Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Look who my hunting partner is sleeping with:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Out on Wnesday evening just as dusk falling 3 shots in 10-12 seconds all running. I know they run nowhere near as fast as deer but still running. Closest one about 100 yards last one about 140 yards:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

7fa8732a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

First blood with the new hmr, 120 yard headshot using the m7r
    4a96896d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DavyDee

Got a call from a farmer who put in 2 weeks of back breaking work to get plagued by these fellas. Unfortunately this is only the tip of the iceberg of what was there, but we were glad to do our bit!
    1z19347.jpg

• Advertisement

Was out building the new dog house earlier & the lads were enjoying the sun. (well the lass was) I'd swear if the dog could mix concrete he'd be giving me a hand to get her out & to give him some peace!! :D

f3753925.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

First Rabbits with my own gun 200m

IMAG0130.jpg

Shots taken prone at the landcruiser
    IMAG0131.jpg

Two bunnies, 185 and 190 yards with the new hmr
    cfe6b12a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Ziggieire

First fox.
    IMAG0132.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

This is from Thursday night. Myself and Kevin.17hmr headed out for a few shots. He's a right little wabbit assassin.:D
    2012-04-19234322rabbitsguns.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Alot of people have asked me do the dogs use the decking I added. To which I say any bit of sun they are on it...
    Up off the concrete which prevents soars etc

907e90b1.jpg

b453defa.jpg
    I went off around the neighbours place after work yesterday evening and got these few

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Last night's rabbit shooting.
    dsc0386zn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Enough parts for three lambs, they obviously wandered down the den and died there voluntarily, cos Farthing Wood Friends don't kill other animals, they shop at Tesco :rolleyes:

Nice menu, lamb, hare, hen, little pheasant(?), mice.

Off out for Momma Fox this evening.

20120429_165631.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

So, Momma Fox arrived before I did as I expected (but I wasn't going to be hanging around all day), had her spotted with the binoculars as I arrived. I had a spot marked out 180 yards from the den, the wind had changed a lot and it was missing the den by the skin of my teeth. First I thought she had made me, moving away off down a path, then she turned and headed down but back on her former direction towards the shore. She went out of view and popped up at the den again a few minutes later, she leant out over the corner of the hillock and I shot her in the left of the chest exiting behind the right shoulder I think. All done in daylight for a change.

Wahey, in bed before midnight for a change :D

There IS a photo down here, PB is telling me I' real popular having gone beyond my permitted bandwidth - in other words trying to shaft money out of me - not gonna work...

It will be visible on the 17th of next month :D:D:D

fcfox.jpg

21 altogether, closest was 5 yards, farthest was 148 yards
    f02efc40.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Good time of year for getting the cage out!

fishhhhh021.jpg

Gray's and Mag's are very territorial this time of year and these two musta been nesting close by!!

408603cc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

Is that a new springer EP? I always thought yours was black and white.

Before I suffer the wrath of the mods.
    No it's a mates. Very well bred bitch, 11 months old, stylish & lightning fast. Will make a fine dog. Plenty of birds shot this season gone already. I'm considering a pup when he breeds her or to buy a different strain & breed to her. Split myself laughing when I saw her doing this. Oh fond of the water too ;)
    I think they all do it bud lol

b472128e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

i think they do to

365B3E4D7C784A03A25C19F17872F4C6-0000352191-0002845088-00500L-4E73D9F2235941DEA0529288E2F8C783.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Heres a few pictures of my springer bitch whos just turning a year retrieving a dead magpie. Reall reccommend anyone with a pup to bring them checking the magpie traps with them get them retrieving some warm birds. I do not bother with dummies realy may as well have them retrieving the real thing when I have it. keeps them keen for the job too.

holly002.jpg

holly003.jpg

The only other good thing magpies are for! Keep the hoors away from my breeding pen!

holly004.jpg

Some pheasant chicks only about 24 hours old hatched out under a bantam. She has a few eggs left to hatch yet.

holly005.jpg

holly006.jpg

Edit: I dont know how to resize the photos so apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

right lads heres a few pics from the last two weeks ,named the pics to save me:D rambling on

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

was out today and knocked the first fox with my new .223 hit him square in the chest and the bullet exited his back taking some spine with it. shot was from 160 yards with a 55gr remington accutip

20120507139.jpg
    By cushcam at 2012-05-07
    20120507142.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Went out this eve to try my hand at a few long range bunnies and low and behold 2 tiddles appeared in the corner of the field I had just been shooting in. So I swung the boom boom stick around and shot the 1st one in the chest. The 2nd one ran for about 10/20yds then stopped BANG head shot. I got up to head over but then for some reason I decided to get back down and hold out just in case and sure enough number 3 was sniffing at his bro/sis I'd just busted so he got busted. That 4 in the one field a 365yrd a while ago and these 3 happy days:D:D:D
    2012-05-10210106fox.jpg
    2012-05-10210247fox2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Just the guns of 3 fella in 1 estate. Just proof not all townies are dumb to country sports. :D:D

well yesterday we desided to go and snoop around a few holes with the terrier's as some hens had been taken from a local farm. We found a few but had no luck as they were all empty so we desided to go back again in the evening to see if there would be anything stirring. At half 8 we set off through the farm keeping a keen eye out through holes in ditches moving slow around corner's, and then over across in the next field there is foxy out sniffing mad with the nose to the ground moving at a nice steady pace, and just as we came to a halt charlie spotted us. Keeping frozen until charlie went about his buisness again i then crept over to the ditch to get a rest for a stedy shot(.204), lovely setting with charlie out about 170 yards, 1 squeek bang TUMP, over we went to pick what was a milky vixen.
    we got back to the car about 10 and desided to go for a cupa, wait for it to get dark and go out again with the lamp, over again about 11 ish and there was at least 4 foxs barking/calling to 1 another, and there out in the same field as earlier were 2 of them. Gave a quick flick to see exactly where they were could only see 1 out about 500 yard so again moved into the same place as before and the boyo was no where to be seen. I started on the sweeker for a few minutes and from the other end of the field a set of eyes appeared out of a thick rushy corner, sat down beside a fence pole and started barking like mad taking no notice of the lamp. Sitting in tight to my right hand side this was going to be a tight shot. I got the rifle up on a fence pole gun on the left shoulder(im right handed) crancked up the scope to max mag, steady steady BANG thump fhuuuuuuuuuu. low and behold another vixen out at 140 yards, we had no more sightings after that but could hear foxs in the distance barking.
    foxing.th.jpg

http://pix.ie/snapsnap/2857086/size/800

The shiners where out last night 12 bunnies and a charlie @ 140yda on the why home.
    2012-05-15232046fox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

408603cc.jpg

Heres my springers new place to cool down below. I think shes recently decided shes a terrier & is obsessed with tryin to catch mice & rats!

• Advertisement

set the cage yesterday evening in the field where i got the vixen on tuesday went back thismorning. foxincageresize.jpg

Advertisement