Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

A heart lung shot fallow 18th Oct 2006 (i've figured out how to retrieve some old phone pics :) )

I wanted to keep the head so I went heart lug, wishful thinking as the dogs chewed the scull on me when i had it out weathering :o
    His rack was not huge, but he was a big animal.

132255.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭iwsf

Here is a pic of my first red stag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭driller2

i shot this stag monday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Elk.jpg
    ;):D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

2d09aeb9.jpg

That's 4 shots that presented themselves over 2 days & 4 birds for the bag. 2 birds for the young Springer will do him wonders.
    So far so good & the weather was only a minor set back in the end.:)

a1572c77.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Got this fella last week, probably wont have time to get out for few weeks now tho with collage :(

021nm.jpg

022gq.jpg

And this is what did the damage!

023ti.jpg

024fd.jpg

Also heres too a friend of mine got...

006uu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Great classic performance there Pat. What's the bullet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Great classic performance there Pat. What's the bullet?

It's a .270

Hornady Custom
    140 gr SST
    Interlock

Hasn't let me down let!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

here is a pic of my new best friend!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I was pottering around the house yesterday morning when I saw this phesant in the field beside the house. I took the shotgun and Belle my little 11 month old springer, She has been covering ground in training for me really well and will retrieve balls till the cows come home so I thought I'd she how she got on with the phesant. After a minute or two casting around she flushed the phesant lovely and I shot it going away over the hedge into the next field, In we went and she went straight to the bird picked it up and brought it straight back to me, she did drop it a little short, she does that with balls all the time as they roll, we have now discovered that phesants dont!!! :D But I am delighted with her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HukleberryFinn

Got this lad the other day,
    dsc00024ncv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Saw this on another forum most likely an auld one but worth a re post.
    :D:D:D

e43d0a87-3e69-4e7b-a4cb-c22b09b5c74d.jpg

e623ccaa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Went out this morning after a poor enough day last Monday. Brought the GWP with me as she needed a bit of a run. I wasn't too happy with her performance last Monday and was half considering selling her on and getting another springer pup, but she totally redeemed herself.

First field we went into she set in a thick ditch, I knew the cock was going to go out the side of the ditch and down the hill so I left the dog pointing and went to the other side. Sure enough after a few minutes the cock broke and flew out over me, I hit him just as he was turning to fly over the field I had just come from.

Put up two more cocks, fired at the last fellah but missed, they were fairly wild. Then went into a field of Kale and oilseed rape, spied a young cock running down into the corner but he was too small. Dog then set in front of me and up blows a monster of a cock and I flop him. That was enough for me so started heading back for the car.

Just going through some cut maze when the dog runs into a corner and I hear a load of crowing, three cocks fly down into the bottom of the field. So I head down for one last bird, dog sets in the corner bird gets up and I bowl him over. Can't beat those Remington 32 gram No. 7s.

06112010834.jpg

Shot ths guy this morning. Belt of a Remington 5 34g at the limits of the guns range. Shot flying away & knocked feathers off of him. He dropped about 5 feet still flappin then gave a few more flaps & managed to fly then glide another 50 yards to clear the ditch. Had to go long way around a big blackthorn ditch & low & behold he was dead as a maggot out in the middle of the field. Healed the pointer & picked him myself. Springers turn to earn his keep later :pac:

0c337c6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

first pheasant of the season
    mine and elius dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

cheeky basterds :mad::mad: dogs started barkin half an hour ago which is unusual so grabbed a torch cos i left a pullet out earlier of course into the yard white feathers on the ground damm blast bugger :mad::mad:, i shone the torch over the gate into the field two pairs of eyes met me 100yrds away !!!! :eek: woops quick retreat to the cabinet out with the 223 and stuck 3 rounds in the mag
    out to the yard quick shine with the torch , theres one about 80 yrds away bang thump lovely :Dthen my bloody phone rings dealt with that :cool: torch back on over the gate second one still there won't stand still keeps bobbing and moving following with the scope stopped for a second looking right at me bang thump lovely :D she was good i was better she tried the old circus trick of catch the bullet in yer teeth well she failed i suppose it's the slippery ballistic tip it's hard to grip on 55grns of vmax at nearly 3000fps
    dog and vixen not this years either
    i love retribution especially when it's as easy as that still had me slippers on LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

Hunting Wild pigs(boar) in north Asia.

attachment.php?attachmentid=134351&stc=1&d=1289356862

• Advertisement

and tonights lucky winner is vixen number 2 looking for her pals from last night ;)that's three from the back gate in 24 hrs ahhh vulpecide i love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

few birds with the lab first partridge i shot rough shooting in years and a decent red for the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

sany0199.th.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sany0200m.th.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Donalmit

th_28122009068.jpg?t=1289483445
    Rooster taken over my 3 yo GWP.

Mitch

steyrman2 wrote: »
    few birds with the lab first partridge i shot rough shooting in years and a decent red for the table

Lovely doggie ;)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=134578&d=1289523156

so this yesterday evenings instalment ,i went shopping earlier and picked up a lenser if im going to be under siege then i want some toys to help ,good help is hard got these days :rolleyes:
    so back from collecting the choild from her friends down to the gate had a quick look suprise suprise big fat fox sitting in the ditch the other side of the field
    Mr ruger out of the safe fastened on the lenser and down to the gate this lad was tucked up out of the wind looking at me happy as larry , i could see enough through the scope so boom wack thank you sir another dog fox thats 4 in three nights in the same 4 acre field outside the garden all were fat fit and healthy were being the operative term
    and heres a group hug pic for those who doubt ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=134582&d=1289554289
    good hunting
    attachment.php?attachmentid=134583&d=1289554311

All guys out there posting pics
    If the pic is less than 200kb it will be able to be inserted normal size, If the pic is bigger; then open in paint, rezize/squeue say 50%. Save the new pic and attach the new pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Had the ferrets out for an hour's exercise today!!

ferrets2001.jpg

For some reason me white one look's like he's been washed in Dazz in this photo!!:D:D

87kB

attachment.php?attachmentid=134645&d=1289612434

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

pic of myself and max the lab first day of the season great all rounder 7 cocks on his own best i have had have a pup at home from him so things are looking good is anyone else hunting there lab like me he is great for rough shooting ditchs,bogs, beet, i also use him on deer rock steady

Advertisement