Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

JDBLASER, nice pics

Got these during the week,

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Malaga2

I gotta tell ya that I was going to go with Cork colors but was worried that Id lose the arrow after the shot... archery season stretches from Sept to November ... here is a Coyote from last week... CZ527 in 223...

Coyote001-3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Shot last Saturday at 205 yards using a 165gr Premier AccuTip boat tail in .308 cal. Ran for about 30 yards and dropped. Just under 1/2 inch in fat.

3941635844_6b34ba307d.jpg

3940853941_68acab4463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Out this morning,been held up with injury for month.CIMG4077.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Shot this fella at 92 yards using a Remington 165gr Premier AccuTip Boat tail in .308cal.

3970425088_66ab993ae2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

here's my setter molly. i took the picture of her last year with a few ducks i got on the start of the duck season.

needless to say she wasnt out hunting ducks that morning, but id said id throw them in for the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

stevoman wrote: »
    here's my setter molly. i took the picture of her last year with a few ducks i got on the start of the duck season.

needless to say she wasnt out hunting ducks that morning, but id said id throw them in for the picture.

Nice dog. A bit too clean to have been out hunting alright! :D
    4 weeks this Sunday now & that'll change! :)

Nice dog. A bit too clean to have been out hunting alright! :D
    4 weeks this Sunday now & that'll change! :)
    thanks! yeah its going to fly around. i cant wait. she set two cocks for me lovely this morning. do you command yours to flush or do they just use their own heads?

the reaon why im asking is this morning the first bird she got on the took to the other side of the ditch i was walking along. i crossed over to the other side and seen she was set so i got back around to the other side of the ditch again and she has just flushed the bird. ( i would have got a shot if i didnt get tangled in barbed wire on the way back through)

then on the second occassion she diapearred about 40 yards away into a ditch of briars and never came out. i knoew then she was set and i crept up looking to see if i could see her. as soon as i got to her say three yards (although i couldnt see her) she then flushed the cock out to me.

she's either smart or its just the way it happened, but i think she got to the far side or the ditch the first time to fluch the bird out to me and the second time she stayed set and waited until i got to her before she made the flush.

is this the common train of though with setters and pointers do you know?

My pointer flushes on command now. Sometimes he will go step for step as I walk in but not so much anymore. They get cute the more birds they get. My mates setter is very sticky & wont budge even when told or encouraged but he hasn't had many birds yet. Personally I would rather him to flush on command so you can set yourself up for the shot rather than have the dog 2nd guess....
    Prob a discussion for the hunting forum so we don't antagonize the mods. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 Cbeirne82

DSC01110.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

My first Sika of the season, shot outside Killarneywith my CZ rained all day long, even though I came down wind of him, I dont think he could smell me I was so wet

:D

clivej wrote: »
    photoshop is a great program :p

Actually a genuine photo.
    No doctoring what so ever. It's not however a genuine "Phuck" :D
    Here's another angle. Beaut of an old pheasant though... Like chewing an old boot!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

heres the very best of kerry sika stags
    shot it on tuesday last
    hpim0640u.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭irish setter

just a few pics of my irws in training in the galtee mountains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Silvermines this morning, grunting his little head off,
    201009008.jpg
    201009007.jpg
    201009009.jpg
    201009006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

fairly good chunk broken out of the top of his right palm, pity, but still a good buck,

here's a few pics of my Llewellin. Had her out on a few snipe this morning. didnt have the gun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tikka Jim

Gold medal Sika I shot last October.

Shot this lad during the week, had a great stalk on him,glassed him from a good distance, he was with another hybrid pricket, two of them were lying down out on the hill, got to within about 60mtrs of them, the pricket was skylined so couldnt shoot, after about 15 minutes of waiting the 6 pointer stood up necked him at approx 50mtrs. He had a scabby head on him, he weighed out at 55kgs in the larder.

Tikka Jim thats a fine Sika you shot there.

DeerStalking065.jpg

DeerStalking068.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tikka Jim

Here are some pics (took with my phone) of an old buck I shot yesterday, he must have been hit by a car during the late summer as his left antler is badly deformed and his skull looked cracked, the coronet was growing into the skull. I saw him first in September, but I dont shoot any large bucks or stags until after the rut. Seen him again on Saturday last, been out every chance I could since..

Shot this lad on the weekend.

DeerStalking006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Deerspotter

Holy Jazus, that is some stag... Well done.
    Do they usualy get that big? Or that a once in a life time trophy?

1st November Bird.

Nice 2nd weekend. Beaut of a melanistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

Hybrid my buddy shot wit me today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

random deer ive shot and a boar my girlfriends dads friend shot in poland i cudn go with him this day because it was art heubert day a big shooting day so i went the next day but didn get one hopefully next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭JDBLASER

My GWP puppy getting stuck in early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭irish setter

a couple of pics of my irws setting snipe on a training run at the weekend

• Advertisement

:)

Advertisement