Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this work?

• 11-01-2005 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

With deals now available to get free evening calls between UTV phone users, or free minutes with other telco's.

Would it be possible for someone to dial up my home phone number with their computer, and for my computer to answer the call and for them to be able to share my broadband internet connection. So it would be like a free off peak dialup service for one person. I really only have the phone for broadband so if someone was dialled in all night it wouldn't bother me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Can't see why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

it's possible but still the dialer able to make use of your broadband at max speed of dial up limit ie 56K... maybe I am wrong...

Advertisement