Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

got these few today.great for the young dogs.i had to lift them all out of the car at the end of it.7 hours of walking nothing but walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Jesus I'd nearly pay to go out on land that you have to shoot. Seems plenty of game about on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Hard weekend of hunting, four of us were shooting Lough Neagh in the morning then walking my own ground later.
    We had seven ducks between us, I was lucky enough to get these four, Scaup, tufted and Pochard. Seen an amazing amount of snipe, around hundred fifty but only four made it to the bag. We got seven Pheasants and seen two woodcock but only one presented a difficult shot that was missed. My phone app said we covered ten miles of rough hilly and mountainous ground, my legs agree!

20141109_220209_zpsbboxp7iw.jpg

Jesus I'd nearly pay to go out on land that you have to shoot. Seems plenty of game about on it.
    plenty of game alright but lots of walking which i love.seen up on 30 id say

allan450 wrote: »
    plenty of game alright but lots of walking which i love.seen up on 30 id say

Seems a great place. Had land like that years ago myself an father shot. Had plenty of game an the pointer aswell. But gun club took the land and we were no longer welcome

• Advertisement

i feel for you man.got a few videos on the gopro when i upload them you will see the cover.it would take me around a week to walk all the woodcock spots around me.il prob leave it until the weekend before i shoot anymore.on a good weekend you could lift 100 plus woodcock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Got a call today from 2 lads and we headed out we picked up this Fallow Stag along with another one and a hind

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zlezlius

Stalking this morning. 160 meters, 150gr SST.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Got my first cock of the season Sunday Morning! Was my young dogs first! He got the bird up but I only winged him, glided for 30-40 meters before hitting the ground and straight into a ditch! The ditch was flooded which was his undoing, Harvey took in after him 100 mile an hour! Bird had gone under really heavy cover and with the amount of water in there I got a bit worried for a second but not a bother, straight in and under and out he came bird still kicking! To say I'm happy with his work is an understatement! :D:D

Happy Chappy after his retrieve!
    328759.jpg

328760.jpg

Not too pleased about posing for his last photo "just gimme food n let me rest"
    328761.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Well done to both of ye and may there be many more.

• Advertisement

Got out Sunday for a shot....I need to sort out my eyes on the woodcock, but had a great day met a lot of game and nabbed these unlucky customers.

IMAG0529_zps48iqqnwa.jpg

IMAG0528_zps4qnxbukr.jpg

gregers85 wrote: »
    Got my first cock of the season Sunday Morning! Was my young dogs first! He got the bird up but I only winged him, glided for 30-40 meters before hitting the ground and straight into a ditch! The ditch was flooded which was his undoing, Harvey took in after him 100 mile an hour! Bird had gone under really heavy cover and with the amount of water in there I got a bit worried for a second but not a bother, straight in and under and out he came bird still kicking! To say I'm happy with his work is an understatement! :D:D

Happy Chappy after his retrieve!
    328759.jpg

328760.jpg

Not too pleased about posing for his last photo "just gimme food n let me rest"
    328761.jpg

Well done mate. And well done to the dog for managing to retrieve him in that circumstance.
    Reminds me of my firt pheasant last year with my bitch jumping from a height into a stream to retrieve.
    Lost without her now.
    Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Was out today very busy seen lots of fallow and brought home these 3 for the freezer. The first a pricket at 40 yards off the shoulder. Yes that's his heart with a hole in it. Thanks to the bullseye 360 competitions my off the shoulder shooting is improving and I got 2 doe fawns at 260 yards 3 good drags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

Stag I got at the weekend and two nice animals myself and the cousin got 2 weeks ago.

IMG-20141115-01041_zps78570f49.jpg

b6f568c7-62d3-41dc-8a69-10e9c2eb0563_zps7394cc2b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Finally got one of the of the white boys. :)
    At a nice distance right to left - he got up ahead of the pointer in rush & folded with an Eley 7. Will do a video at some stage

11-23-2014_007_zps585629ad.jpg

11-23-2014_004_zpse9c8c9c5.jpg

11-23-2014_003_zps8d2eb5d5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Out today for afternoon stalk nice Pricket @ 124 Yards

20141125_152716_zpsd1a7318c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Nice result there. Those drag handles with the rope look handy, were they a home made job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Vegeta wrote: »
    Nice result there. Those drag handles with the rope look handy, were they a home made job?

Got them from Deerhunter1 on this site they are a god send,excellent on the hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Lotharmike wrote: »
    Got them from Deerhunter1 on this site they are a god send,excellent on the hands.

I have a set of em myself, picked em up at the Uk shooting show. Quick bit of advice though, put it around his neck and pull in that direction. A deers hair is angled backwards so pulling from the rear legs you are going against the grain so to speak. You would be amazed but it actually makes a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Lotharmike wrote: »

I know what Ill be drawing up and cutting out in work tomorrow.

Small and handy with a bit of paracord

• Advertisement

got these 2 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nowwerehurlin

First one is of last weekend and the second is this weekend. Few good days sport all in all. New box working out well too.

First right and left at woodcock. No witnesses, only the dog
    20141207_113910_zpsfuyajskj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Congrats Mallards. :)

Cheers EP. Dog looked impressed so I was happy enough! Having a glass or two of whiskey now to celebrate.

Got a few great photos Saturday taken from my video I posted earlier. Shooting was done over setter and pointer in the morning had a bite to eat and springers in the evening. Shot in 2 different gun clubs also. Would like to put a couple on canvas....dropping hints to herself.

Woodcock
    Woodcock_zps682c744d.png

1stCockPheasant_zpsf99bc298.png

On Point, Spot the second dog......:D:D
    BaileyandSocksonpoint_zpsb514db9b.png

Before
    2ndCockPheasant_zps2a83c25f.png

After
    2ndCockPheasantAfter_zps596e68a2.png

End of Day Bag
    received_997321786948769.jpeg_zps2d4mc9v9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hathcock

great pics,would look well on the sitting room wall in a nice frame.;)

Cheers lad, would look the business alright

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mixerbarcoe

Mixed bag from yesterday shooting with the brother

• Advertisement

got these few last weekend.

Advertisement