Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Eircom NOT real free trial post

• 11-01-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Eircom are cute. went online the 17th Dec with 2 month free trial.

Bill came today. Taking into accounts charges/credits on the bill they still end up charging me for one month. Basically they charge me 2 months rental from 1st Jan to end Feb, and give me partial credit from 3rd dec to end dec, and free rental for Jan. So i end up paying a full months rental in feb and only way to get refund it to send modem back before the trial period ends and then await credit in you bill. How is this a free trial ? Seems like false advertising. But I sort of expected it from looking at their web site faq. However I explained I wasnt connected till the 17th so really my partial credit should have started then and not the 3rd. Also they charged me the 50 euro for the Netopia wireless modem. Now at the time I signed up there was a charge but it took 4 weeks to come, during which it changed to a free offer. They promised me a credit. But nothing in writing of course. So might as well be banging your head against a brick wall. But I wonder should I cancel now and go to Esat ? Can you get a 3 month free trial from them even if you have been with another provider before ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ehm... you could just not pay the full bill

not sure if you can get other free trials after being on eircom. it works the opposite way around though (went from esat to eircom)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

my bill is due soon. ill expect the same crap. i was looking at Bts offere since they extended their trial. but on the website it says there is a charge of 190 euro for technician install, and get this, 90 euro for self install. Am i missing something maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Don't they disconnect you and then you have to pay to be reconnected ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

How do they justify charging 90 euro for a self install if you are the one doing the work.....does it cover the cost of the bloody instructions or something !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

ive checked it out again. it says the charge will only be incurred after the free 3 month trial. so it seems if you decide to keep it you must pay the self installation fee. But if you dont keep it and thus dont have to pay you still had to self install the thing at the start. Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Flaccus wrote:
    How do they justify charging 90 euro for a self install if you are the one doing the work.....does it cover the cost of the bloody instructions or something !!!
    The cost of the equipment at the exchange (or your share of it). The cost of the technician who has to physically enable your line. Oh, and the cost of being an eircom customer (whether directly, or indirectly!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They charge €100 extra for a "technician install". What poor souls actually pay for that? Seriously, it's retardedly easy - if you're able to connect a phone, and use your PC/the internet in general, it's simple!

Also, Esat customers get free installation for IOL, if I recall correctly.

Also, Esat customers get free installation for IOL, if I recall correctly.
    €90 for iol broadband, €80 for iol broadband+
    think its more or less the same for UTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I know, that was already mentioned previously! I was just saying, that customers of Esat's phone service get free installation for IOL, allegedly.

ah. my mistake.
    i seem to recall hearing that alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Installation is free for Esat home phone customers at least it was for me.

Now if I could only get them to cancel and refund me for several months of IOL no limit's.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They have a habit and have earned a reputation of trying to apply hidden charges and getting people to pay more by creating shady conditions. ALWAYS READ YOUR BILL CLOSELY!

Advertisement