Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Couple pics from the other nights lamping.

dsc0588pb.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

copyofphoto3.jpg

dsc0585q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

First day/eve(last night) out after getting back(sunday)from my holiday in el scorcheo.
    I had one hell of an itchy trigger finger for the week. Although the weather was fab I couldn't wait to get back behind the .223:D
    2012-07-10222007fox2.jpg
    Shot with a 50gr Remington JHP @just under 100yds
    2012-07-10221935fox.jpg:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Oldest of them 3 days and the youngest few still drying off in the incubator. Released birds may be badly needed due to weather so even though its a little later than I would ideally like it is better than not at all.

049.jpg

059.jpg

063.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Got these 3 this evening @ 75 yards.
    There was a forth but got into the ditch before I could get another round loaded. Hope to get him in the next evening or 2.

IMAG0159.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

So farmer told me that there's that fox in the field he cut.Got up early next morning, got in to the field, found a good spot , lied down and started calling.About two minutes after fox appears from nowhere in front of me within few yards:eek: Wee look at each other and she starts moving away towords bushes. I aim and fire...miss... She bolts away into the bushes just couple yards away. Everything happened within five seconds, no time to adjust magnification, paralax or nothing. I don't know what happened, did I rush or did I fired to low due to her being so close. Anyways I was going mad: was calling for the next two hours and she didn't appear again. Went home. Couldn't believe I missed it so decided to get back to the field and get here with the lamp same day despite it was Sunday night before work(wife thought I was out of my mind:rolleyes:)Drove into field, first shine up-eyes,called in a bit, led lenser on and here she was:
    dsc0589r.jpg
    Was happy like a child. I just hope it's the same one from the morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

magpieinrattrap.jpg

Was doing my rounds checking traps as I do every morning. Came across this greedy magpie in a live catch rat trap. The blood is from his leg that got caught in the door. I wouldnt mind but there was a larsen trap loaded with a fresh half skinned rabbit less than 30 yards away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Picture046.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Headed out this evening at around 8 o clock for a few bunnies and bagged 3 foxes in 3 fields in a 10 yard triangle of each other in 20 minutes :D

17gr v-max did the trick nicely. Missing the third pic until tomorrow.

2012-07-27201633.jpg

2012-07-27202723.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

my shooting friend is freindly with a lad that cuts silage and said a farmer he was wrapping bales for asked did he know anyone to shoot foxs and fair play he recommended us.off we went and while waiting for my friend to put on his wellies i had a quick lamp around and straight away first cub spotted . 200 yards off roof of van .then walked to next field and took a shot lying down 150 . 2 cubs bagged .left them on passage and procedded to bottom of farm where my buddy dropped another at 150.on the way up we spotted the vixen standing over the cubs then she took off but not for long just as she was heading for the ditch she gave one look back and thump 223 dropped her where she stood .all shot with 223 55 federal balistic tip.only got pic of tails in van this morning as battery was dead in phone last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

427409e6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

pics of pigeons we shot over oats kept a few for retrieving training

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭AL 555

Out for a stroll with the dog and shotgun

8ce2779d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭DR6.5

Few trail cam pics

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

Here is a few pics of our fox control the last few weekends!
    cd796970.jpg

0a7ae912.jpg

0c83575c.jpg

16fa380d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

well not one but two charlies shot beside each other
    was walkin down a field grass up to me waist nearly in most parts lookin for rabbits and i seen two crows on a post at end of the field so i said to myself id walk towards the gate and jump over it then sneak up on them but as i got to the gate 3 foxes got up bout 15 metres away from me in the shorter grass
    one(looked like a big dog fox) ran under the gate and one stopped at the gate
    up went the shotty bang! dropped her and the other ran for the bushes and before he got in bang! again and dropped him
    delighted that i got not one but two and even happier that it was with the shotty
    enjoy and atb
    03645CFA.jpg

CE6AB0D6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

Back from a walk with the shotgun
    http://img819.imageshack.us/i/img20120809210708.jpg/

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭garyc007

30 mins training & she got the hang of it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭PippaSpaniel

Hi all,

The first picture is of a club member who wanted to go fox shooting thurs night i called to him I brought along my rifle and lamp and caller he had his .22 cz I said if I call the fox in close he could take the shot after walking down the road thru the fields I said we will set up here over looking a wood I started calling and within 2mins a pair of eyes appeared I stopped calling and let him get set up and when he was ready I continued calling and the fox ran straight at us and I stopped him up 20meters out and he put a high velocity 22 round into his chest and it dropped on the spot ! He was grinning ear to ear! We collected our fox and headed home.

d7382b28.jpg

The following night,
    Myself and my shooting friend were asked could we call to help shoot a few a few foxes for two other lads from another part of the country so we gladly obliged them we started off with some rabbit shooting and as the evening closed in we went home had the tea and sanwiches and grabbed our gear calls lamps etc, within twenty mins we had three shot!! Anyway we continued on thru the night and met quiet a few red lads!! All we used was mouth calls and everything worked out for us! We headed home late with 11 foxes we shot twelve but couldn't recover one.
    The following morning we were up early again and went pigeon shooting we had a good weekend it all,Thanks to the two lads who put us up and fed us.We were two tired boys driving back home.

ba7f00a7.jpg
    6ed0fb2d.jpg
    A busy few days with good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

Drove up to Garberville in Humboldt County with my hunting buddy Saturday to check out some land we may be able to hunt on in the future . Took some pic's . First three are some Elk in the distance ,other two are Deer about five mile up an old logging road .

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

here are some pics compiled from the past month. some are doubled up but we also didnt take a pic of every fox we shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

dsc00649an.jpg
    By pugw at 2012-08-15
    dsc00650z.jpg
    By pugw at 2012-08-15

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Comeraghshooter

Spotted this fella out the bedroom window last week in the middle of the day walking around the field about 150m or so from the house, lucky for him the .223 was not zeroed !!
    Got out the 22lr to see could i take a photo through the scope (Had no intention of shooting at him with it from the window)

Its bloody hard to take a photo through the scope trying to keep it on target and hold the camera/ phone still - any little movement and it all goes black!

About 1 hour after this photo was taken i had the .223 zeroed - This wont happen again ;)

fox2y.jpg
    fox3cf.jpg

fox1f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Was out just now for the usual route and took a nice long shot. The hill on the horizon is where the shot was taken. 320 yds.
    20120818_170309.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Picture of my first kill with my new remy 700 243 from the other weeks goat hunt! My largest animal yet, all pheasants, duck and rabbit till now :-) First goat, bit of practice for the deer! We camped out and dined on goat curry that night :-) About 130yd shot!

[photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

Pieball Rabbit

17109b1f.jpg

f9501eaa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

my first wild boar (65kg) got her in sweden thursday night will do a little write up when i get the time
    boar.jpg

boar2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Out early and shot some and left the rest for another day.
    Ran the setters on the heather after dinner and the dogs found a few nice clutches. Great to see birds and breathe in the mountain air.

duckday2.jpg

photog201.jpg

foxducks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Not a bad evening. Feed a pond & they will come!!
    Were like fighter jets but the ducks are still young. Got what we wanted & left with em still dropping in for the next day. This dry spell coming won't help the pond though!

Was like a warzone not far from us with all the shots.

D19D871A-A499-4E21-A111-B6DD0CB878A0-850-00000189D29B4ACE.jpg

CC83CCDE-4CC0-4A3F-B044-E3B5F0FD215B-850-00000189FFA172A7.jpg

22C1EBA1-EDFD-42E8-BE82-3B65794AF990-850-0000018A39E3AA86.jpg

BA21C949-399F-4D8A-9C90-758EB07B1D60-850-0000018A627012F5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Was out at 4 o'clock and didn't see a duck or fire a shot. Saw 4 massive bucks of a heard heading back into swap the shotguns for rifles. They wont be touched till after the rut. Only one of them.

Saw a rake of doe's and fawns that stood looking at us like fools with no intentions of moving even when they were told to feck off. No prickets or stags though.

Decided to test a caller when it got too dark. Spotted this lad and he ran from the lamp at about 150 yards. Turn off the lamp and started calling and he re-appeared closer each time the lamp was turned on. 100gr .243 to the front of his chest left no exit wound but just a bundle of jelly.
    collected the tail and called it a night.

219204.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

I managed to shoot my first deer at 8-30pm this evening with the new .243. A fine fallow buck, thanks to all the stalking I done with another man from the midlands last season I knew exactley what to do this evening.;) Delighted with the 160 yard heart /lung shot. 219205.jpg

Advertisement