Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

IMAG0955_zps96b63a6e.jpg
    After days of lousy weather finally got a nice day for it. Put up quite a few cock pheasants between us but only managed two. Funny with the mild weather we came across no woodcock where only a week ago we were tripping on 'em. Can't have it every way.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

95b4264a9984ab517b367e664f989bb4_zps43a1a7d0.jpg
    Got out for a couple of hours this morning. Had enjoyable morning. Jill put up 8 and I got 4 ,missed 2 and had no shot at the other 2. Have to say she worked very hard, cover was very heavy.
    The other day she came out from cover with a woodcock in her mouth.
    Didn't know what to do, so decided to let the bird off.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

Got a call from a cousin in the next parish saying he needed pigeons shot they were feasting on his oil seed rape so me an a couple of buddies went out today Jesus there were sum amount of them on it I've never shot over rape before but I wasn't disappointed got 5 or 6 left and rights and sum lovely long shots total was around 70 could b more a gud few fell in a big wood behind us,I must say the eley Olympic 7.5 are a great shell for pigeons sum knocking power in them.1 crow and a magpie which my buddy nearly dropped on my head

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

Pigeon breast tossed in olive oil black pepper salt and chili salt flakes fried in butter with onions topped with cranberry cheese very nice indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Great photo EP, there is much drive in that dog. How old is he?
    Happy New Year!

76A59B92-F039-4B99-9371-B0D191F0867A-367-0000002FD16A1A8E_zps52878270.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Great photo EP, there is much drive in that dog. How old is he?
    Happy New Year!

76A59B92-F039-4B99-9371-B0D191F0867A-367-0000002FD16A1A8E_zps52878270.jpg

She is less than 18 months. Must check the cert but its her first season. She has plenty of drive & speed. Her nature is submissive & timid but on game she becomes alive & nothing will stop her. She retrieves like her life depends on it & blind retrieves very well stopping g on the whistle & casting well for a pup. When she gets going if you take your eye off her she could be 100 yards away but that's all in the learning curve. I'm seeing signs of her coming around & a bit more experience will do her wonders. I like to let a dog hunt & reign it in rather than do all the manners & have a boot licker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

the two springers out for a stretch over the christmas, pup coming along nicely starting to trail and not shy of cover, very happy so far

2mfwvte.jpg

300dyzm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

couple of pictures of my season. two of the four pheasants ive got, my first snipe still have another couple to put up if i can find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

so being taking the pup along for a few hunts lately and decided to give her a run today and i can tell u today was the day that something clicked,we went to a plantation where the cover in places was unreal and very hard going for any dog ,well i can tell u that this pup made it look easy she went through cover that u would have to see to believe .it was so heavy in places that u could not see her only hear her .she hunted two woodcock and retrieved one on the blind from hard cover which she winded ,brazzill was with me and was surprised at her capabililty, this one is going to be a good one:D:D:D:D the pic is on the way out i will be getting videos with hatcam next week

pupwithwoodcock_zpse8db92ac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

kermitpwee wrote: »
    Jesus what lines are in that pup? Monalue? Some markings on her, beauty

mj67ax.jpg
    2u6fwwi.jpg

• Advertisement

and my first woodcock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Went out with my setter Bailey and one of the lads setter Cooper this afternoon and got these 4 cocks, met 8 in total but had no shot at 2 and 2 more should have been shot.

8D2B7D5B-CF44-4B19-A7CB-43914FA2940F_zpszi3geazt.jpg

couple of pics of pippa the black lab (by "black lab" i mean black blur that wouldnt sit still)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

New permission, 2nd Stalk, 1st Red.......

IMAG0967-1-1-1_zps7c484abf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

A mixed bag a few of us had today.

couple of better pictures of the pup

picture of my third pheasant of the season and my fifth which i got today and took an accidental dip in the river about 15 mintues before i got em i was crossing on a tree and slipped off and went up to my waist in it but got the cock after crossing so it was worth it

third pheasant of the season from a few weeks ago and the fifth which i got today but took an accidental dip in the river when crossing on a tree went up to my waist in it but shot the cock about fifteen minutes after crossing the river so it was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

this is a few pics of season so far.had videos with go pro and im sick i mean sick its saying card corrupted and hours of hunting on it.
    bonnie 301.jpg 1st of sep
    bonnie 341.jpg cockers 1st day
    morning flight and evening.jpg one of the best days 30 birds
    st stephen day shoot.jpg

xmas shoot.jpg
    woodcock shooting 002.jpg
    04 01 2014 002.jpg
    one or two photos i put up before as i dont know this tread was here.i wouldn't usually shot that much but a mate is back from auss so we made the most of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

allan450 wrote: »
    xmas shoot.jpg
    woodcock shooting 002.jpg
    04 01 2014 002.jpg
    one or two photos i put up before as i dont know this tread was here.i wouldn't usually shot that much but a mate is back from auss so we made the most of it...

Fantastic shooting, putting me to shame big time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I've moved a load of posts about dog pedigree to a separate thread, no more chit chat on this thread please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

ok sorry about that

my sixth cock of the season hunted about six 20 acre fields that are all overgrown sally plantations and was hoping to see afew woodcock but never seen a bird until i was leaving that spot through a wood and the bitch followed scent back into the plantation and up rose a cock flying back towards the ditch i was on i shot em at about thirty yards with a fiotchi 32g 7 and went over and picked em up myself as the bitch doesnt retrieve seen another cock about 20 minutes after but didnt bother shooting em

what length is he looks a long bird.could have been a competition winner

i didnt messure him but the barrels are 28" and about another inch for the extended chokes so ya can judge it yerself

first good day all week and my mates last day before he headed back to oz.had a great day most of the woodcock broke the right way and were flattened great send of for him.the only downer me lost all the videos on the go pro SICK isnt the word.we got 12 and the cock i got 2 and a snipe in a quick run on a piece of planton today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

got out for a few hours on saturday, nice mix of birds for the pot!

20140111_173959_zps2c12465d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Just a picture i took while out in the field last week

F12B49BC-2E58-4B51-A884-F2A80613E46D_zpssupwf563.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Couple of pics from last week. Thought they were nice.

IMAG1484.jpg
    IMAG1487.jpg

Advertisement