Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter - and Amendments

Options
  • 11-01-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

I have two suggestions:

1) A charter for the Feedback forum, just because there seems to be a lot of disrespect coming from users (and I use that as an all encompassing term).

2) A rule that says when charters in forums are amended that moderators put a sticky in alerting users to this, only for a week or so. (I suggest this, because I'm generally bad at looking at charters after I've seen them once, and have on more then one occassion almost started a thread that would probably have gotten me banned, if it wasn't for somebody else already having tried to start one on the same thing).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Cactus Col wrote:
    2) A rule that says when charters in forums that moderators put a sticky in alerting users to this, only for a week or so.

I read this line four times and it still makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I interpret that he means when the charter is edited or changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do you mean when a charter is modified?
    Charters are already stickied. Unless you mean changing the subject so it says something like "just modified" or "new info"
    Or d you mean something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I think he might be attempting to say, that a notice should be put up if there is a change to a charter?? i dont have a clue tho, he's like not composing himself!

Hmm, if that's what he means I do that anyway... I post a message saying "charter updated" and then relock the thread.

Same in the games forum at least. Dunno bout the rest of the forums I browse; I give them a gander occasionally if I think what I post might be disallowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CuLT wrote:
    Lol, myself too.

Charter in Feedback. Good idea I guess.

But....

Does this not suffice?

seamus wrote:
    does this not suffice?

Does the charter suffice as a charter?

Of course not!

Apparently someone didn't follow DeVore's explicit "read me" instructions to the letter :cool: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

CuLT wrote:

Sorry about that, my hands went mental there for a moment. It should of course have read: A rule that says when charters in forums are amended that moderators put a sticky in alerting users to this, only for a week or so.
    seamus wrote:
    Does this not suffice?

I don't think it does suffice, as it's too broad, it says what the forum is for, but doesn't actually give any rules for users posting here.

Just so if somebody were to call me a moron (or worse) without reason I could make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cactus Col wrote:
    Just so if somebody were to call me a moron (or worse) without reason I could make a complaint.
    It was always my interpretation that you're entitled to make a complaint in such a situation under the general rules of boards.ie. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't think you're incorrect, but I do think that putting it down in writing could lead to a lot of "He called me names" type threads, in similar vein to our beloved "WHY OH WHY DID YOU GIVE ME BAD REP!!!11eleven" threads of old...

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    It was always my interpretation that you're entitled to make a complaint in such a situation under the general rules of boards.ie. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Was just about to post the same thing; although now that I've had a quick look I actually can't find the general rules...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

CuLT wrote:
    Was just about to post the same thing; although now that I've had a quick look I actually can't find the general rules...

Neither could I, but it would be no harm to reiterate some rules in charters ( I reckon the after hours charter is a good example of a decent charter)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

A big problem is that a lot of threads would be better suited to Help where only an admin can reply...perhaps if a few selected mods or whatever were added to Help then reply time would be quicker.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Cactus Col wrote:

<---- that's what the little triangle is for under each users name
    and you can use it any time if you think the comment out of order

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Disagree because we basically mod how we want and I personally use different rules for different situations based upon how much actual information content results from inappropriate behaviour and how much tolerance (which often means time) I have to deal with certain things. Also, a lot of the time the disrespect, as you put it, is aimed at the administrators and it would seem heavy-handed to appear to be discouraging criticism.

Of course, we are heavy-handed when it suits us and muppetry usually results in a ban after a while.

Other mods for the help forum wouldn't make sense. If it doesn't require an admin to do it/respond to it, then it's on the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Simple soloution to the charter update notice thing.

mods are able to edit the title of threads in their forum, therefore when ever a charter is changed or edited, simply insert the word (updated on (insert date)

Advertisement