Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splitting MP3's

Options
  • 11-01-2005 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

What software preferably freeware do you use to split MP3's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

What do you mean 'split'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

http://www.allformp3.com/mp3-splitter.htm

I use that but it's not free. $19.95 to activate the shareware license. Well worth it IMO.
    Can split tracks as large as 150mb (largest I've done anyway). I suppose the only limitation is your RAM/virtual mem.
    Nice UI and no loss of quality. One complaint I'd have is that they don't keep your registration on record, so if you reformat you have to re-register the product and pay for the privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Doctor J wrote:
    What do you mean 'split'?

Say you record a number of tracks in to one mp3 and you want to split them up into single tracks. Curious what else you thought I meant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

This one is free and works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

but you couldn't really use that to find a cut-off point for each track, hjsplit splits a file into equal sizes

you could use audacity to chop up the mp3 and export the different songs as wav/mp3/ogg, but you'll lose quality re-encoding to mp3/ogg

edit: actually mp3DirectCut is what you're looking for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Say you record a number of tracks in to one mp3 and you want to split them up into single tracks. Curious what else you thought I meant?

L R channel split, any sort of file editing SW function, there are many ways to split a sound file. Have a look for cool edit.

Doctor J wrote:
    L R channel split, any sort of file editing SW function, there are many ways to split a sound file. Have a look for cool edit.

L and R split. What would you do that for? What other SW function?

Is cooledit freeware?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, but it might have a free trial.
    I use goldwave, which isn't free either, but it's fairly easy to use.
    http://www.goldwave.com/ I think there is a demo version of it on the site.

It would have to be something that doesn't re encode the Mp3. I use CDWave for Wav's. Its an older freeware version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

parasite wrote:
    edit: actually mp3DirectCut is what you're looking for

Tried this for cutting the start and end off a file, works great, i'm gonna use it for a few full albums I have as mp3's good stuff Parasite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

It would have to be something that doesn't re encode the Mp3. I use CDWave for Wav's. Its an older freeware version.

the mp3directcut i linked to previously doesn't re-encode
    mehhh

Advertisement