Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

and here's no 6 off 30 acres in the last fortnight
    all fit and healthy 3 dogs 3 vixens
    55vmax really does the trick ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

3ac08531.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Leave my gain feeders alone!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=137588&d=1291226102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Tintin the Snow terrier. The first of his kind bred specifically for hunting rats in the snow. No rats were caught, but plenty of digging was done:D
    scgavt.jpg

ojmuk0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭GixxerThou

Took the camera rather than the rifle on sunday! Give the deer a rest for a while!
    http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/Snigsnog/snow/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Well My brother is like a dog with 2 tails he's that happy! Although he's been out with our old dog a couple of times he's never shot any game while actually hunting...

As a bit of a background, almost 10 years ago our dog had pups, 3 were given to a pheasant club and one went as a pet. Unfortunately the lady who took the pup took sick, she called me and I said I would take the dog and it could live with my aunt. Anyway, I took the dog out 2 days this week to try him out and I was pleased with the way he covered ground. He doesn't point on birds, but he does on rabbits and hares. Also, he doesn't retrieve birds, although he went and sat beside one today until the brother caught up to him...
    For a dog that had never seen a gun, or ever been in a field until this week, I'm Very happy!

104B1680.jpg

104B1690.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

pheasantfrostymorning.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

P090709_1810.jpg?t=1291810833DSCF0294.jpg?t=1291810833

Capture3.jpg?t=1291810833

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

A few recent outings!

033pc.jpg

A farmer was complaining about these for a while and left it to us to stop them eating his grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Got these early november with my father

Went for a drive up the hills but once we got there we couldn't see a thing with the fog, we pulled into the side of the road where we would usually get out to glass fields across a valley but we could see nothing this morning. both of us thought at this stage the best thing to do would be to go home so the conversation led to which way home is shorter. He reckoned driving on and around was best but i convinced him back the way we came was handier.

Just as we turned the jeep on the road a mountain that we had passed about 20 minutes was now crystal clear and both of us instantly spotted 3 fallow running around half way up!

by the time we reached the bottom of the hill the deer had settled into the corner of the field eating grass. we took our time and stalked up along until at exactly 200 yards they disappeared....

After about 10 minutes wondering where they went we came to conclusion that they must be lying down as we did not see them go! We lied down aiming at their position but no sign of them behind the rushes, I clapped my hands and a doe popped her head up to have a look...only to see a .243 flying towards her head! then the next doe jumped up which i hit into the boiler house followed by the one more young fallow which my father quickly dispatched!

Great morning and we were lucky we turned back!

009ct.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 HukleberryFinn

A few kills with the .22 mag :Dphoto0161b.jpg
    photo0193t.jpg

i was out testing the ledlenser with the new scope mount and remote switch.

test positive;)

paulpics138.jpg

paulpics140.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

So Poulo did you use the Lenser to take the shot?
    What range did you hit the fox at?
    What range is the torch good out to?

So Poulo did you use the Lenser to take the shot?
    What range did you hit the fox at?
    What range is the torch good out to?

hi deeks, that shot was taken at 95 paces (meters) and i could cleary make out the shape & color of the fox with my scope and even clear enough to make out eyes and other small details.
    i shot a couple of bunny's as well using it at 50-80 meters.

i could easily make out trees and bushes at the other side of fields at over 150meters up to 200m ish at a guess. i will use it some more before i claim long range ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Nico13

first one of the year ( at last ):D
    chasse 031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Nico13 wrote: »
    first one of the year ( at last ):D
    chasse 031.jpg

Well done Nik your long time awaiting to get that lad, many more to come.

Now tell us more. Whats your rifle, ammo used, and how did the stalk go.

Here's the photo of your stage.
    Nikosfirstbuck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Nico13

thanks driller2, the big banger is working fine now db_84-181.jpg:D:p, looking forward to meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭EastTyrone

my springer pup

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭everypenny

fox i got last night. Downhill, 100 yards with an amber lamp. sorry about the quality of the pic but i had to use my lamp and phone. Camera coming next time definitely.

we got a nice layer of snow here this morning and i thought the puppies might like a run around in it.

just click on the picture and the video should play

th_IMG_0280.jpg

sorry for the poor quality i just used my iphone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

Shot this hybrid yrl yesterday, got a great stalk on the animal, had glassed a hybrid hind, yrl and calf lying down in the heather out on the hill, took nearly two hours to get the shot, a group of approx 15 sika appeared out of a gut when i was bellying in on the hybrids, couple of nice stags in the group.

Took over an hour to drag the hind back, saw approx 60 animals for the day.

DSCF2648.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

good report nice lump hybrid the lab looks content there good bit of a drag fair play you earned him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

img5301z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

Found some old picture taken with my trail camera ,thought i'd post some .they were taken on my buddy's property , in the hill's above the Russian River .

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭sikastag

Fine Shot DB. Always enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

GOt me 1 of novermber bird back,,just off 42 inches was a happy end ta the day :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/picture.php?albumid=1506&pictureid=8239

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

140749.jpg
    140748.jpg

told ye i'd hopefully get something to add to this thread some day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

hi went out this afternoon with my son for the last stag of the season dan shot the stag and i shot the pricket both deer were in great condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Classic pic
    attachment.php?attachmentid=141237&d=1293678229

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

141358.jpg

Advertisement