Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread (Target Shooting)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Excellent shooting Conor. Make sure and throw up the results of a few outdoor sessions as well.

Yep, need to get much more in the way of outdoors training.
    That Bleiker is shooting brilliantly!

It's an absolute joy to shoot. It's a fantastic confidence booster to be able to take it out of the case, assemble it and have it bang in easy 10s straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Very tasty, Conor. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

IRLConor wrote: »
    a 9 that I called out just as I shot it
    I now can't get this image out of my head...

attachment.php?attachmentid=141920&stc=1&d=1294155252

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hmm, this five shot group, while clean, doesn't exactly rival FLOYDSTER's efforts...
    th_Image000-2.jpg?t=1295208135

This one however, following immediately, ain't half bad! :D
    th_Image001.jpg?t=1295208135

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭FLOYDSTER

Nice Dave!!, things are coming together!!;)

• Advertisement

FLOYDSTER wrote: »
    Nice Dave!!, things are coming together!!;)

Indeed they are! It was a nice watershed. Got to the last shot in that string, no nerves, no unnecessary thinking or frustration, checked flags, settled, checked position, relaxed, settled, exhaled, bang, no sitting on it, no waiting, just clean and easy. Very happy. Never been able to have that confident release when there's a score on the line before. :)

Are you sure you're busy IOM comp time?? lol:D
    Be nice to get a few outdoor comps done and dusted!!;)

Are you sure you're busy IOM comp time?? lol:D
    Be nice to get a few outdoor comps done and dusted!!;)

Sadly I think exams are immediately afterwards, and Hannover's on before mine have finished, so the bloody things are costing me two trips there. Still, we've got Munich/Belgrade to have a crack at. ;) It'll be nice alright. Hopefully we'll have a few on down here soon. Weather's good enough now and all.

Sadly I think exams are immediately afterwards, and Hannover's on before mine have finished, so the bloody things are costing me two trips there. Still, we've got Munich/Belgrade to have a crack at. ;) It'll be nice alright. Hopefully we'll have a few on down here soon. Weather's good enough now and all.

Yip Dave its deffo getting warmer!, nearly have my training plan sorted just waiting on a few more details re:comps and we're done!
    We all need to get together for a training day or two!!;)

Yip Dave its deffo getting warmer!, nearly have my training plan sorted just waiting on a few more details re:comps and we're done!
    We all need to get together for a training day or two!!;)

Brilliant. Mine's fairly skeletal, but it's been submitted. Got myself a coach now and things are improving. Training days would definitely be good. Should try get a few in different ranges and conditions down here as well. Need to get my NI paperwork changed over to the new rifle as well.

• Advertisement

A few training days, weekends would be great where ever they are held and whoever runs them!!, if you pick even one thing up that helps its worthwhile!;)

A few training days, weekends would be great where ever they are held and whoever runs them!!, if you pick even one thing up that helps its worthwhile!;)

I'll have a word with a few people, see what we can do. Getting a few things going would be very nice though.

Composite.jpg

Composite of all the shots from rounds one, two, three and four of the UCESSA Air Pistol postal match. Consistent at about the 500 ex600 level, if a bit heavy on the trigger.

Sparks wrote: »
    Composite.jpg

Composite of all the shots from rounds one, two, three and four of the UCESSA Air Pistol postal match. Consistent at about the 500 ex600 level, if a bit heavy on the trigger.

Not too shabby at all, Sparks! Pistol's staying decent, and the rifle's coming along nicely.

Adding in rounds five and six tightens it up a bit:

Composite_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

My new rifle:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136611&stc=1&d=1290802812

And packed for transport:

attachment.php?attachmentid=136607&stc=1&d=1290802753

The test group is pretty nice too. :)

I picked up the rear sight today (thanks to the lads from Intershoot who supplied all the parts for the rifle) and got my first bit of training done in DURC. 99 and a 98 for a postal shoot. The 98 was a pretty sloppy one, so I'm confident I could easily bring up a point or two on that.

It's much easier to shoot 10s on the new rifle. I guess that's the best confirmation that the purchase was a worthwhile one! :D

Had the pleasure of seeing this rifle in real life on Sunday morn and it is truely a superbly beautiful gun.

HOMER.jpg

That said I could not believe how cold that alu stock was on a cool morn. Now I know why Connor's hands are a lovely shade of blue :D

Wear well man, wear well

Fish

Have the same stock on an Anschutz 1913 and it's freezing on cold mornings. Need thicker gloves!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

imag0035it.jpg

imag0037qv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Bloody hell! Them shiny bleeeker yokes are getting fierce common altogether!
    Jaysus, pretty soon everyone'll have one!
    But TBH, that's a very short bolt for the money - You'd expect a bit more length for the price.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Seriously, though, VERY nice set-up, BountyHunter.
    Best of luck with it!:cool:
    BTW Is that the HPS stock or am I mistaken?

It is indeed dC. Having seen it in person it's a real beauty of a thing. Great setup.

• Advertisement

Very nice!!;)

Never threw up pictures of my own setup. :)

Image0031.jpg?t=1297627555

These two are attempting to show the ridiculous offset to my buttplate which I've dealt with this weekend to try get my head position comfortable. Not sure they capture it, but take my word for it, it's pretty substantial! Going to be interesting to see how it reacts to live-fire now.

Image0032.jpg?t=1297627555
    Image0036.jpg?t=1297627555

The shiny! My eyes! The sunglasses, they do nothing! :D

The shiny! My eyes! The sunglasses, they do nothing! :D

I'm thinking powder-coating may not be the worst idea in the world...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Resist the urge! Embrace the shiny! :D

I would lose the ability to turn low flying aircraft from their courses...

Why would you say that? :D

image013.jpg

:D:D:D

Round 7:
    Round7a.jpg

Composite so far:
    Composite_a.jpg

Round 8 tonight I think...

The thing to remember when you have a russian pistol is: Some days, you eat bear; some days, bear eat you :D

Card4a.jpg

(It looks great until you look out in the six ring at nine o'clock :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Why would you say that? :D

image013.jpg

:D:D:D

Shiny Good......Cast BAD!!! ;)

Advertisement