Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

In keeping with the dogs swimming in cattle troughs theme,
    2012-05-16-222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bob Aronsohn

These are crow hunts in the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

image0080.jpg

stumbled on this badger out walking on a permission i have was about 2 metres away from him before i noticedit he/she didnt want to move and was very protective presume it had young very close by

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Quick stroll at sun set, 100 and 160yards

2012-05-20203118.jpg

2012-05-20204314.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

Here is a few pics one is of my shooting friend and lamping partner with two foxes we bagged near some sheep the other night a dog and a vixen. And the other pic is of some steel fox targets i made up for long range fox shooting.

021.jpg

023-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

I have these a while. And your post gave me the kick I needed to paint them.
    Now all I need to do is put some more holes in them.

039b0634.jpg

3b33ccb3.jpg

Practice makes perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Went for a stalk yesterday morning. On a Section 42 I have. Have told myself I am only going to shoot prickets as myself and the farmer don’t really share the same view on population control!

Misjudging sunrise and a flat tyre meant that I hit the ground later than I really should.

Even so I zig-zagged up the hill-side skirting and travelling though woods where possible. Seen a number of fresh deer track but no deer. Went to a spot where I thought it would be good to lie up. After 45 mins I set off gain towards another wood and came across heavy deer tracks that were fresh. I followed these to another wood. Could only see 30yards ahead through the trees as I made my way through. With that 2 does got up and all I seen was their back-ends skipping away. I stalked in on them again but with the same result.

Decided to take a high line and see if I could get around the area where I thought my prey might be. Next thing I spot 4 prickets skipping off into a wood. Thankfully 2 stopped where I could still see them and although I think they knew something was amiss, I don’t think they had spotted me.

All I could see was the head and about 8 inches of neck. There was no cover to stalk in closer and the deer were fairly alert. 1 moved off leaving 1 for a shot. Ranged at 140yards with the leica, so no click or holdover needed.

The animal was facing away from me and just as I was ready to shoot it turned its head to give me an even better shot. The high ditch in the background providing ample backstop.

SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

I had 6 bullets left from the box of 20gr that I wanted to get rid of before I went back to 17gr so i headed off out today for a few shots.

I put back on the rear rest i made since the ground was dry and would help for the prone shots (i ran out of black tape :D
    Got up onto the ditch with the bipod open fully to clear the briars and got the first bunny at about 80yards.

2012-05-23193006.jpg

On I went again and spotted another fella at about 140 yards. I got down and fired but pulled the shot and missed.

I walked on for another while and spotted this fella at about 140 yards. Went for the head and the bullet hit him just under his skull. the rear rest really helped keeping steady for this shot.

2012-05-23195422.jpg

i copped another rabbit not too far inside gap at about 40 yards and got down and crawled on my hands and knees about 10 yards to the gap and slowly slid out into the gap till i had a shot. he ran a bit to the ditch but foolishly stopped. As you can see he ended up with his head upside down. :D

2012-05-23200107.jpg

With 2 bullets left I was losing the light and stayed going a bit further and getting over a ditch I saw another one out in the field. I got down on the ditch and got steady and thump. As I was looking for him another rabbit ran from the high grass beside me and stopped at the ditch at about 60 yards. As he was running away i got down incase he stopped and foolishly he did.
    I shot him through the back of the head and as you can see the results aren't pretty.
    2012-05-23201554.jpg

Not for weak stomachs.
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb466/deiseboy123/2012-05-23201534.jpg
    Wasnt anything left of its head.

Out of bullets i headed home. saw a few more for the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Did a bit of lamping last night. Pity didn't get their mother... Maybe next time:)

dsc0518zo.jpg

dsc0520h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

zlezlius wrote: »
    Did a bit of lamping last night. Pity didn't get their mother... Maybe next time:)

dsc0518zo.jpg

dsc0520h.jpg
    Did the same myself a couple off week back great crack:D
    2012-05-10210106fox.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

7278480510_1b47796ae7_z.jpg
    Photo,s taken on a farm roadway.
    Stumbled on these 4 at 10 o clock last night. Had to use the lamp to take the photo's. All shot at 40-45 yards using mini-mags.
    7278481350_4cc0ffc06d_z.jpg
    7278480222_6a1dce1e43_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Iron sight shooting is fun! Miles more sport so it is compared to optics.

Purchased a Browning BL-22 for 100euro about a month ago, decided to go for a rabbit this evening and managed to get two rabbits with the value pack bullets I bought a few weeks back. 34euro for 525 rounds 36gr hollow points and I find them great, cheap plinking fun and good power too for the odd rabbit.

Best gun I've ever and will ever purchase I'd say :D:D

Here is the first one.
    lever2.jpg

Here is the two rabbits together.
    lever.jpg

was out again for a stroll this evening, the grass is fairly high due to be cut soon in most of the fields so didn't see much.

Switched back to remmy 17gr from hornady 20gr and checked the 0 first. 2 shots were about 1" hight and bang centre at 100 so i didnt even bother adjusting it.

Still picked up these 3 between 90 and 130 yards.

First fella was straight in one eye and out the other at about 110:)

2012-05-30212313.jpg

tore the chin off this one at 130
    2012-05-30212152.jpg
    next one was about 100
    2012-05-30211014.jpg

first 2 were in the same field. the bang of the first shot made the second fella run into my view to spot him
    2012-05-30212345.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

went on a recent hunting trip to czech republic after roe buck and wild boar was unlucky with the boar but bagged a nice roe buck my first one ever

its Czech tradition to always hunt with a hat on and never photograph the animal in a graphic nature
    after shooting it theres like a short prayer said and a branch broke from the nearest tree and some put in your hat and the rest laid on the animal

p5270303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Updated pic, 4mts old now

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Picture of my Labrador bitch, i was out shooting rabbits with the .22 and she was fetching them up....

izzy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

loaded up the cage with a load of meat off cut's and rabbits, the cage was let with the roof off it for 5 day's and then put on when the boy's were feeding mad. 9 in it today

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Got three foxes in the last 2 times i was out one got yesterday night and the other two a week ago. Couldn't get a picture of one as there was a mad bull in the field and didn't fancy walking into the center to get him so told the farmer and he said he'd get him. Here are the other two. Both headshots.

First one shot with 150gr Fusion at 100 yards roughly.

[IMG][/img]fox308.jpg

Close up of damage.

[IMG][/img]head.jpg

Heres the PPU bullets i got for dirt cheap just wanted them for foxes for the summer. Very surprised at the damage. Shot at 140 yards. Didn't do a close up due to it being abit bad :o

[IMG][/img]ppubullets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Did some bunny shooting this evening:)

dsc0580cd.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

7366624096_11b0694a40_c.jpg

I,d never seen the poor fecker so confused, whatever he didnt want went for the pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I think he might be a bit big. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

210 yard headshot with the 17hmr
    05f9ce53.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

went for a quick shine late last night to a farm the grass had been just lifted off it. 1 half an hour vixen at 146 yards .204 40grn
    [IMG][/img]thebulgyfox010.jpg

[IMG][/img]thebulgyfox008.jpg

Got this little fella sunday eve with the shoty:D It was just starting to get dark as I was making my way back too the car then boom.
    2012-06-17222913cub.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

At a distance of nearly a mile I was scoping a recently cut silage field, off to the side of it I spotted a fox, so I hoped in to the car and away I went. There were in fact five foxes bowling around the field together; as it turned out it was a Dog, Vixen and 3 cubs. I took out the adults first and then the cubs just hung around after that, have to say though i was disappointed with the performance of my ammo. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was shooting at my maximum range of 200m, 3 of the foxes required a second shot I was using 55grain V-max.

2012-06-24-317.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

bit of training i was at a while back , thought it was a nice photo

threedogs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Got this guy at 105 yds with the .22. Hit him twice with CCI subs. Substantial exit wound for a .22.

99023515.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads,

Please be aware of the mod note in post number one.

No quoting pictures, and no chit chat in the photo thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

Here is a few pictures of a bit of fox and goat hunting ...We picked up 7 foxes on the 1st night & 1 more the next day, and another one that night & the kid goat for the pot !!!!!

davefox2.jpg

davefox.jpg

026.jpg

043.jpg

• Advertisement

Here's one from last sunday:D
    2012-06-24232155sundayfox.jpg
    And then this one from last night. One of this years juvenile cubs I'd say, he was a good size and by the looks of it out hunting one his own. This was the last field I shined. Charlie was about 150yds away. Called him into under 100yds with with the light on him with a 6 o'clock wind and a big bright moon. He wasn't sure but he still came in and then just sat down in front of me. I got prone stuck the cross-hair square on the bib then BANG.
    NO lamb for you this year:D:D:D
    2012-06-29232424cub.jpg
    2012-06-29232455cub2.jpg
    Hit with a 55gr hornady soft point. No exit hole so did a little field dissection too see what damage these rounds do. Will stick this up in a new Thread.

Advertisement