Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI International Soccer Awards

• 11-01-2005 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

The Football Association of Ireland today announced the nominees for the 15th eircom/ FAI International Soccer Awards which will be held on Sunday 6th February 2005 at the Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co Dublin. The event will be televised live by RTE.

Also, awards for International Personality, Special Merit and Hall of Fame will be announced on the night. Recent winners in these categories were Michel Platini, Des Casey and Liam Tuohy.
    http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=249190&Title=15th+eircom/FAI+International+Soccer+Awards+nominations&lid=Main+News&sub=15th+eircom/FAI+International+Soccer+Awards+nominations&navlid=&sublid=

Some of the 15 catagories...

Senior Player of the year Nominees:
    Robbie Keane
    Shay Given
    Kevin Kilbane

Young player of the year Nominees:
    Liam Miller :confused:
    John O'Shea :confused:
    Andy Reid

Under 21 player of the year Nominees:
    Stephen Elliott
    Glenn Whelan
    John Fitzgerald

Eircom league player of the year:
    Jason Byrne (Shelbourne)
    Owen Heary (Shelbourne)
    Sean Dillon (Longford)

International goal of the year:
    Graham Barrett versus Jamacia
    Robbie Keane versus Holland
    Andy Reid versus Cyprus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

1.Kevin 'The Killer' Kilbane

2.Andy Reid

3.Stephen Elliot

4.Owen Heary

5.Robbie Keane versus Holland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think anyone would choose anyone else for the first 4 but I'd go with Reid for the goal of the year.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I don't think anyone would choose anyone else for the first 4 but I'd go with Reid for the goal of the year.

It was a great goal , but for me he was given so much time you'd expect him to at least hit one of the corners of the goal .

Also the sheer delight that Keane goal brought me was a major decision for me picking it .

Big Ears wrote:
    It was a great goal , but for me he was given so much time you'd expect him to at least hit one of the corners of the goal .
    Would you believe the time both players had is the reason I chose Reid's. Just looking at the goals now. Reid got the ball, turned and shot and a Cyprus player was inches away from catching him. All in under 2 seconds. :) Keane had all the time in the world and the closest player was about 2-3 metres away, with a lot more of the goal to choose from.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Would you believe the time both players had is the reason I chose Reid's. Just looking at the goals now. Reid got the ball, turned and shot and a Cyprus player was inches away from catching him. All in under 2 seconds. :) Keane had all the time in the world and the closest player was about 2-3 metres away, with a lot more of the goal to choose from.

Well then the reason is probably I saw Reid's goal more and I over ananalyse on goals once ive seen them a few times .Still Keane's goal got me to jump from my seat higher and have a much louder UUUUUUUUUUuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :eek: of amazement .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

1. Shay Given

2. Andy Reid

3. Stephen Elliott

4. Owen Heary

5. Andy Reid

I have to say, Jason Byrne is very close behind Owen Heary in my estimation in the eL category, for the sheer amount of goals he scored in the eL this year. Heary takes the award because he was consistent throughout the whole season, including Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

eirebhoy wrote:
    Eircom league player of the year:
    Jason Byrne (Shelbourne)
    Owen Heary (Shelbourne)
    Sean Dillon (Longford)

:rolleyes: No City players. Kevin Doyle scoring at international u21 level, and the most consistent player in the eL all season, alongside Heary.

Fair play to Sean Dillon, he had a great season by all accounts, but Player of the Year?

The 3 should read IMO
    1. Kevin Doyle
    2. Owen Heary
    3. Kevin Hunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

1. Kevin Kilbane
    2. Andy Reid
    3. Stephen Elliott
    4. Owen Heary
    5. Robbie Keane versus Holland

gimmick wrote:
    :rolleyes: No City players. Kevin Doyle scoring at international u21 level, and the most consistent player in the eL all season, alongside Heary.

Fair play to Sean Dillon, he had a great season by all accounts, but Player of the Year?

The 3 should read IMO
    1. Kevin Doyle
    2. Owen Heary
    3. Kevin Hunt
    Doyle should certainly be up for the U-21 instead of Fitzgerald. BTW, more categories announced...

Under-19:
    Willo Flood – Manchester City FC
    Henry McStay – Leeds United FC
    Mark Yeates – Tottenham Hotspur FC

Under-17:
    Darron Gibson – Manchester United FC
    John Paul Kelly – Unattached at present/Liverpool FC
    Darren Randolph – Charlton Athletic FC

Under-16:
    Robert Bayly – Leeds United AFC
    Eddie Nolan – Blackburn Rovers FC
    Keith Treacy – Blackburn Rovers FC