Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭underthetumb

shot this fella just after seven this morning, he was wth another poor buck, they popped out just under the high seat. heart lung shot, ran bout 20 yards. good morning out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Went out for a duck Sunday morning meeting no duck on the river or the ponds I met 3 Snipe, 2 Common Snipe and a Jack Snipe. Jack needed 2 shots but hit the other 2 with one shot. Jack was retrieved off a pond was surprised Odie found him as she did see where he dropped. Lovely morning for it meeting a good few birds and rabbits.

null_zps13f34079.jpg

null_zps14b22aa6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Went out yesterday evening with the air rifle. Air arms s410.
    Handy little yolk
    20131008_210457.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

gave brazzil a buzz to call today and we go for a strole along the river with his bitch . just as we walked around a bend in the river we heard theses two take off and i was lucky enough to get the gun to the shoulder and two quick shots later they were down . one landed in the field and the other drifted down the river but were quickly retrieved by oddie.
    DOUBLETROUBLE_zps744c6b68.jpg
    FARMTOFORK_zps11850363.jpg
    we walked on up the river only to see the farmers son crossing the river at a cattle crossing and spooked 6 mallard off it,sickened!! said we would hit one more splash and brazzil got his chance to shine with a lovely far out shot on a teal and retrieved again by the queen
    brazzilteal_zps528412c7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tonytoc11

Went for a walk along a few big drains in a bog yesterday. I spotted a group of mallard a good 100m ahead so I went to the other side of the ditch and stalked into them, popping my head up every now and again to see how close I was to the group. When I got close enough for a shot I counted 5 mallard so I popped up over the bank and to my surprise about 20/25 mallard rose from the rushes. I wasted my first shot by firing wild into the flock so I steadied myself and picked out a single mallard and dropped it with the 2nd shot. The flock were a bit out of range to use the 3rd shot but I noticed a lot of other ducks rising around me from the commotion and spotted a single teal flying towards me along the line of the drain. So I ducked down and waited for him to come into range and with the 3rd shot dropped him with a nice left to right shot.

20131009_135903_zps87701359.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭driller2

Nice stag

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭dicky82

Molly

Not all mine but had them all that day.

Bit of swimming.

Same day

• Advertisement

The 'lab' belongs to the missus. She's actually really getting into the hunting. Loves water/ditches/rabbits and generally being out with the other dogs. The missus isn't impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Went out for a duck thisevening, 3rd time out with the dog sè. Was kneeling down in the cover when 3 teal came from my right, fast and low, put gun on last one and pulled through,dropped into field about 30yrds out, stayed in position for another ten minutes,nearly dark at this stage, nothing else stirred.Headed on then and hunted himself and he picked the bird within 2 minutes. Happy out.

IMAG1270.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I like to do this......

IMAG0776-1-1_zps61d8dc18.jpg

To get one of these.....

IMAG0666_zps0e8af3f4.jpg

Which ends up like this.......

IMAG0766_zps6098a942.jpg

......and this.....

IMAG0707_zps80ff9306.jpg

so I can enjoy this.........

IMAG0696_zps4d7a14b4.jpg

so up for 5 this morning threw on the sausages and sat down to try to wake up.once the sausages were down threw on the jacket and grabbed the widow maker.just as i did brazzil pulls up with the queen of the ponds "oddie"so off we went to the first spot where we got a tip off that there was alot of mallard going in there.we had a third lad with us who waited at the bounding ditch just at the back of the pond and we headed straight in with oddie at heel.just as we were getting in we saw at least 40 mallard sitting there ever heard the term "sitting ducks" well these were the lads. just then they got up and it took everything in me not to fire wildly i picked my birds and knocked 3 mallard and 2 teal,brazzil knocking 3 mallard and a teal .(one missing from pic but retrieved on way back) happy would be an understatement and all retrieved and found by oddie .
    ducksducksducks_zps7585a0b2.jpg

we then went to a river and bagged two more along with one single drake in the evening in a small splash, 12 in total and a great day had .wrecked now and also fell into a dike of nettles and the balls are roasted . we missed the chance on 6 drakes that were sitting on a slash that we were heading to but the other lad spotted a fox and ran after him and spooked them but no harm done

• Registered Users Posts: 49 woodcock89

Just home from flyting a pond with the brother. 5 teal and 1 wigeon we knocked 3 each all retrieved by skipper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

few of the setter on point

2cpz6na.jpg
    eqypoo.jpg
    25i4sop.jpg
    2ccuhsh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭customrifle

Just checking zero on swift y day when hooded crow landed in field across from me. Stuck rangefinder on him 263 yards.............he disappeared in a puff of feathers:D
    http://imgur.com/l8oNufj

so got up this morning and headed off for a shot with a buddy as brazzil had gone out back his way. so headed to a splash and to my surprise a mallard and about ten teal broke i nailed the mallard and a text book retrieve from bruno across the far side and up the bank
    sundaymorning2_zps8ad0befe.jpg

headed on then to a new spot that we had checked prior and decided to hit it and to our amazement we shot a scaup and teal each. then on way home teal broke on the river and dispatched it quickly but the firing pin came out through the back of the breach and bent and now am gunless #fuming but great morning all the same just glad it didnt happen the first of november .met in the region of 30 snipe ,1 cock phesant 1 hen 1 buzzard ,and 1 woodcock
    sundaymorning_zps10e65067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

The new pub, hopefully will be ready for next year, Harry the hungarian Vezsal

harrt.jpg

shot this mallard today along with 4 teal and a scaup other didnt make the photo as the phone went dead ,shot a magpie too breaking out of the farmers barn as we entered the field, shot this snipe the other day and thought her pose was class the way she sat on the post like the queen of the wetlands
    snipepose_zps441672c6.jpg

mallardpin_zps8b96bc90.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Out this morning the weather was atrocious twice went to turn car around,glad now I didn't cold & wet to the bone .Still smiling though.Shot at 137 Yards Blaser 300 WM 180 Grain SP.He moved at the time of the shot hit him lower then I would have liked but my god the power of the round is incredible instant kill.

20131028_082136_zpsb10bdf83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

First morning on my own with the lab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Play time over
    Out this morning got set up & started glassing the areas normally I would see deer feeding.Morning was really tranquil & quiet apart from few bird songs & a cock & hen pheasant off to my left in the gorse,when I heard noise of running behind me.To my utter amazement 3 deer were bouncing & running coming right at me.I froze with the rifle at my feet binos in my hand looking right at them.They pretty much were caught up in what they were doing went up the hill 30 yards to my left turned around & took off again to the next field from where they came.I got down behind the gun just getting ready to move to where the 3 went when back the three of them came again.Jaysus could not believe it took a bead on the biggest but they kept coming.By the time I adjusted off they ran again to the field from where they came,right safety off set the gun to where they stopped & turned.Back again they came this time 5 of them.Only 3 went back though.

20131109_072842_zpsf0b78803.jpg

300 WM is pretty much devastating on them.

First pheasant for Sé today. He hunted hard last weekend and this weekend and finally a reward for him. Hunted nicely up along the wood and up got the cock and i flattened him lovely retrieve back to foot. I think the penny is dropping. All the training is paying off.
    IMAG1048.jpg
    IMAG1331.jpg
    IMAG1333.jpg
    IMAG1308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Had a go with a friends 20 gauge SxS last weekend with happy results...........

IMAG0901_zps9a2b4f14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭thomasc4329

A few corvids and pigeons from yesterday.

didnt post a pic in a bit so heres 2 first is of my 2 older dogs and second is of pup
    rockyandmonty_zpsb678647d.jpg

nutter_zpsaf2d2124.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Just a couple of pictures of myself and Odie out hunting Sunday.

5307a4c1-280e-4e5f-aa33-ad33727d7d74_zps5adec576.jpg

30C765DD-DDD9-49B7-8349-A244A9A2AF27_zps544u3idq.jpg

Out yesterday morning and rose 10 wookcock, shot one meself and 2 other lads managed the other 4. Good mornings shooting.

IMAG1353.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

Just out for a few shots with trigger

Advertisement