Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel clicksilver?

• 11-01-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭

Have been emailing utv about canceling quicksilver BB for the last week but dont get any reply on how im ment to!
    can anybody point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

email sales@u.tv
    I did and got a reply a day later. They also didn't charge me for the outstanding minimum contract period (4 months left).
    One thing though, they did cancel my UTV Talk contract even though I specified that they shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

If you Email Admin@u.tv and also they do charge you for Breakin contract.I have to wait another 2 months.You must of been lucky

If you Email Admin@u.tv and also they do charge you for Breakin contract.I have to wait another 2 months.You must of been lucky
    That's what I thought. I'm not going to complain though!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

I'm thinking of cancelling Clicksilver too. My connection here in Arklow has been down for a couple of hours tonight and I had 23 days solid offline in November / December.

Is it worth changing to IOL or will they just blame everything on Eircom like UTV do when things go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I am def gettin rid of clicksilver cant wait. 1mb line :) and no cap....Breeze .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

clicksilver can be a little unreilable at times.
    thanks for the help.

From previous posts, IOL is generally more stable than Clicksilver and with better pings. I am one of the lucky ones who can get NTL, but to be honest I would have dropped Clicksilver anyway due to downtime/slowdown.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kin9pin wrote:
    From previous posts, IOL is generally more stable than Clicksilver and with better pings. I am one of the lucky ones who can get NTL, but to be honest I would have dropped Clicksilver anyway due to downtime/slowdown.

While I have probably been more critical of UTV than anyone over the short lifespan of Clicksilver it is only fair to acknowledge that the reliablility has improved over recent times (tempting providence!) as have the pings. On the other hand they seem to be having problems at the moment with customer support both on the phones and particularly on the email side of things but apparently they are trying to address these issues.

So you pays your money and you takes your chances..............

Hi dub45. Yep, I was referring to the problems I had before switching. Glad to see they've improved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement