Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

got the rifle ready today. put tikka opti locks and bases on her both in stainless steel,harris bipod 6-9inch swivel. and put a hawke 6-16x50 mill dot scope . the scope will be changed for something of better quality when funds arise but happy with everthing else just to fire it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Justashotgun

I got these two last night (friday) when my mate and I went out Lamping. I have had the rifle for a few months now but hav'nt had the chance to go out so these where my first bunnies to date. Well pleased to get them as it was a Very bright night with no wind at all. First bunny was shot around the 60yard mark with my mate lamping for me, the second was around the 40yard mark. :D
    2bunnieswithrifle.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We stayed out for another couple of hours and tryied the fox caller but got no interest at all. I must also mention that the torch I got off Dealextreme was well worth the money, shone a nice tight beam out to over 150yards and through the scope had no probs picking out the bunnies.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/super-thrower-far-projection-3w-cree-p4-flashlight-2x18650-2x18500-3356

Must say thanks to big sam up in intershoot for sorting me out with the rifle, a gentleman and I would not hesitate in using his services in the future. Hope I can get the time to go out more regularly in the months ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bonzoscout

nice stag taken at a good distance

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

got 2 hinds the weekend on a section 42 where in a group of 8 hinds heres a photo of one of them mate has the other.

section42sikahind001.jpg

section42sikahind009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

152476.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Photo0099.jpggot this lad tonight, was at home as it was the fathers turn to check the sheep and he spotted a fox in a field beside the farm yard so he called me to bring the rifle down, arrived down and no sign of the fox so i called for a bit and no sign of anything stirring, so we walked down through our neighbours farm as we reckoned he went that way, still no sign, we were on our way back the way we came when we spotted him in a field we already lamped so he must have being lying in the boundsing ditch as we walked down and then ran off behind our backs, he didn't stop for a shot though, so we went back to the yard and hopped into the fathers van and drove down our laneway and spotted this guy off down the end of a field of sheep where there was a lamb taken over the weekend, turned off the lamp and started calling, then the father turned on the lamp before i was ready and the fox started running so i told him to turn it off straight away, kept calling for a minute and asked him to turn it on and he was after coming closer and was sitting up like a dog watching us so BANG, the father let the light off him when i fired but i was pretty sure i connected, when he shone the light back down the field we spotted something running away and the father was nudging me to start calling again but when i looked through the scope i reckoned it was a hare, but he wasn't so sure and was telling me i missed, so i made him walk across the field with me and we found a dog fox dead on the spot, 46gr winchester hornet went through the neck and out the back at 197 of my yards, so i reckon somewhere around 170-190m, i really should buy a rangefinder:D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

2wovneo.jpg

found this while doing a bit of fencing at the edge of a bog.any one know what it is?
    Fox?
    Dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

We went for a shot today after the shoot in midlands happily I got a chance to test the 75gr BTHP on a couple of bunnies and a fox
    fd57d258.jpg

6b7f0192.jpg

912bd4b7.jpg

Just a couple of pics. Dev110 shot a bunny that I missed at 160y, tack shot a bunny at 180y then I got a second chance and hit a bunny at 200y.
    After that tack brought us for a shot where he had seen a fox previously. It was getting dusky now as we drove into this remote spot and I could make out a dark patch I'm the plowed field so we stopped and got out for a look. There it was a fox. Tack quickly ranged it at 216y and I let fly with the .223. A satisfying deep thud reported back to us and I could see fur flying from the fox as it hit the deck like a stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

dsc0712o.jpg

couple of lads in action last weekend at the midlands shoot

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

She was listening to the Fox Call uk and with the help of V-max fell asleep...

• Advertisement

zlezlius wrote: »
    She was listening to the Fox Call uk and with the help of V-max fell asleep...

Fine Fox Zlezlius

Nice rig too, What nightforce are you using?

edit, tried to post your pic but made a mess of it so removed again

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭steyrprohunter

Rifle: .25-06
    Scope: Zeiss 2.5-10x50
    Range:100yds
    Weather:calm and no wind
    Rest: front harris b-pod only
    Ammo:85gn v-max

homerhop wrote: »
    Fine coat and tail on her
    Yes, looks fine there, slightly different story from the far side:

Couple bunnies I got this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sharpshooter murphy

Here' my 'friends'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Nice rig lad. Here is mine tack's and dev's

153118a0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Got 2 rabbits this evening at 220 yards. One is a head shot and other is a chest shot. Longest shot to date with .223.

IMAG0019.jpg

A few babbies out today
    154879.jpg

Nothing fancy
    209 and 249 respectively

Out today and got a rabbit but also missed a rabbit at 150 yards. Went to investigate and found a two foot strike and also found the 50gr American Eagle HP.
    I taught that hollow points should break up on impact with most things but the round just seemed to be deformed. Abit missing but not much.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

155617.jpg

Remmy Action Strikes again :D

• Advertisement

155721.jpg
    2 out of 3 Aint bad ;)

Just in after an evening/night of shooting with Tack. The 75gr BTHP is well capable on a fox.

Got this fella at 127 yards.

IMAG0034.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fermanaghman

Fox shot with .22 WMR 150 yards head shot!

a .22WMR is that a .22 magnum???

yea.. nice gun didnt like the .22lr

yea.. nice gun didnt like the .22lr

i hope to get a rifle some time,would defiently go for magnum over .22lr better power for foxes,how much is bullets for a magnum?

I use CCI 40 grain jacketed hollow point or JHP for 50 its £12.50 not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

What mod is that on the rifle? Looks very big is it a centre-fire mod

I really cnt remember something says its a T1000 or T2000 the rifle came rimmed for a mod and the dealer suggested i get a proper one to take the crack out of the round, which it does. I have a youtube channel which I have a shooting vid and a better vid on the rifle as is now.

If you search youtube for MRFermanaghman, zeroing .22 magnum there is a two part vid on shooting. I have other vids on my channel, some gun related some not.

• Advertisement

Just back from the new permission

Advertisement