Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6610i Infrared

Options
  • 11-01-2005 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 6610i on contract from O2 i was one of the first to get it when it was released last year. Since then i'v always had probems with the IRDA(infrared). I can send and recieve contacts outta the phone book but thats about it. I cant send images or tones nor can i recieve them. I'v tried sending stuff to all models of phones as well as those photo print booths in the O2 experience store and in the ilac but still noting. Is this a teething problem the phone had when it first came out that i never heard about and something s software update would fix it or is the nokia 6610i not really made for IRDA large Media??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I have a Nokia 6610i on contract from O2 i was one of the first to get it when it was released last year. Since then i'v always had probems with the IRDA(infrared). I can send and recieve contacts outta the phone book but thats about it. I cant send images or tones nor can i recieve them. I'v tried sending stuff to all models of phones as well as those photo print booths in the O2 experience store and in the ilac but still noting. Is this a teething problem the phone had when it first came out that i never heard about and something s software update would fix it or is the nokia 6610i not really made for IRDA large Media??

I'm afraid that's a known problem with Nokia infrared. It's not a bug, it's just that Nokia have limited phone to phone IR transfers to contacts only. I had the same problem with the 6100, which prompted me to get rid of it. The only way to get images or tones to and from the phone is to use Nokia PC Suite with a IR enabled laptop or PC.

Annoying isn't it? :rolleyes:

Advertisement