Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I was out this morning for a stalk and saw a couple of doe's but the frost was going against me. I might as well have bin walking on pop corn. So off they went. It was a nice morning so I didn't mind.
    After that I went of target practising.
    Then off to a permission that I got this year but never tried out.
    Again I saw a couple or doe's but they moved off before I got a shot.
    Then over a high ditch and as I was standing on the top I spotted this lad.
    809e2c25.jpg

I was just getting my footing when he stood up (he might have winded me)
    But it was to late for him. I let fly with my new 150gr hornady sst interlock and struck him in the boiler room at 100y.
    He never even moved. He was dead on the spot.
    It was my first time using the sst interlock and I have to say they are impressive.
    687fc093.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

nov10007.jpg
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5605/nov10006.jpg

what i got today now, so much for springers and pointers etc. i had out the jack russle and he foun these for me.

is this a big woodcock as i found it was the biggest i ever encountered

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

tried to upload again i am new to this an never post pics just shown this woodcock to see if is actually a big one or is it just me
    http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5976/nov10007.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Down today in Clonea strand waterford birdwatching. Plenty of rats about in the seaweed and rocks. Terrier dug out two. Hard to get good photo when he's killing them.
    21jbxp1.jpg
    xmvnew.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 a new story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 a new story

[IMG]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/398506/134842.jpg"]pics of phone 070.jpg[/URL] ([/img][IMG]https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/398506/134843.jpg"]pics of phone 065.jpg[/URL] (322.8 KB) out lampin rabbits[/img][IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/davey%27s/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/pics%20of%20phone/pics%20of%20phone%20070.jpg[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

c3c246e4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Nice one EP, The woodcock are definitely here now. Got a couple myself at the weekend.

P1020491.jpg

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

Heres all I shot at the weekend one snipe:DMatts pics 036.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads, Pine Martens are protected as per the Wldlife Act 1976 & 2000 which means that it is illegal to intentionally kill, injure, trap, smare, etc pine martens, or disturb their dens. Any research that could disturb pine martens, such as trapping animals or monitoring den boxes, must be done under a licence from the necessary statutory body.

So please refrain from posting pictures unless you arer 100% certain what the species is. Also please refrain from posting pictures of dead Pine Martens as even though they were found dead it will fuel the trolls/antis that would claim they were illegally killed and end up ruining the thread.

On that note i have cleaned up a few posts (nothing personal) to avoid such arguments. Any problems or issues with this PM me or one of the other Mods/CatMods.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

To clarify "The big fellas" post. When he said shot I take it he meant with the camera. Thats how I read it & how it should be read to others.

We are all aware of the laws & well pointed out Eridax. :cool:

The animal was released unharmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

heres the small fella out for a run yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tikka Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rocketman3

12 pointer red 4ft 6" spread at the top of the antlers..:D

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/402724/135446.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

i spotted this calf lame following hind and yearling decided to take it out straight forward shot 76 yards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rocketman3

well if you really want to no the story..

but you'll never believe this story..

well it starts hear my uncle got a new van and he was going mad to shoot a red the last few year..

so him and the other uncle set off to donegal..

they had no permission or anything the were just going up to ask a few farmers..

they were up driving around and coming up to a round about on a dead straight road a car slaps on the breaks in front of them and they just stopped a few mm away and then (BANG)..

a women looking back at her child..

behind them and didn't see the van stopped and rote off the van..

the Gard's come out say ah ya will be able to drive it but its rote off..

the women and child was grand she was a small bit in shock but noting bad thank god..

so they lads booked into a b&b for the night so the might get a shot that morning..

drove around for a bit that morning met a farmer he said a there is a few on my land he said i own that hilly bog out the back..

so the lads go up this hill heard a big call from a red sneaked up he ren a bit then stopped there was few doe's around him and (BANGGG) stag drops delighted:D:D..

but they were nearly a mile out the hilly bog haha..

long drag back for them haha..

hope your happy with that story lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Was out with a friend of mine this morning and had some good fun with the electronic call!
    mags004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

good stuff, what type of call have you and were you using any decoys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

ormondprop wrote: »
    good stuff, what type of call have you and were you using any decoys

Were using two calls at the moment, i think me mate is using a multi-sound or is it mundi-sound! not sure:confused: with a loud speaker (makes all the difference) and i have an mp3 player connected to a loud speaker with a few good mag and gray calls that works well for the wary ones!

We don't use decoys, just keep on the move, give each spot ten or fifteen minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ya i have one of them mundi sound callers and find it good, although a lot of the time the crows just circle around way too high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    now i understand , it just seems a pity that you have to do it , I don't have any such concern s here in California and if I can figure out how to do it i'll post some photos .:)

As I promised some photos here are some photos , first one is me and a friend with a pig we took on his property in the hills above the Russian River , weighed about 110lbs dressed out at 75lbs , after processing we got about 47lbs of meat , real good eating . Other photos are of an informal shoot we run about four times a year mostly we break clays but occasionally we break out some more exotic stuff . In the c g c 2 photo the winner of that particular shoot is wearing the winners jacket and hat .

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

The bag from the weekend

P1020511-1.jpg
    P1020525.jpg
    P1020523-1.jpg

Some great shooting by the guys with me and really great dog work also. The partridge and pheasant are released birds. We only seen eight woodcock in total. Should be a heck of a lot more coming in with the cold weather and full moon this week.

Mallards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Shoot these two this evening on a flood on grass land,
    it was about 6inchs deep spooted it yesterday while walking the brittany and taught it looked very ducky.
    phototeal1-1.jpg

phototeal2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭driller2

this fella was shot in tipp on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Took the this old girl out for a spin this evening, she still stings like a bee.

picture3489887181.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Went for a shot last nite, Pat the brother-in law did lamp man for me(it always makes things easier). Half way up the hill calling for about 10 minutes and charlie pops up out about 250 yards. Gave him one or two little squeaks and he comes in to about 200... stops and changes tack back towards where he came :eek: wind is swirling... maybe he winded me!! one last sqeak and he stopped and turned to offer me a quartering shot :rolleyes::) Bang!!

Had to curcome navagate some truely soft marsh and then couldn't find him in the long grass :mad::mad::mad:

Went back this evening and found him :) we walked to within 10 foot of him and missed him last night.:rolleyes:

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

Love his Black Boots.

FS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

out for a stalk today with two buddys and got this lovely animal

a lot of walking up a mountain but it was beautiful if not a bit chilly up there:D

nokia6230i062.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

[IMG][/IMG]here's that photo Poulo, although yours did not come out so bad

pity we did not get the other one.. but thats another day;)

[IMG][/img]25112010002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

just for practice at uploading ...here is a picture of the first two sika that myself and Poulo got at the start of the season

[IMG][/img]2927b357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

It wasn't me! & Alchemist

Thanks for the compliments & the thumbs up from all.

A Scott (Circa 1896-97) and yes they are Damascus barrels.

Advertisement