Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McLusky Split

Options
  • 11-01-2005 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

McLusky one of my favouite bands in the world have just split
    From www.mclusky.net

The three piece rock band known as mclusky have disbanded, as of friday january 7th, 2005.

The reason for this parting is private, though probably not as entertaining as you'd imagine.

Personally, I would like to thank all the people, places and times that occured on or near us.

I`m grateful for the love and to to a lesser degree, the hate. There'll be more music soon, from all of us.

Regards.

falco

Im quite angry and sad that one of the best bands of recent years is no more
    The released 3 albums with titles only the Flaming Lips could match for weirdness

their debut was released in 00 and called "My pain and sadness is more sad and painful than yours" an extremly promising if messy debut
    followed it up with the steve albini produced masterpeice "McLusky do dallas" in 2002 which was probably my favourite album of that year
    Last may they released their 3rd album also produced my steve albini called "The difference betweeen me and you is im not on fire" another great album and while not quite as good as do dallas it was still one of the albums of the year.

One of the most anying things about the split id I never got to see them play because of thier reluctance for some unknown reason to play an Irish date

They seemlessly mixed Punk and Indie into the sound of a kind of welsh
    pixies

I dont know what else to say im really anoyed with the world for not giving this band more recognision

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Maybe this is why they split up no one seems to care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'll miss 'em...

"My band is better than your band, we do more drugs than a touring funk band.. SING IT!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Mneh. Suppose they were rockin', but they seemed to sound too much like other bands they liked.

Advertisement