNITION - Pre-knowing; where nondeductible information about a future event is acquired.

PRECOGNITIVE DREAMS - To have dreams of events or incidents before they happen.

PREDICTION - To be able to predict future events before they occur.

PSI - A general term for parapsychological phenomena that includes informational (RV, ESP) and energetic (PK) effects. Psi, or Y, is the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet.

PSYCHIC - Popular term used to denote a person who regularly uses, or who appears to be especially gifted with, psi abilities. Also refers to general phenomena related to the mind (from Greek psyche).

PSYCHIC SURGERY - The supposed ability to paranormally perform invasive surgery using no conventional medical tools. The psychic surgeon uses either an unsterilized knife, or his bare hands, to appear to make an incision and remove some internal matter. Once the operation is finished, there is no sign of an incision, nor are there any unpleasant aftereffects (e.g. infection). Many of the investigated cases have turned out to be fraudulent, involving sleight of hand tricks to make the operation appear convincing. However, it is possible that, in some circumstances, the ritual nature of the "surgery" could help effect a cure through the equally mysterious placebo effect.

PSYCHOKINESIS (PK) - See Telekinesis.

PSYCHOMETRY - To touch an object with your hands and get information about the object, it's creator, its owner, or it's history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'd imagine it's a poltergeist, a spirit that lives in the lower levels and can often bring itself down to physical level (probably why the medium referred to it as a "physical spirit"). They feed off negative energy and attach themselves to people rather than places. Was your medium able to get rid of it? The last person I heard of who attracted one of these things wasn't able to get rid of it until she started ridding herself of negative energy and thoughts etc. so the poltergeist would lose interest in her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

the medium said the same thing..that we needed to think positive thoughts always in the house even when things were ****..no arguments,the usual family stuff..he said this thing was feeding off it and that they ley lines in the house were very powerful..something about a 13 longtitude and a 10 latitude which he seemed to think was weird..seeming the dowsing scale only goes to 15..he had brass rods with him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SystemOfaDani

Hmm...are you situated near The Orchard Inn where the bodies were discovered several years ago? My grandmother's house is situated just beside that however she's never mentioned disturbances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

My daughter used to do the same thing staring into corners for ages on end. It never really bothered me, until a relative said she was more than likely staring at ghosts, again we lived near a grave yard.

I never really thought about it, she stopped after 18 months. Nothign else "weird" ever happened although the house did freak me out a bit late at night. I think since babys don't have much sense of whats going, they'll happily stare at anything.

I've never heard of a physical spirit, but by defination does it contradict itself??

I'd suggest contacting Malico, see the "Ghosting hunting in Ireland Thread" as he is involved in alot of investigations.

She is now 3 and has about 7 imaginery friends, some of them are very violent, they she claims they hit her, or fight with each other. if you let it, it could really freak you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Something similar has been happening in my house.

About 3 months ago my GF woke me to say that she could hear someone breathing outside the bedroom door. I lay there listening for about 10 minutes but heard nothing. Nobody could come up those stairs without us hearing as it creaks like hell.
    I checked the house and it was empty. Put it down to a dream or something.

Then, about a month ago, my girlfried was away and I woke up to the same thing; deep rythmic breathing outside the door. I could really hear it. I wondered was it the heating or something but that was off.
    I have to say I was paralyzed so didn't get up to investigate.
    A few minutes after the breathing stopped my son (2 and a half) woke up and started crying, "I want up", Dada, dada etc and as he wouldn't quit I brought him into my bed.

Then i asked the usual "what's wrong" what's up" and he said
    "A bold fellow in my room" which sent a shiver down my spine.

At this stage he was nearly asleep again and I said to him
    "Where's the bold fellow now John?"

He opened his eyes, looked at me and said
    "gone"
    before he closed his eyes again and went to sleep.

Really freaked me out but I haven't told my GF about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 judi

on this subject i would have to agree with KatieK, i have heard of the presence of ghosts before and the way i would know to treat them is as if they were a human. speak to them, try to have an understanding with them and then reason with them to leave you and your family alone.
    good luck i hope you find peace from them soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

before i start can i say i am not a witch, wicca, medium ... but i am a sensitive, i've met 17 spirits and if it doesnt sound weird can i say 15 of them were actually "sound" as in really cool nice people. but when i happened across the other two, just like its been said here i treated them as i would if i met anyone alive who was unsavory. Ur the boss they need energy that you supply, so its cop urself on spirits on live along side us.

saying that something that has worked everytime if suggested it be done is burning sage in the areas of the negitivity, just pop it in an ashtray or something like that straight off the spice rake, light it (can be difficult and waft the smoke through the house..... trust me it works!

I am getting involved currently with people who might be able to help people on here in the future with problems. Am new here so i will check out the investigation thread and make sure i aint steppin on anyones toes.

A nice guy from Tallaght!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I haven't actually read your post, but is a physical spirit not a bit of an oxymoron? I'm sure your post explains it, but I was confused and too lazy to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Sleipnir wrote:
    Something similar has been happening in my house.

About 3 months ago my GF woke me to say that she could hear someone breathing outside the bedroom door. I lay there listening for about 10 minutes but heard nothing. Nobody could come up those stairs without us hearing as it creaks like hell.
    I checked the house and it was empty. Put it down to a dream or something.

Then, about a month ago, my girlfried was away and I woke up to the same thing; deep rythmic breathing outside the door. I could really hear it. I wondered was it the heating or something but that was off.
    I have to say I was paralyzed so didn't get up to investigate.
    A few minutes after the breathing stopped my son (2 and a half) woke up and started crying, "I want up", Dada, dada etc and as he wouldn't quit I brought him into my bed.

Then i asked the usual "what's wrong" what's up" and he said
    "A bold fellow in my room" which sent a shiver down my spine.

At this stage he was nearly asleep again and I said to him
    "Where's the bold fellow now John?"

He opened his eyes, looked at me and said
    "gone"
    before he closed his eyes again and went to sleep.

Really freaked me out but I haven't told my GF about it.
    something similiar happened to my friend.
    he was babysitting a friends kid who had an imaginary friend called mark.
    he was reading the kid a story when the child happily announced tht "Mark's here!".

he told my friend that mark was standing by the end of the bed(near where my friend was sitting) and that mark was looking at my friend before going into fits of laughter.my friend also started to laugh until until the child stated, between laughs, that marks not laughing.
    needless to say this terrified my friend who now wont stay in the house unless hes with a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

GHOST MGG wrote:
    ok first things first..my house in dublin has been experiencing some strange going ons for the last couple of years..things going missing,seeing figures walking downstairs when house is empty etc etc...i didnt seem to mind all this because i didnt feel anything bad from it..but since my son was born (he is 9 months old now)things have really got strange..he wont sleep in his bedroom,he keeps waking up and staring into corners of the room and putting his hands up in the air as if he wants someone to pick him up...i was even awoken from sleep after feeling someone slap me across the face (quite hard i may add.it left a welt)so eventually my wife thru a friend contacted this medium i wont mention his name,he arrived to the house and within a couple of seconds he said things werent right in the house..i said yeah no sh*t..so he locked himself in one of the rooms upstairs and stayed up there for about an hour..he came back downstairs and he really looked ashen faced and drained.it was then myself and my wife got a bit freaked out..but he said everything was ok..he told us there was an old burial ground close to the house (from the famine time i found out later after a bit of research)he said there were a number of "lost souls"wandering in and out of the house and some of the neighbours houses too...but he said there were 2 main spirits in the house,one was a protective spirit from my familys past..i ltr found out who it was due to his description of here and giving me her name(this really freaked me out)and the other spirit he said was a physical spirit which to cut a long story short wasnt human had attached itself to my son...so after one or two sessions in the house with this guy seems have calmed down considerably,things havent completely stopped but are much less..just thought id pass this one and i will keep the story updated(the parish priest felt uncomfortable in the house after he came to bless it b4 the medium was invited onto the scene
    My advice would be to forgo the statutory priest and medium consultations and track down someone who could genuinely help. There are more people now than ever who are highly equipped to deal with errant spirits, due to study and involvement in modern magickal systems.

I mentioned this already on the Ouija board thread, but the Pagan forum on this site is frequented by people who are practiced in manipulating spiritual forces.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sapien wrote:
    My advice would be to forgo the statutory priest and medium consultations and track down someone who could genuinely help. There are more people now than ever who are highly equipped to deal with errant spirits, due to study and involvement in modern magickal systems.

I mentioned this already on the Ouija board thread, but the Pagan forum on this site is frequented by people who are practiced in manipulating spiritual forces.
    The ability and 'power' used to manipulate and remove unwanted spiritual entities lies within a particular person, regardless of the label they use such as priest medium or magick practitioner. (? Sorry dont know the correct term) Whether you can help or not has more to do with the depth of your spirituality and conviction, all else are just labels and tools to do the same job. A priest medium or witch may be wonderful or useless depending on the person that they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

KatieK wrote:
    The ability and 'power' used to manipulate and remove unwanted spiritual entities lies within a particular person, regardless of the label they use such as priest medium or magick practitioner. (? Sorry dont know the correct term) Whether you can help or not has more to do with the depth of your spirituality and conviction, all else are just labels and tools to do the same job. A priest medium or witch may be wonderful or useless depending on the person that they are.

I'm guessing that they would need to have either faith in their abilities, the tools that they use, both or perhaps another factor, at least that's what I was told when I had to do something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

KatieK wrote:
    I am not contending that spiritual powers are the auspices of magickians alone, or that some cannot have innate and untrained abilities. However, those who have been trained in the ancient traditions of initiation and ritual are uniquely equipped to deal with spiritual problems, unlike mediums who lack understanding and perspective, or priests whose spiritual framework is far too narrow to handle the great variety of phenomena that can be encountered.

"[D]epth of ... spirituality and conviction" as you term them, are characteristics which are systematically developed by practicing magick of any kind.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Dunno if this will help but I remember about a year or so ago, a lady rang the Jerry Ryan show, she was very upset, apparently the spirit of an old lady who used to occupy the house was haunting her and her children and she had become quite abusive... Somewere in Crumlin if my memory serves me... She didnt approve of her sharing a bed with her fiance under "her" roof... So anyway the story was well publisised and pictures of the spector were printed in a newspaper etc...

This went on for a couple of weeks and the lady spoke on the radio regularly updating the story and one morning she called to say that 2 lady's had landed on her doorstep out of the blue claiming to be "angels"... So she let them up to the room where most of the disturbance was where they stayed for a short while and miraculously the house fell peacefull and everything was fine after that...

Like I said I dont know if it will help but Im thinking maybe if you contacted the Jerry Ryan show they might be able to put you in contact with these people...

Best of luck anyway

Advertisement