Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number plates - where ?

Options
  • 11-01-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Do any of you guys know of a motor factors, garage, etc (in Ireland) that make older style plates as shown below ?

plate 1 = pressed aluminium
    plate 2 = plastic letters on aluminium plate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Silvera wrote:
    Do any of you guys know of a motor factors, garage, etc (in Ireland) that make older style plates as shown below ?

plate 1 = pressed aluminium
    plate 2 = plastic letters on aluminium plate.
    Doubt it as the Revenue commissioners have started fining garages for making these plates as they don't comply with the 1991 regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

try southside motor factors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Yeah, those plates may well get you stopped, theyre illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

These plates are most definitely NOT ILLEGAL ! ........ in the following cases :-

Vehicles first registered in Ireland before Dec 1986 (and ZV 'vintage' registrations, issued since 1992) may display their registrations on the plates shown above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

BTW, Bond-007, I'm curious to know where/when have the Revenue started to fine garages for making old style plates ?

They may fine garages if they make such plates for 1991- registered cars, but they cannot fine them for making them for pre-Dec '86 reg cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

There used be a place at the junction of the North Circular and Sherrard St that did all styles and always warned that they were for 'show use only'. In Galway, Calbro motor Factors supply them (pm me for number)

There are lots of places in the UK - see any of the dedicated Classic car mag small ads.

It is worth noting that I have NEVER had legal number plates on ANYTHING and I have only been stopped two or three times and ticketed once. I refuse to let 'the man' tell me I cant have little, tiny multi-coloured plates with swirly writing. So there.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

It is worth noting that I have NEVER had legal number plates on ANYTHING and I have only been stopped two or three times and ticketed once. I refuse to let 'the man' tell me I cant have little, tiny multi-coloured plates with swirly writing. So there.

'c

Do you still refuse to get the NCT done too 'ceptor? :)

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Bond-007 wrote:
    Doubt it as the Revenue commissioners have started fining garages for making these plates as they don't comply with the 1991 regulations.

If that's their game, they'd be better off going after those daft illegible-scripty-handwritey-car-logoey approximations to the modern style. Since when has it been an offence to fabricate a non-standard plate (as opposed to actually mounting the thing on a car)?

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

mackerski wrote:
    daft illegible-scripty-handwritey-car-logoey approximations to the modern style.
    and every sign company in the country makes these. I like 'em.

aplate do every style

And no, I don't do NCT's and I don't floss my teeth.

'c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Wher abouts are you theres a place in portlaoise that does them

I cant think of the name, but head down main street and on your left just before nationwide celluar there is a lane, the car shop down there does them

Advertisement