Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reg Plate reflectors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh its a good idea but Gardai in Ireland will still f*ck you over for that,they dont care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

They offer discounts for buying in bulk if anyone is interested

this also looks interesting: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=421&item=6503736795&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Have you ever thought of actually obeying the speed limits ?

That way you don't get any fines.

Have you ever thought of stopping being such a smart-arse? That way people won't hate you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Would be good for that time u wrecklessly slip over to 33mph and get caught on camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

do the cameras the gaurds use actually flash. i know the few gatsos do, but most people arent caught with these.

Have you ever thought of stopping being such a smart-arse? That way people won't hate you so much.

Nice retort !!

Really though, this is just like people complaining about getting clamped - the reason they got clamped is because they shouldn't have been parked there and/or the didn't pay the parking fee.
    Same for speeding - the reason you get fines and/or points is because you are breaking the law.

You see the road death statistics for this country and you still speed.

To be honest I have no trouble with speeders if they'd only injure and kill themselves - I have a problem with the fact that they usually take out innocent people with them.

This is no use for the hairdriers as used by the cops, but it's the GATSOs that will issue you a ticket for a minor infringement. I don't want to be able to speed at will, I just want to avoid shelling out/losing penalty points for unbelievably minor 'crimes' like doing 33 in a 30 zone.

Here's a press release from the UK government, so it must work http://www.direct.gov.uk/Topics/Motoring/WhatsNew/PressReleases/PressReleaseDetails/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4019622&chk=gIWHby

Apparently there's enough for a number of plates in one can. Anyone want to go splits on one?

Same for speeding - the reason you get fines and/or points is because you are breaking the law.

Deadlock, if you are honestly saying that you would never go faster than 30mph in a 30mph zone (unlike 99.99% of other drivers) then you either

a) Don't have a car / don't drive
    OR
    b) Are a liar

Either way your input here is of no interest, so please butt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

magpie wrote:
    a) Don't have a car / don't drive
    OR
    b) Are a liar

OR
    c) always drive around the 20mph mark in a 30 zone :(

Either way your input here is of no interest, so please butt out
    Is this not a "Discussion" forum ?
    I'm putting forward my point of view on this issue - that's what happens in a discussion.
    Are you saying if I disagree with you, then I'm totally wrong and nobody else is interested ?
    Please explain to me why your opinion is more important than mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Magpie, you are on a written warning. If you dont moderate the "in your face" attitude expect a weeks ban.

Mike.

OK, jeez, attitude moderated.

If people could stay on topic rather than turning this into a 'speeding is bad' rant there would be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

i cant see that page - bloody surfpatrol - but i assume its one of them little reflective stickers that go on the license plate.
    do they even work?
    if they do id say a gurad would just pull them off if they saw them, although what are the chances, hehe.
    on the bike i just have the tax holder rotated to cover the last 2 digits of my plates.
    no trouble at all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Yep, same as this stuff http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ssPageName=WDVW

No use against radar, GATSO only.

Anyone know what happened to the www.speedtraps.ie.nu site? They used to list the locations of all the cameras, have the regs of gatso vans etc. I presume 'the man' shut 'em down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

You should have a look at www.speedtraps.co.uk They have a lot of reviews and links to reviews of this sort of kit. From what I remember they have debunked these reflectors as useless. By the way I would imagine they are also illegal. You cannot have any device which is designed to frustrate the use of speed monitoring equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

sprays no good as at night ur plate will stick out like a sore thumb due to it being very flashy when drivers shine their lights on it.

Advertisement