Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Good shooting there lad well done.

yelping terriers are the job when it comes to rabbits. i use them for some pheasant and woodcock work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Hunter456 wrote: »
    yelping terriers are the job when it comes to rabbits. i use them for some pheasant and woodcock work.

Seem to work there anyway haha

if i didn't have the dogs i wouldn't be coming out with that many good all round dogs though to be fair. but the place is invested with rabbits since iv got the permission iv taking at least a 100-150 rabbits out if it and they are still there in massive numbers we have taking them out with the .22 .223 and alot of cartridges.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    if i didn't have the dogs i wouldn't be coming out with that many good all round dogs though to be fair. but the place is invested with rabbits since iv got the permission iv taking at least a 100-150 rabbits out if it and they are still there in massive numbers we have taking them out with the .22 .223 and alot of cartridges.

Farmer must be delighted

with 20 rabbits and 2 dogs that wanted more he was, they flushed 2 magpies aswell so he was extra happy busting his bollix laughing he was. if you ever want to up-skill your dog bring them there lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Some vermin control yesterday spent half hour and today spent two
    Some nice doubles left and right
    Yesterday .2 missed
    image_zpsw5mb3pse.jpg
    This morning 4 missed
    image_zpsibpkziem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

pigeon shooting last saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

pigeon shooting last saturday

Well lads here are a couple of pictures of the few days I have got out, got out the 1st late in the evening flighting Geese but met nothing only this picture of Oddie that will make the wall in the sitting room.

IMAG1211_zps1frbolxf.jpg

Got out then Wednesday morning for a couple of hours in the morning and got a mallard each.

IMAG1220_zpspqmfzios.jpg

Got out for a quick hour walk down the river Thursday evening and met 2 mallard, first one presented no shot, then I said I'd chance a pond that normally has no water this time of year and low and behold it had water and I bagged this 1.

IMAG1228_zpssml3povr.jpg
    IMAG1225_zpsljdgisad.jpg

Then Friday walked the river and shoot 6 Mallard between 2 of us and picked 5, Oddie was hunting one for nearly 20mins he kept diving and we didn't get him.

received_1173108489370097_zpshfjotn81.jpeg

Then I left early this morning to go meet a friend and off to the river again and we bagged a Mallard each but I got a couple of nice phots from the go pro.

IMAG1236_zpsxae5tsjk.jpg
    Mallard1_zpstnkzxk4h.jpg
    Retrieve2_zpswh2px0hx.jpg
    Retrieve1_zpsvk35chnp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Love the first image in your post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Woodcock shot

Vegeta wrote: »
    Love the first image in your post

+1 on that, lovely shot of dog

Nice photo alright lads. Will have to be framed or Canvas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Picked up a Leica 1600 range finder a few weeks ago and have been working on confirming my drops out to 500 yards with the .223. Today I headed out and ranged a crow at 326 yards.

I stuck on 6.25 MOA and 1.75 MOA left for the wind.

Result was the furthest kill I have ever had :cool:

F4028DAD-F588-432A-8EF9-80120D58C73A_zpsvsgmmnxd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Those PSE stocks are the bizz

I just finished wiring his new workshop..

expect big things in the coming year!!

'hdz

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

75gr ?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Cass wrote: »
    75gr ?

Yup, 75gr TAP are working well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭hiddenmongoose

gold medal goat ,50gr 223 vmax ,neck shot.
    91hxc8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kieron854

Fantastic animal hope you're going to get that mounted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Went out this afternoon with the dog and got this pricket at 135 yards It took her a few minutes to find him but 4 or 5 other deer ran on the shot and she had to sort out the scent of them before she found him in the heavy covered rush field. She lifted 4 cock pheasants last week and today after the stalk I let her run the hill for exercise and she locked on and then lifted 2 grouse very very happy with this dog and she is still only 8 months old.

Thanks EPointer=Birdss cracker dog you bred

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Went out this afternoon with the dog and got this pricket at 135 yards It took her a few minutes to find him but 4 or 5 other deer ran on the shot and she had to sort out the scent of them before she found him in the heavy covered rush field. She lifted 4 cock pheasants last week and today after the stalk I let her run the hill for exercise and she locked on and then lifted 2 grouse very very happy with this dog and she is still only 8 months old.

Thanks EPointer=Birdss cracker dog you bred

Cheers GP. Litter seems to be doing well.
    My lad at 7 months. Pointing solid on pheasant now & learning to work with style.

CD8980AE-05C7-4EFE-9392-445DEEF8C3A4_zpsypqz0xk8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

Had a great morning stalking this mornin was watching 2 pickets out grazing about 130 yards then out popped this big fella 180 yards

ifudyd.jpg
    let this guy go today.lovely to see

2e6h2zd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭ligertigon

Early morning looking for rabbits, saw two, but about 100 yards so too far for my accuracy. settled for some cat food @ 45 yards. BSA S10 with 21gr bisley. Clean head shot :)

IMG_20151018_083654486.jpg

Unfortunately my pointer Sally was killed in a hit and run today

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Sorry to hear that GP. Always **** to lose a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 electrichunter

Sorry for your loss German pointer . I can't see why people won't stop . I had similar happen to me and found out a neighbour done it his young lad let it slip but they never told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Sorry for your loss German pointer . I can't see why people won't stop . I had similar happen to me and found out a neighbour done it his young lad let it slip but they never told me.

Better off that they don't stop! If there's any damage to car, owner of dog may be liable!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Jess that's awful , were you there when it happened or did she wander off or what?

• Advertisement

Stonehall9 wrote:
    Jess that's awful , were you there when it happened or did she wander off or what?

I thought she was still asleep on the chair. slipped out when wife opened the door

Advertisement