Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS Feeds

Options
  • 11-01-2005 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Loving my FireFox Live Bookmarks at the minute :D

How about updating the boards.ie RSS a bit? Include the forum name, for instance. And also have it linked from the main page? It's hard enough to find the feed when you can't search for 'RSS' (too few characters - had to use Google in the end).

And maybe you could set a particular forum for it to load? (a 'subbed' feed would be great).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think cloud was working on this today, he updated the RSS feed which produces external.php

I dunno if it did what you want it to do now but what you are looking for is high on my to-get-done list (as opposed to a to-do list which would imply I *do* stuff).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

DeVore wrote:
    I think cloud was working on this today, he updated the RSS feed which produces external.php

I dunno if it did what you want it to do now but what you are looking for is high on my to-get-done list (as opposed to a to-do list which would imply I *do* stuff).

DeV.
    Was this done? I've just set up a nice "side bar" on my desktop and it feeding breaking news, tutorials, and now posts from boards. It would be nice to limit what categories I'm being updated on, e.g. I don't need/want to know about Emily Dickinson! :)

Desktop Sidebar I got from http://www.desktopsidebar.com/ - it's free and quite cool! ;)

Cheeurs,

Dave

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I thought cloud announced it somewhere... I believe it was done yes.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Hi, I am just after switching to Firefox, from Maxthon, and am really impressed with the 'Live Bookmark' feature to subscribe to RSS feeds, I've seen a few posts that say that there is/was RSS feeds for boards.ie but when i look @ the external.php link, it is broken.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Advertisement
Advertisement