Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gargoyle and Wham bars

Options
  • 11-01-2005 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Does anyone remember these googey candy bars? The wham bar was pink while the gargoyle was green with little bits of black crystals in it. They turned your tongue pink and green when you ate them. I lost a tooth while eating a wham bar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

You can still get the wham bars but the fizzly bits are diluted or something its not as zingy!
    I used to love roy of the rover bars too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i remember them highland toffee ones too. i put it in my mouth, and when i took it out one my back teeth was stuck in it.
    o yeah :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

A while back there were stinger bars as well. They came in tropical which was red and there was a another flavor that was green. Of course you can't forget the classics such as brusiers, refreshers and fruit salad bars. Always loved roy of the rover bars myself just for the sour pinnaple ness. There used to be blue wham bars with orange and black crystals were there not? Imo the pink ones are nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Yummy,

Dan bars, roy rovers, stingers, wham, mint crisp, refresher and them little penny sweets postman pats, black jack, fruit sald, refreshers, apple jack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I am MAN wrote:
    Yummy,

Dan bars, roy rovers, stingers, wham, mint crisp, refresher and them little penny sweets postman pats, black jack, fruit sald, refreshers, apple jack
    wow think you've just listed all my favourites :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

ah, mint crisps and macaroooooons :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I am MAN wrote:
    Yummy,

Ahhh memories - those were back in the days where you could get a mountain of sweets for 50p!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I totally forgot about macaroons. They were great and they used to be sooooooo cheap. Not anymore though. Love apple drops as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Love apple drops as well.

Jays they were lovely too - there's some new sweets out now that taste just like them - think they're called Aqua drops, nice enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 metalliville

I loved the Gargoyle candy bars! I have asked so many people and I thought I was the only one who did, so nice to find someone else! I have tried to find them for years and have contacted many old school candy companies and all the major labels asking if they could confirm they used to make them and if they were still available. Every response was a no, they had not made them and had not heard of them! It was my favorite candy as a kid and I would LOVE to taste it again! They were so sticky they pulled a filling out of my brother's mouth and we were not allowed to have them, so I had to buy them and hide them from Mom!! I love the black bits, wish I knew what it was!

• Advertisement
Advertisement