Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Wasn't a Good Friday for her..First fox with the hmr

What distance were you & where did you place your shot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

A few hours in the drizzle..........
    IMAG1091_zpsfa6a7511.jpg
    The 42 year Brno still does its job despite my worst efforts

IMAG1092_zps3a539e1a.jpg
    The final tally thanks to a younger and keener eye than myself.....warm up the fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Had an opportunity to hunt wild boar while on holiday in Lithuania. This one shot by myself from high seat around 40m with 7x64.

DSC_1944.jpg
    free photo hosting

DSC_1971.jpg
    jpg images

DSC_1963.jpg
    screen shot pc

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Myself and Alex69 did some fox control last night. To keep farmer happy :-)

DSC_1997.jpg
    image url upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Got new scope for the .223 yesterday but since I have not got the .223 yet I put it on the HMR for a look see and went out for a walk this evening

all between 75 and 105 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

Got new scope for the .223 yesterday but since I have not got the .223 yet I put it on the HMR for a look see and went out for a walk this evening

all between 75 and 105 yards

With that scope and them inos, your gonna have a great time with the .223!:cool:

IMAG1129_zps8ea4e336.jpg

Over 50 birds shot in an afternoons shoot between 3 guns, 45 birds picked, the rest went into the neighboring standing crop. The phone calls are coming in thick and fast back out tomorrow hopefully the longer day will get us the 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

How did today go ? Nice bag by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Forgotten about this thread since it died a death when the chat posts were banned

Heres a few pics from over the year

DSC_0006_zps184cb602.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsbb5ad863.jpg

DSC_0007_zpss2bqzcxg.jpg

43E437E5-29A3-4D07-9406-528CDE6CA4EE-26437-000018E5DE18B7F3_zps0a0131ef.jpg

C00FF100-9C5A-4C15-AB40-D84A047ECA83-15469-00000F643688D691_zpsf8df7271.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

shot 34 pigeons today on the same field we shot 24 on friday only about 15 in the picture we picked a few more after that but couldnt get everything cause we wrere in standing wheat and diddnt want to do to much damage, pippa picked most of them and stayed steady in the hide for the full 6 hours which im delighted with for a pup only about 10 months old, she had trouble on a couple of retrieves i think its was because the wheat was so thick and i dont think the heat helped

• Advertisement

How did today go ? Nice bag by the way

IMAG1131_zps8b57ab18.jpg

86 pigeons and another two crows, slower but steady day, this time last year there was no cutting, bailing etc so still plenty to look forward to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭chris20

Headed out for half an hour after work today around 7am,about 50 yards with my cz455

[IMG][/img]D387394C-4E52-4D87-A3B5-AF14A5E759D6_zps9mq8pmej.jpg

[IMG][/img]144DCD06-E318-4D52-8FB4-2AB3C012B209_zpso1anj8qv.jpg

[IMG][/img]1C7F9736-71F6-49F5-B0F0-033115976B85_zpslwat9bqz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

A few pictures from the last few weeks all shot with hmr

Few more

Few more

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

garv123 wrote: »
    Forgotten about this thread since it died a death when the chat posts were banned

Have your say here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭reniwren

2 for the HMR

Out today after pigeons set up at half 1 finished at 6.. Round 115 shot between 2 of us..91 pigeons and 2 crows picked rest of them landed in ditch behind us or in standing crop at other side..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

I was up at the range today testing out the new stock and rezeroing the scope. I had 40gr V-max, 55gr V-max and 55gr American Eagle FMJ to test out. Having never shot the 40gr V-max before so I was very interested to see how they preform. the 40 and 55gr were both the same at 100 yards with no change in POI but at 200 yards the 40gr really started to show and also seemed to buck the wind better which surprised me but as I had no flags the wind could have dropped slightly.

Being so impressed with the 40gr I decided to head out at half 8 to see if there was anything moving.

After heading out to an area which usually has something to have a shot at I set off. After walking for 500 yards a head pops up from the long grass no more than 20 yards from me. Of course I had the scope caps closed so was sure by the time I get them open and get the rifle to my shoulder the fox will have legged it but he stayed sitting and got a 40gr v-max to the head and went straight down.

Young dog fox.

IMG_02191_zps43e424fc.jpg

Delighted with myself I kept going travelling through bog land, grassy fields and heading towards a field that was cut a day or two ago I saw nothing but had planned to check the whole cut field as you can't see it all from one end and once I had that done I was going to get half way and go prone to start calling but while coming back up the filed I seen a fox making his way along the ditch moving away from me so I walked up 100 yards and set up on a raised patch of the field and waited for the fox to turn more broadside. Once he did I sent another 40gr and hit him in the shoulder and he went straight down. Paced it out to 190 yards and another nice dog fox.

IMG_02201_zpsc7876a2e.jpg

I'm delighted with how the rifle is preforming and after leaving the sling at home to really get an idea of how much the rifle actually weighs and I would be easily able to carry it for the day.

Nice shooting.

Having seen the gun on the range it's easy to see how it'd be an easy carry. It's also easy to see how good it is to hit. One hole, and i mean one hole at 200 yards with three shots. Impressive with the wind, ammo, and 8 power fixed scope (something i'd not be used to).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

For someone that's not used to a fixed 8x you did pretty damn well with it you sneaky git :eek::D

The 8x isn't great for target work/zeroing but I love it for hunting, just point and shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Been out twice this week after a very busy summer through a few rounds down range to check zero.Spot on apart from the illum not working from a dead battery.204 Blitzking 39 Grain.
    20140729_211421_zps60f3b80d.jpg

Both taken in prone position slight wind at 12 o clock direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

DMW22 wrote:
    IMG_02191_zps43e424fc.jpg

IMG_02201_zpsc7876a2e.jpg

Both fox`s look very similar! Might have come from the same litter, do ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Lovely rifles in the above pics

Eddie B wrote: »
    Both fox`s look very similar! Might have come from the same litter, do ya think?

Ye I believe they are anyway. According to google maps the distance as the crow flies between the 2 shots are ~430m

Hoping to get out over the weekend to see if I can find a few more

Decided to bring the .308 to a barley field that was cut a day or two ago to see if there were any foxes moving around. When I got close to the field it was full of crows so decided to take a shot. I got set up in the prone position and picked one out and squeezed the trigger and over it went. Paced it out to ~230 yards.
    Sat around for an hour afterwards to see if Charlie would turn up but he never did.

image_zpsdf3bd953.jpg

First of the season & sauer

20140908_200052_zps7962ff00.jpg
    Now off to hospital with a broken finger

Lotharmike wrote: »
    Now off to hospital with a broken finger

What happened?

just in 11 stitches small finger crossing over an old fence that gave out put my right hand down protecting my sauer of course straight into an old fence post.Another war wound.Out of action now for a week or so.Worth it though great evening and the pricket is chilling.Starting to love that Sauer some rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Jesus mate. That sux. Did you end up with tetanus or anything aswell.

Advertisement