Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS questions.

Options
  • 11-01-2005 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

ok either today or tomorrow(whenever my lazy ass mother gets in her car and goes to collect my ds off her friend) ill be gettin my ds. it's one from the states. ok basically im wonderin about the whole charging situation and what is best? is it just the battery that will need the U.S voltage? does it use the same gba battery? if yes can i just use my gba battery and charger? or would you recomend a step down convertor or is there another way? what is the best?

cheerz
    Delbert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The GBA SP charger works, I hear. You can guy that in Game, it's a tenner or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I know the DS will be more innovative and probably be more fun to play than the psp, which is basically just a small ps2, but i have to say sony have done it again, the psp looks so damn sexy i just want one, moreso than the decidedly plasticy looking DS...DAMN YOU SONY FOR MAKING ME WANT YOU! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

koneko wrote:
    You can guy that in Game

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

koneko wrote:
    The GBA SP charger works, I hear. You can guy that in Game, it's a tenner or so.

but what about the different voltages or whatever?

and yes deadwing i agree within the last few days i have really wanted a ds, especially since seeing it with my own eyes and touching it.

Heh.
    Ah dammit! Lazy coffee-deprived brain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

evad_lhorg wrote:
    but what about the different voltages or whatever?

That does'nt matter. I use the gba charger and it works fine.

excellent. thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Deadwing wrote:
    I know the DS will be more innovative and probably be more fun to play than the psp, which is basically just a small ps2, but i have to say sony have done it again, the psp looks so damn sexy i just want one, moreso than the decidedly plasticy looking DS...DAMN YOU SONY FOR MAKING ME WANT YOU! :D

i have a ds now i have to say its additive metroid demo its brilliant the way you aim its brilliant i was fed up of the controllers these days but the way Nintendo use touch sensetive screen its brilliant

fair play Nintendo

and soon enough ill be getting the psp it looks very sexy indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭mar|<

does anyone know if there are any import shops in dublin?...... heard of a few in england... can get ds there up front without waiting, like buying in a normal shop

Mr Calculator in town apparantly has both the DS and the PSP.

• Advertisement

mar|< wrote:
    does anyone know if there are any import shops in dublin?...... heard of a few in england... can get ds there up front without waiting, like buying in a normal shop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=216236

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Deadwing wrote:

Im still amazed how threads about either one or the other are all turning in to PSP v DS. All he asked was how to charge it ;)

RE The voltage issue:

The charging unit that comes with it converts 110V to 5v where as the local GBA SP chargers turn 220V to 5v. So there is no issue as long as you use a local GBA SP charger. As somebody said they are €10 in GAME. Alos Play.com and other do USB charging cables and car chagers.

This is about the 10th time the charging issue has come up the Mods should really sticky a post/thread about DS import iussues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭mar|<

cheers evad and koneko... ill have a look

Advertisement