Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos thread -Hunting. MOD NOTE in post #1.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Got out again this morning, it was very windy and the shooting was hard, i'd have got more only I had to pick my shot's carefully.
    seafield2008season013uy3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Couple o bunnies

Nice gun and set up alan123 what make and calibre is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

CZ BRNO .22lr. Im not sure if I like the synthetic black stock or if I prefer wood, the jury is still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

hi all
    was out yestsrday (wednesday)and got two nice sika prickets
    i am as happy as a pig in s**t :D:D as they are my first deer this year and my first sika...

ian..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

DSC01331.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Nice lookn lad there dwighet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Nice lookn lad there dwighet
    Thanks..Got him out your way....
    Got this lad the week end before in Wicklow...

sika1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Was out today for a ramble with my daughter and the springer, daughter is abit of a stick in the mud;) as you will see when i upload afew pics.

Springer working very well , after a bit of an illness . she just loves to work..

See what i mean about a stick in the mud(set her up lovely) although shes coming out on the first:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 KRICO.22

Went out with this GSP yesterday. Im getting a lend of him for the season as his owner is in Australia. Hes hasent been in the field for 9 months . had him out on Friday for snipe, he showed no interest all he wanted to do was flute around and play so i was a little worried but i knew he just needed time to settle, Brought him out yesterday afternoon. He put up 15 pheasants :)mix of hens and Roosters, in about 40 mins. Fairly sure some of them were the same ones twice so it was prob more like 10. I got a great little video of him set on this bird but Boards doesnt like the format its off the phone so i will have to try and get it up here again. Couldnt believe how well he did Instinct is F***in great. Showes Promis of a good day come Saturday:D:D

another of the springer she is 6 and in great shape after a short illness, may breed her in january if she comes back in season.

maca

This is my first bird of the season, bitch is delighted , her first retreive in 9 long months.

Got the quota, club only allows 3 , plenty of birds about, dog wrecked.

Out again this morning , if anything the mallard are getting more plentyfull.
    x017sh7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Nice shooting Guys. What do you think of the red legs Marlin?

Mallards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

mallards wrote: »
    Nice shooting Guys.
    I will second that. ;)
    What do you think of the red legs?
    Plenty of them. Excellent eating.:D

2998809213_7bbd8bfe0a_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Well,

Finally got my first deer, a male Sika approx 2yrs old with one antler missing. Waited for about an hour in a hide about 20ft off the ground, then saw him from approx 120yds. Waited for him to come in closer, nabbed him at 50yds.

Outright kill, so happy with that. The cleaning was an experience, (only used to phesant & rabbit) however had an excellent tutor with me. Hanging at the moment for the buddy to start skinning & carving. Now, must start digging out the cookbooks....

(.308 150gr Fusion @ 50yds) He is actually a lot bigger than the image depicts.

Nice shooting Guys. What do you think of the red legs Marlin?

Mallards.
    Have to say they are great shooting, a good sporting bird, and to beat it all very nice to eat.Wish I had more.
    seafild2008season037ko6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cbeirne82

pic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

For years I've been trying to get permission to shoot 1500 acres of tillage behind my mothers house.

I happened to be in the right place at the right time the other week, and the farm manager asked me if I would do the vermin control for him, even offering to pay for the ammunition, which of course I refused, I was just happy to finally get the mecca!:D

So I got the keys to the kingdom last night and went out for a spin....... got a hape of rabbits and called this vixen in. First night out ever using the landrover, shooting off the bonnet is a Godsend!!

foxck8.jpg
    w600.png

A good morning yesterday, mixed bag, and the first woodcock for me this season.mixedbag003ub4.jpg

Cbeirne82 wrote: »
    Good going there Marlin Vs. There are plenty of woodcock around. Every day I have been out I have seen three or four and thats hunting with a GSP. I would say if your had a good springer working the hedges you would seen plenty of them.

Have to say Cbernie, the springer wouldn't be my favourite hunting dog, but each person to their own, was out again today and the woodcock are definatly in and I wish I could shoot better,seafield2008season001cr9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cbeirne82

DSC00823.jpg
    DSC00824.jpg
    DSC00825.jpg
    DSC00826.jpg

IMG_0099-1.jpg

IMG_0084-1.jpg

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

Was out with the dog the other evening for woodcock and seen these 2 in the distance on the way home...as you can see i was well spotted, the springer barking at them didnt help either!
    DSCN0009.JPG

Frosty start,,good finish..

Nice dog Mallard's, does he set.I was out again today and shot a cock with spur's 20 millimeters long.
    seafield2008season012ty1.jpg

He's a flashy pointer Marlin when he gets going. Thats a good mix of birds. What kind of ground are ypou shooting, all bog, mountain, rough pasture or woodland?

PIC_0116.jpg

Mallards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

myself and the aul fella had a great day yesterday with the springers, heres a few pics of the woodcock we got:D

14122008004.jpg

14122008002.jpg

ended up with 11 woodcock, 3 pigeons, 2 snipe, cock pheasant, mallard and 2foxes which made our day!!:D:D

Advertisement