Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominees For The 2005 Meteor Ireland Music Awards

Options
  • 11-01-2005 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

NOMINEES FOR THE 2005 METEOR IRELAND MUSIC AWARDS

The show will be held on February 24 and hosted by Ed Byrne. You will be able to vote via www.meteor.ie or by text.

Best Irish DJ : PUBLIC VOTE
    Alison Curtis
    Ray D'Arcy
    Ian Dempsey
    Tom Dunne
    Dave Fanning
    Jenny Huston
    Ryan Tubridy

Best Irish Band : PUBLIC VOTE
    Bell X1
    Blink
    Future Kings Of Spain
    Snow Patrol
    The Frames
    The Thrills

Best Irish Male : PUBLIC VOTE
    Paddy Casey
    David Kitt
    Brian McFadden
    Mundy
    Declan O'Rourke
    Damien Rice

Best Irish Female: PUBLIC VOTE
    Cathy Davey
    Bronagh Gallagher
    Sinead O’Connor
    Ann Scott
    Eleanor Shanley
    Juliet Turner

Best Irish Pop Act: PUBLIC VOTE
    Carol Anthony
    D. Side
    Ronan Keating
    Brian McFadden
    Carol Anthony
    The Corrs
    Westlife

Best Irish Album
    “Burn The Maps” Frames
    ”Deep Inside The Sound Of Sadness” Blink
    “Final Straw” Snow Patrol
    ‘Let’s Bottle Bohemia’ The Thrills
    “Raining Down Arrows” Mundy
    “Since Kyabram” Declan O'Rourke

Best International Male
    Eminem
    George Michael
    Morrissey
    Usher
    Kayne West
    Robbie Williams

Best International Female
    Anastacia
    Natasha Bedingfield
    PJ Harvey
    Kylie Minogue
    Bic Runga
    Joss Stone

Best Folk/Trad
    Kila
    Mary McPartlan
    George Murphy
    Declan O'Rourke
    Planxty
    Pauline Scanlon

Best International Album
    "Aha Shake Heartbreak" Kings Of Leon
    "American Idiot" Green Day
    "Franz Ferdinand"
    "Hopes and Fears" Keane
    "Hot Fuss" Killers
    "Scissor Sisters"

Best Live Performance Visiting Act
    Franz Ferdinand
    Killers
    Madonna
    Metallica
    Pixies
    Red Hot Chili Peppers

Best International Group
    Franz Ferdinand
    Keane
    Killers
    Outkast
    REM
    Scissor Sisters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'd love to see Declan O'Rourke do well, his album is fantastic and he deserves some recognition.

G'Wan Ray D'Arcy for best DJ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Dave Fanning coz he's so fokin' 'cool' man.......my Bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

nah, dave fanning's alright. I like his (newish) show on the drivetime slot on 2fm.

But, as for voting on best DJ, that would be a tie between my two favourite ex-phantom DJs. I know this is a "popular" music awards ceremony, but its a damn shame that for best DJ you ultimately have a choice between Today FM (3 djs) and 2FM (4 djs). Even though I don't listen to Spin (for example), surely one of their DJs should have been nominated to at least balance out the diversity of radio listenership in this country. Fanning and Dunne get nominated every year, I'm sure they wouldn't care less if they weren't nominated. Maybe its because 2fm and today fm are the only national stations, that's probably why, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

where can you vote on www.meteor.ie ? or am I just being daft and can't see the link anywhere!! :confused:

Probably the latter, too lazy to check.

• Advertisement

dead air wrote:
    Even though I don't listen to Spin (for example), surely one of their DJs should have been nominated to at least balance out the diversity of radio listenership in this country.
    Unfortunately there's no particularly good DJ on Spin. Cliona O'Leary's voice is headwreckin'! I'd listen to them the odd time when going to or from college, but only coz there's very little yapping going on at those times.

I think people like Fanning and Dunne appeal to a wider audience than a DJ on Spin would, given that Dave Fanning discusses current music and music from older artists like the Beatles and what not, plus he does movie features etc. Not too familiar with Tom Dunne as I'm usually at training when his show is on.

There isn't really much choice when it comes to the nominees for the individual artist awards, male or female.

I can't believe they have Madonna nominated for best live act! 'Tis a bit of a joke really.

And I wasn't joking about Ray D'Arcy either.

Mr De Arcy is cool although the music is crap, but thats the mainstream for ya. What about Ray McGowan? he was just so dreamy.....
    I'm voting Madonna in for widest gap, both vaginal and dental. Like a Virgin my ass!

scarfacemj wrote:
    Like a Virgin my ass!
    *snigger*

Is that a pun?

Ah very good! I'll never tell......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Who the hell is Kayne West or am I just getting old?

• Advertisement

He's a "rapper" does a lot of collaborations. "Jesus Walks" is one of his songs doing the rounds at the moment.

I wouldn't be a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

http://www.meteor.ie/meteor_ireland_music_awards.html here ya go you lazy ppl vote away... i hope the killers sweep the internationa awards board

Mr West is a rapper, nuff said. And don't vote, I thought we were supposed to be the underground voice or is it the underground voice sponsored by McDonalds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stereo_carol

I think Joe and Keith on Spin in the morning are brilliant!! Tehy just crack me up! They're way better than the strawberry alarm clock. Anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Richard III

It has to be Bell X1. Commiserations to the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Gonzorex

I hope Brian 'nine pigs for breakfast/fat-f*ck waiting to happen/adulterer extraordinaire/Guy Chamber's Karaoke machine technician' wins. I like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Richard III

None of those albums are any good!.....what's going on?

Thats modern day music for ya man, if only William Melvin Hicks were alive today.....take this fu*king thread down, music awards? PR me thinks.....wonder will the usual Z list be there....

Advertisement