Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

lefthooker wrote: »
    Lovely setup you have there zlezlius. What torch do you have on the scope? How do you get on with it, range, battery life etc
    Thanks. It's Led lenser P7, that I believe most of the lads using in here. As per tech spec battery life is 64hrs, and beem is 220 meters, realisticly it's alright up to 120-140 yards, to spot fox eyes probably up 200 yards. I use Lightforce 240 handheld normally, when I'm shooting with somebody,and lenser is just for the shooting when i'm alone in the field.Anyways for the price and size P7 is a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

First maggie with a rifle!
    Neckshot, 48 yards, iron sights, rested on a branch, eley sub, delighted:)

43814a1d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

Out for a few hours last night, encouraging night to say the least. Must have seen around 2 dozen foxes, most unsafe shots, some we were just not quick enough, and a few missed, but overall a nice calm night. 3 below, slightly gorey. The 1st was standing side on hence the side exit, th middle had a sore head as per the brain matter on the road, the last pic with the stomach content was facing me head on, the bullet entered just below his jaw and exited as below. All shot wit a 223 using 55g berger HP.
    And below all, THE TACK DRIVER......240 handheld used to spot and the nd-5 to comlpete.
    P1030924.jpg
    P1030920.jpg
    P1030926.jpg
    P1030928.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

How do you find the nd5 and how did u mount it, i'm on d lookout for a lamp or torch for solo lamping, tempted by the deben tristar pro but would be interested in how the nd5 works for you as i heard they are a lot better than the nd3

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

2 bunnies, 2 rounds, headshots, 25yds, on irons, might hold off putting on the scope:)

5be2bd8c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mayfly36

ormondprop wrote: »
    How do you find the nd5 and how did u mount it, i'm on d lookout for a lamp or torch for solo lamping, tempted by the deben tristar pro but would be interested in how the nd5 works for you as i heard they are a lot better than the nd3

Last night was a completly new ball game, every fox i put the nd-5 on just carried on about its business, not 1 was worried about this light, but saying that ive had foxes before run, but to be honest i believe these were lamp shy as they were lit up 1st with the red handheld, and then picked up with the nd-5. It was a great benifit last night, dont get me wrong i had my doubts at the start for foxes, but i think you will find if the fox is totally switched off and only interested in grubbing, any light on him wont spook him. Overall i would recommend the light, i also had the nd-3 on the HMR For bunnies and it was 100% effective. I had a mate off mine lamp a bunnie with a white light before only to see the ears go down among the grass, it was switched off and the nd-3 put on him, the rabbit totally relaxed again and carried on grazing, so it does work. Now you will no doubt get positive and negative comments, i can only tell you my experience with these lights, and it is def a positive experience.
    It will pick up eyes out to 3/400 yards, ive done it, but could not verify fox, so these shots are left due to lack off identificaion. The mounting system comes with the unit, and is secured exactly the same way as a scope" rings" has windage and elevation, can be a bit loose, but ive got around this by placing a piece off flat rubber under the adjustment plate, works a treat a lot more stable now, i think this is an area that the maufacturers need to look into, but to be honest it didnt put me off the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

7a028060.jpg
    41cd8eea.jpg
    b64bb992.jpg
    4c8287c7.jpg

Best Friends :)

165a72d4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Section 42

I was out a lot recently on my Section 42's and I had put a lot of work in.
    Farmer said I was bad luck, because every time I arrived deer would not be there.
    165045.jpg
    I was out yesterday and got this Pricket on the edge of a Barley field.
    I have a few trail cam pics to post, but since I am in work for the next few days I said I'd leave the cam in position to monitor how many more deer are in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

A few bunnies yesterday eve
    bunnygun.jpg

Out last night for a few more shots.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]bunsgun30611.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]ben1.jpg?t=1309529219[/URL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Out for a walk this morning with the dog brought the .22 with me as well.
    Was walking through some freshly cut silage fields and spotted a couple of magpies in the far field and managed to get close enough to take a shot.
    Was 50 or 60 yards away and i have to say i struggled with the shot as the trigger in my Ruger is s**t.
    May have to get a job done on it or buy a new trigger.

img00204201107021235.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

So my next door neighbors kid has been having problems with his chickens being taken by a fox, So after him pestering me this week to go out lamping i finally brought him:) this evening. Shot the first cub in the field behind the house, just lit the field up and it was about 70 yards away;)

cdc416a5.jpg

Went into 2 more fields and lit up 2 pairs of eyes but as soon as the lamp hit them they where gone:mad: so we made our way back in a circle and seen 2 cubs in the field. Missed the first one but the second i shot the 2nd one whilst it was running, at 167 paces :eek:

0928ff8a.jpg

A shot to remember :cool: couldnt believe i hit it when it was running:o

Out foxing last night. Fox caller uk worked well as usual, nailed first fox at 200 yards.
    hunting001.jpg

Later on stoped by another freshly cut field, put the light on-at least four pairs of eyes. Didn't know where to start:D Anyways got three cubs within a minute, couldn't find third one though for the picture:mad:

hunting004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Beautiful day today to chop up a section 42 deer and throw it on the Barbie

Tasty, I may invest in a Gas powered Barbie though :D
    165730.jpg

Charcoal takes so long to cook, fired up 6pm, finished cooking 10pm

165731.jpg

bagged my first black bunnie
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]blackbunny.jpg[/URL]
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shotgun_TEXAS

new lurcher

few more

Just got the hang of photo's lol forgive me!

Not a great video I have made worse youtubers LOVE me:P if only they could read they would not look at it:D am I right or wrong?

They all look the same when there clothes are off LOL.
    [URL="javascript:void(0);"]2inthepot.jpg[/URL]

• Advertisement

A few old ones
    First and second are they same deer it will be mounted soon!
    Last one is my very first deer and the other my second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

ecde74c4.jpg

New phone app - allows nice mods to photos

efa594ca.jpg

9c35be21.jpg

404feb03.jpg

8ca6c0d5.jpg

ec8f25e9.jpg

250 yards fox shot last night

lamping001.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

4gun, rick and i went out for a bit of plinking yesterday as 4gun had just picked up a cz 452 silhouette .22lr . so he called in to me and we went to a farm just across the road from me to 0 the new rifle.

as we were walking across the field to the appropriate spot we spotted 2 massive red stags across the vally in the national park. (nice to see these majestic beasts).

anyway we did our 0 on the rifle and went for a walk around the farm where i had a chance to plink a bunny down the line of a ditch, it was a little further than usual so i held over by 3 mildots on the hawlk night eye scope.
    winchester subs did the work alright and pop job done.

52f43223.jpg

i paced it down but wasnt sure so both my self and rick paced it back to the firing point, i counted 150 paces and rick counted 152 paces.

after that we went for a walk up around the fields that are nearly ready for cutting silage or hay from so all we saw were the tails of bunnies bipping along into the ditch no shot fired.

then to our surprise we stumbled on to a nice big 10 pointer red stag that trotted off over the hill in no great hurry. and as we were standing there talking and saying how nice it is to encounter these amazing animals i spotted a pair of eyes and ears that silhouette against the darkening sky.
    a fox we were on our knees calling and waiting for an opportunity for a shot, (3 .22lr trained on his direction) then he appeared 20 yards away to our right but it was to late for us it had cought us by surprise and winded us and off it went. as if that wasnt enough a badger appeared on our left not 15 yards away. we were getting a look at nearly every wild mammal in ireland at this stage.

and to top it off on the way back down to the farm yard we spotted the tail end of 2 sika deer as the ran off away from us. cool:cool:

after that we we got the lamp out to see if there were any more bunnies about when 4gun pulled off a lovely 80yard head shot on a bunnie in high grass to blood in his new rifle.

an excellent armed nature walk to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 hunter 16

How much did 4gun pay for his s/h cz Paolo? Are they accurate at 100 yards? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

zlezlius wrote: »
    Nice! Poulo, are you sure it wasn't the Zoo yous were walking at!?:D
    I wasn't sure if we had taken a wrong turn into fota wildlife park. :D
    hunter 16 wrote: »
    How much did 4gun pay for his s/h cz Paolo? Are they accurate at 100 yards? Thanks

You will have to ask 4gun that him self. There is a pic of it on the hunting page.
    And yes they are very accurate out to 100y and beyond
    podge.243 wrote: »
    So poulo it was a gud evening for ye so ha. eh not long till season is upon us ha

All I can say is role on September. :D

• Advertisement

I was driving home around 7.30 pm when got call from good friend, farmer, who was cutting the field. Get over here, he said, this fox is folowing tractor for the last half an hour. I was pulling over by the field within 10 min. Saw the fox straight away, pulled out the rifle, ran into the field: since the road is a good bit higher, I couldn't see the fox from where I was now, she was behind the little hill. At that stage farmer was driving up to me pointing where the fox was. I told him I couldnt see, he offered to climb up onto tractor. So I did. Anyways, was to excited, got the fox into the scope, could feel that position isn't the best.Fired...missed, fox dissapeared in the bushes at the far side of the field...I wasn't going to give up. Walked up the hill and hide myself in the grass. Started calling with mouth (left all my "calling gear" at home when rushed) Anyways 10-15 minutes-nothing. Suddanly heard tractor stoped and started reving up behind me at the far said of the field. I turned around P***(farmer) was flashing tractor lights and indicating to the left-this is where she was. It apears that she sneaked behind my bag and crossed the field while I was calling to the oposite direction. Anyways I was rushing quietly to the new position. My "spotter" in the tractor was guiding me. Here I was aiming again, and took my time this time. Called with my lips for a second, she started moving towards me, and than suddenly stopped, looking straight at me. At that stage I fired. Was delighted with the head shot.
    Couple pics:
    fo016.jpg
    fo022.jpg

Advertisement