Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB in Ireland?

• 11-01-2005 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone knew if DAB was available in Ireland. As far as I know it isn't but I just got a catalogue through today and there is a DAB unit in there (crazy price though) but I've wanted one of these for ages and it might be worth my while whizzing up North to get a cheap one. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

it;s not, and as far as I know, it's not planned to be in the forseable future either. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I thought it was too good to be true. I wonder if you are near the border if you can get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can around the border but you don't get as many stations in the North as you do if you're in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Thanks for that, I reckon I'm too far from the North anyway (sligo). Its Planet rock I'm after, never mind, maybe one day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

You can read about my extensive efforts here.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=125569

It is possible in Sligo.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement