Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Garden ornaments

• 11-01-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hello All, I wish to receive an information people may have on the following,

I have recently started to make some concrete garden ornments and wish to get some feed back on how they might sell. I have taught of getting a stall at a market initially. Does anybody do this and is this kind of product in demand.

Also I wonder is there anybody out there that may work in the garden centre industry. Do you know where this kind of prouct is sourced, is it locally or is it imported. I imagine import costs for concrete ornaments would be expensive.
    The idea of selling bulk orders appeals.

If anybody has any information/tips/comments about getting into this industry I would be very grateful.

Regards,
    delanest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Very few of the concrete ornaments sold in Ireland are actually made here, with the exception of the 'cottage garden' type industries whereby people make a handful for sale at the Artisan type markets.

The majority are produced in China & shipped in - the very low cost of production offsets the import costs, which incidentally are usually charged by the container load rather than weight, so generally it doesn't matter whether you're importing a container of pillows or concrete frogs - so long as you are within a weight range - same cost.

Do a web search or contact one of the main exporters such as http://www.orientalexport.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi delanest,

I have seen garden ornaments for sale on the side of the road outside the houses where they were made in garages and sheds.

It might be a starting point for you as each sale is a cash sale no waiting 60 days for your money or worse sale or return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Raveger

I sell concrete ornaments in markets not a high demand but it's worth a try. Just stay away from my markets :)

Advertisement