Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-Gage QD Themes

Options
  • 11-01-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Got an N-Gage QD there and the Icons etc are a bit bland, can the themes for the likes of the 6600 and other series 60 phones be used as they are simple *.*sis files.

Unlike the 6600 which has an icon for themes can such an application be installed on this.

I like it overall bar the lack of camera which I can live without much better and easier to handle than the original, shame about the lack of radio but still is a sturderier little phone.

Also has anyone had issues with GPRS as I have put the O2 MMS / GPRS setting on it but get a browser app error is there anyway to reset the phone and clear any error log.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

The N-Gage QD does not support themes at all. There is always the chance that someone might develop any application that makes this possible in the future but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In relation to your MMS / GPRS issues - trying calling O2 and see what they say. Another solution, more of a last resort really, is to "soft reset" or "hard reset" your phone. The problem is that this method essentially formats or wipes your phone so you'll need to back everything up first.

Anyway, get onto O2 about your MMS / GPRS problems and make sure you have all the right settings first.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

yeah found out that the QD is a Series 60 SYmbian 6.0 or 6.1 V1 so hence the lack of support only Version 7.0 V2 can do these but with the help of third party s/w you can get a close theme app.

Apparently the QD and O2 IRL and UK don't get on mmmmmmmm...

How will I do a hard reset without flashing it any idea ??

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

If you bought a phone from a UK network and it's unlocked you shouldn't really have any problems. I assume the N-Gage DQ you have doesn't have any custom UK network software on it? (ie. sometimes Vodafone UK or Orange put extra stuff on the phone which cause a problem).

In relation to resetting / formatting your phone...

Normal reset *#7780# - 3rd party apps remain
    Deep Reset *#7370# - removes everything

NOTE: remember to back everything up first :)

- Neil

Advertisement