Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is so great about Orton?

• 11-01-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

OK I've just watched a tape of Monday's Raw and I just can't figure out why everyone is crazy about Orton.The guy is sheer crap.
    What are the moves he possesses?A dropkick,an inverted neckbreaker and a finisher that he stole from DDP.
    His performances are always punch,punch,uppercut,and occasionally,occasionally,an actual wrestling move!The man is overrated.

Aside from his entrance music which is good,there is nothing to recommend about Orton.He sucks as a face.He has completely abandoned the manner he had when he was a heel.It won't be long before the fans turn on him as he no longer possesses the charisma he had when he was a heel.

It's such a shame that the quality wrestlers on Raw like Benoit,Jericho,Edge and Benjamin are denied a proper push while Orton is catapulted to the main event because he is a third generation star and because he has friends in high places.Raw is crap with this whole HHH/Orton/Batista storyline.
    They are becoming the clique of the 21st century...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I was never a fan of Orton as a face, but after the EC I honestly cannot see what the WWE sees in him. His moveset is even more limited that Cenas. His offence is sloppy and awkward. His mic work is no great shakes.

I think it will happen very very soon that the fans will turn on him, much the same as what happened to 'Rocky Maivia' all those years ago. Its started already, and not just on the IWC, but in the arenas as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Yeah but he's a great heel, plus he impressed the hell out of me with his match against Mick Foley and I think as a wrestler he's got a great technique all his moves bar the RKO look perfect everytime. The Diamond Cutter is a crap move anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Orton can wrestle well occasionally.His match against Benoit at Summerslam I thought was great and he tried out some new moves whch were very good but lately I feel he's looked sluggish in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He's gotten where he is so quickly from a combination of Vince thinking he can sell him on his looks and the fact that he's another 3rd gen star like The Rock, plus being friends with HHH.
    The guy can wrestle , he proved that against Benoit, but is much better as a hell , as he proved against Foley, HBK and all through his IC run.
    If he'd carried on the "I love myself" character into his face run, the way Rock used to, he would be better.
    I remember reading around Summerslam that some thought HHH had pushed for Orton's title win so early, rather than at this year's WM as orignally planned so that he'd peak too soon.
    That appears to have been the case.
    Where as Cena, who everyone seems to consider as Smackdown's version of Orton, will roll nicely into the WWE title picture by WM. Him beating JBL will look a lot fresher than Orton beating HHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

It's such a shame that the quality wrestlers on Raw like Benoit,Jericho,Edge and Benjamin are denied a proper push while Orton is catapulted to the main event because he is a third generation star and because he has friends in high places.

You are so right there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement