Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farscape:The Peacekeeper Wars on Sky One at 9pm Sunday [16th]

Options
  • 11-01-2005 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

Probably more suited for the Television forum, but I figured a few here would want to know and may not see it on the Tv forum.

Move at your discretion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sky isn't really pushing it much is it?

There was a blink and you'll miss it promo during a break on Battlestar Galactica last night...

I'll be out of the country... boo... My special friend the Sky+ box better come through for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<mills lane>I'll allow it! </mills lane>

Wooo neat, yeah seen it advertised alright, never been a big fan but i'll give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I completely missed the advertisement during Battlestar, but saw it early this morning.
    And I knew at least 2 people who read boards, who would probably be interested in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Looks class - just saw the clip (Nukem rubs his hands with *glee*)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

bah, I dont know why sky are showing it, they never done the TV serises when it was on. I think alot of skyone views are going to be lost watching it.

• Advertisement

There is a slighty longer version of the promo. It has John explaining how he got sucked down the wormhole...

The music used in it is awful... what made them use that...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

sutty wrote:
    bah, I dont know why sky are showing it, they never done the TV serises when it was on. I think alot of skyone views are going to be lost watching it.
    I'm definitely one that will be, anyway.
    I've only seen up to season 2 so far and I hear they
    died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm going to be waiting for the DVD release myself. I'll probably miss it even if I do set out to watch it on TV anyway, so it's better that way. That and the fact I've not seen Season 4 yet...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm going to be waiting for the DVD release myself. I'll probably miss it even if I do set out to watch it on TV anyway, so it's better that way. That and the fact I've not seen Season 4 yet...
    If you ain't seen S4, don't even contemplate watching this mini series. You'll spoil it rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

It will be interesting to see if this version is edited differently than the one we all saw a few months ago (via *cough* download) :)

I thought some of the scenes and editing were off in the version I've already seen, so I'm looking forward to this one for comparison.

c0y0te

• Advertisement

Wooo neat, yeah seen it advertised alright, never been a big fan but i'll give it a look

Ditto. Always thought the show a bit lame. But Sci-Fi wars tend to be good, at least for the space battles. Worth watching on Sunday night with a few beers.

Ditto. Always thought the show a bit lame. But Sci-Fi wars tend to be good, at least for the space battles. Worth watching on Sunday night with a few beers.
    You may be dissapointed then. The space battles aren't really the focus of the mini series. There are certainly alot of very big, cool looking spaceships, but the battles aren't really dwelled upon.

The main ship in the series doesn't have any offensive weapons so the characters generally have to avoid ship to ship conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

First impressions any1.

It was good, well better than I expected and I woz happy, they actually took up where the series left off, instead of like some other shows (*cough* Dawson's Creek.)

One thing that really spoiled it though was SKY1 & it's FREAKIN 5 min commercials, R they trying to antagonise us or what.

Great to see all the characters back, what was with Raelee's hair though, Rufio, Rufio, Rufio, LOL.
    Jewel was back, well 4 a while anyway, YAY.

Wish they would of had more scenes on Moya, but the Scarran warship is pretty cool and the Eidelons are a good new species. Nuts though, Lo-la, or Dargo's ship has been destroyed. That was a really great ship too.
    BTW who knocked up Grazer. It wasn't himself, was it.

Anywho, can't wait for part 2. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There are indications that Grayza's child might be Crichton's from when she raped him the previous time on Arnesk. She nearly blurts out something when she's fighting with him on "We're so screwed" too and everyone was pretty sure that she was going to say she was pregnant.
    One thing that really spoiled it though was SKY1 & it's FREAKIN 5 min commercials, R they trying to antagonise us or what.

In fairness, the commercials were nowhere near as frequent or as annoying as the Sci-Fi channel commericals. At least they didn't interrupt the flow of the story that much and they didn't have "next on Peacekeeper wars", "now on peacekeeper wars" every five minutes in annoying yank voice.

Roll on Part 2 next week, and spread the word to everyone who missed Part 1 to catch the repeats!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I haven't seen the entire series so was a little confused at time, but enjoyed it and looking foward to part two :)

Cheers Stark, know what you mean about the Sci-Fi channel, watching some Stargate eps there the other day, I got (via *cough* download) the commercials were just ridiculous. 5 mins in, commercial, 10 mins later commercial.

Did BBC2 lose the rights or just not bother about it, or will we have to wait til later in the year or maybe even next year to see the mini-series, commercial free.

C YA :cool:

BBC were outbid for the rights (though if they hadn't procrastinated on the purchase for months they'd surely have gotten it). There was a joint bid from Sky One and Channel 5 which won it, Channel 5 will be showing it next year.

The best bet for seeing it commercial free shall be the DVD which is out on February 14th. It's a little pricy (£17) but loaded with extras. Needless to say, I have it on preorder :)
    azezil wrote:
    I haven't seen the entire series so was a little confused at time, but enjoyed it and looking foward to part two

I think Part Two is less confusing than Part One as it follows way more from Part One than from the previous series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

There are indications that Grayza's child might be Crichton's from when she raped him the previous time on Arnesk

Yeah I was wondering about her pregnancy alright, I was racking my brains trying to think if she had sex with Crichton or not -- but then the recap did say 'rape' so I guess that was an unsubtle way of letting me know. ;)

I liked all the continuity -- Jewel was nice to see again, much more interesting that Sikozu (the hair!).

I won't see Part II until next Monday/Tuesday cos I'll be away on Sunday, talk about torture!! :(

TCamen wrote:
    I won't see Part II until next Monday/Tuesday cos I'll be away on Sunday, talk about torture!! :(

Indeed Tcamen, we can always count on SKY1 to repeat summit like 100 times.

BTW 2 questions if I may. I missed a few eps of of the main series so bear with me.
    1: Jothee, was Xchanged for Crichton, then John got free, Dargo & Chiana got together but Chiana had doubts so did it with Johtee to sabotage the relationship, so what happened after that. Did Dargo kick Johtee off Moya, or did he leave.

2: I missed the eps where Grayza was introduced so is she an alien or just another GM peacekeeper. LOL.

Cheers :)

BTW 2 questions if I may. I missed a few eps of of the main series so bear with me.
    1: Jothee, was Xchanged for Crichton, then John got free, Dargo & Chiana got together but Chiana had doubts so did it with Johtee to sabotage the relationship, so what happened after that. Did Dargo kick Johtee off Moya, or did he leave.

Jothee left.
    I missed the eps where Grayza was introduced so is she an alien or just another GM peacekeeper. LOL.

"It's another peacekeeper alteration to fix a hole in the plot John."

It was never mentioned what species Grayza was. Some people have speculated that she looks slightly Nebarish. Though she could easily be pure Sebecean, from what we've seen on the show, Sebeceans having appearance traits not found in humans have cropped up from time to time. "Peacekeeper Barbie" for instance :)

• Advertisement

Im currently working my way through all the seasons, Im on season one.

So the question is, should I watch the peacekeepers wars repeat on tonight?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

NO. It relies very much on having seen all of season four. DO NOT WATCH OTHERWISE.

I'd have to agree with ixoy. It wud be a bad idea to watch it now. It would most certainly ruin it for you, and hey there's alot of cool stuff to see in S2 + 3, so you won't be disappointed, e.g possible spoiler
    The Freakin awesome hybrid Talyn

Although if you have the capability, SKY+ it or if need be record it on your VCR to watch, when you get up to speed. :cool:

ixoy wrote:

NO. It relies very much on having seen all of season four. DO NOT WATCH OTHERWISE.

Unless you have one of those ratings boxes in which case you turn the channel to Sky One during that time, leave the room, then run back and turn it off again before a reality TV show comes on ;)

I think Ill give it a miss until Ive seen all the episodes. It looks absolutly amazing.

A friend of mine who saw a few episodes and dismissed it as "crap" saw the miniseries second part last night and was all "wow, 5 stars".

I would heavily recommend picking up the Season 1 boxset (I think it's cheap enough off amazon.co.uk) or try the Region 1 Starburst editions (cheap price, loads of extras). It starts off pretty ropey but ends brilliantly making it well worth the price overall. It's not as good as later seasons but way better than first seasons from the likes of Babylon 5 etc.

Well, I just finished watching The Peacekeeper Wars, and of course, Season 4.

I'm not too sure what to think, other than the idea that it really seems like they tried to squish a lot of plot in there that would've been better suited to a full season, but ah well... Seeing as it was cancelled after season 4, the miniseries was definetly the best we could've hoped for. Grayza's imminent sproglett being one notion of a greater plotline that would've flourished, especially considering the Scarran's were trying to get Crichton's knowledge through the fetus, so I nearly saw a more clever approach on Grayza's part there.

I don't know, it was awesome, but it definetly felt like it was just parts of a much bigger plot. And it is a bit of a pity there wasn't more ship-on-ship battle scenes, that opening with the Command Carriers ambushing the Scarran Dreadnoughts was deadly, felt like Star Trek II, and as far as space battles go, that's no bad thing.

Yeah it could definitely have done with more than 3 hours :(

The whole war thing could have been a lot more epic. I mean it was over in less than a day if you think about it. I'm sure it was meant to last a season which would have meant a war that was months long in duration and we would have really gotten to see its effects on everyone.

Apart from the massacre on the water planet, we never got to see many deaths. I didn't even notice the first time watching how many ships actually got swallowed up by Crichton's black hole weapon. (It looked like he stopped it just in time so noone would die, but in actual fact if you look at it again a LOT of ships were destroyed. Grayza's ship, Moya and the Scarran ship were quite far from the weapon).

I'd recommend getting the R2 peacekeeper wars boxset. It has 15 minutes worth of deleted scenes and a great documentary "The making of the wars" which really brings home how into the show everyone who worked on it was. I really wish the deleted scenes were included in the mini because they do fill in little bits of the plot. The mini feels quite bitty with them taken out.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that the guy who used to play Bekesh played a Luxan Commando? It was really annoying me for a while, as I knew the voice, but I just couldn't place him.

• Advertisement

They reused quite a few actors/actresses.

The Peacekeeper Chancellor guy was a Zenetan Pirate from "The Flax", "Liars, guns and money". The head priestess on the Eidelon planet played the same woman who assisted in Aeryn's torture in "Prayer"/"We're so screwed part 1".

Advertisement