Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Garden ornaments

Options
  • 11-01-2005 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hello All, I wish to receive an information people may have on the following,

I have recently started to make some concrete garden ornments and wish to get some feed back on how they might sell. I have taught of getting a stall at a market initially. Does anybody do this and is this kind of product in demand.

Also I wonder is there anybody out there that may work in the garden centre industry. Do you know where this kind of prouct is sourced, is it locally or is it imported. I imagine import costs for concrete ornaments would be expensive.

If anybody has any information/tips/comments about getting into this industry I would be very grateful.

Regards,
    delanest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

Hiya,
    we have loads of them ourselves, a guy we knew used to have loads of the mould things so we made some years ago. I know loads of people are big into garden ornaments though. Are you making them yourself from moulds? Are you gonna paint them? I reckon if you went to a market you'd probably sell loads (thats my opinion anyway :) ) Get a move on though to take advantage of springtime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

Yea, using moulds, I suppose there would be a better mark-up, if painted.

By the way, do you have any of the moulds, that you may wish to sell ?

Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

No, havent got any im afraid. It was a guy my uncle worked with or something that had them. They'd make them up using the bosses cement on some construction site, and sell them on, cheeky buggers! :)
    We got them straight from the mould, not painted. There's not much to painting them really so it wouldnt take you long, and as you say you'd be able to charge way more. Best of luck with it!
    Plus, you'll save money on wedding presents etc from now on, and house warming presents!
    Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭delanest

Thanks for the advice

Advertisement