Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what the hell is happening?

Options
  • 11-01-2005 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

first mikado gets shut down.then akari logs into the chatroom(all that we had left) and manages to get that shut down.there'll probably be an influx of disgruntled mikado-ites in a few minutes.be careful akari may come here and you'll lose this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

nah, boards.ie know the law a little better.

I shut down the chat room at Asmo's Request.
    I had to boot everyone out to do it. Fair play to Flor who got booted about 15 times before i could eventually lock out the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

what the hell is mikado and akari???"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Slydice wrote:
    nah, boards.ie know the law a little better.

I shut down the chat room at Asmo's Request.
    I had to boot everyone out to do it. Fair play to Flor who got booted about 15 times before i could eventually lock out the room.
    it was you!?!?!?how could you?bring it back,now ,before i cry!

what the hell is mikado and akari???"
    poor child.so much to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

goddammit, smiler! Bring back mikado!!

Even the chatroom would suffice!!!

• Advertisement

yes yes then teach me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

they shut down a biscuit?

quarryman wrote:
    they shut down a biscuit?

this is what i thought

Mikado is the forum for the online discussion community at NUIM.

yes yes then teach me!!
    i would but the ****ing thing is shut down.its a forum and its great and its bout the only thing i like bout maynooth at the minute,specially during exams.

• Advertisement

awww

maynooth really does sux lived there for a while so yawn boring

awww

maynooth really does sux lived there for a while so yawn boring
    thinking of transferring to galway.

galway is cool you got the lans up there too

yah galway is "gool" so much more to offer than maynooth, like clubs!entertainment!jobs!people!casual sex!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

yah galway is "gool" so much more to offer than maynooth, like clubs!entertainment!jobs!people!casual sex!!

were you having problems getting laid in a place with 75% women? My my, you must be a minger. Don't expect things to improve in Galway.

Gael wrote:
    were you having problems getting laid in a place with 75% women? My my, you must be a minger. Don't expect things to improve in Galway.
    its only 60%-we were told in our fresher's talk.and i'm a social recluse so yes i was.and i probably am a minger too. a big culchie minger. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Thunderstruck

Well, in all fairness most people commute to Maynooth so from what I've seen it's a dead town unless there's a half decent band in the S.U. I went out on a few Wednesday and Thursday nights and I'd say there were probably more people over in the church than in the bar..... Galway on the other hand is rocking every night of the week in every single bar/club.
    Damn, I wish I was in Galway now. :(

couldn't argue with that.apparently 60%of the students commute,although i'm not sure maynooth would be that much better if they were here.just be more peple to queue to get into the glenroyal for free.when the best a town has to offer by way of night life is a hotel/"night club" then you've got a probem

Update here

come on i think the glen royal is your best bet for a night out and my god please dont. i was dragged there and i think bar the two girls with me there may have been 3 more. as for men???? that town has none(no offence)

• Advertisement

when you here people taking bout it in the past tense-"twas a great party town", "used to be great craic" "people were always so friendly" you just know that its gone downhill massively.everyone has a clique and if you don't then your screwed.only people that seem to like it here are here for long term.at least that's what i see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

boll0x. if you didn't have fun here, you didn't try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Demotruk

everyone has a clique and if you don't then your screwed.
    That's so true, glad I have one!

But I completely disagree on Maynooth being dead, I think Maynooths got lots to offer. Although I don't drink, I'm talking about for gamers really.

Demotruk wrote:
    Although I don't drink, I'm talking about for gamers really.
    that's a niche market at best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

its only 60%-we were told in our fresher's talk.and i'm a social recluse so yes i was.and i probably am a minger too. a big culchie minger. *sigh*

hey don't you be bringing country origins into this! I'm gorgeous and I'm from the country. So boo to that!

Gael wrote:
    hey don't you be bringing country origins into this! I'm gorgeous and I'm from the country. So boo to that!
    i'm sorry i didn't think you expected me to respond to being called a minger in a positive way

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Mikado will be back up later on Today. The admins are currently clueing the Moderators into what is after happening.

it's back, baby

YEAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Does anyone actually know what the ratio is? Always hearing different ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement