Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS could be cheaper?

Options
  • 11-01-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭

Eurogamer wrote:
    Nintendo has announced that the DS handheld will launch across Australia on 24th February and will cost just AUS$199.95 - equivalent to around £81 or €115.
    Link

No set price here as of yet. I've heard from between €150 - €199, though with this news, it seems it might be lower? €115 for a DS seems to be a great price for a new product!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

i'm not sure about the DS, by the time it comes out i think it will be inferior to most handhelds/consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

€115 i would be amazed if that was the launch price maybe when you convert other currency but dont forget the rip-off ireland tax that has to be added

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

i'm not sure about the DS, by the time it comes out i think it will be inferior to most handhelds/consoles
    Depends on how you evaluate handhelds really. Inferior is a very strong word a PS2 is technically inferior to a GameCube. The GB (orignal) was technically inferior to the Lynx and the Game Gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

from what I've seen so far I haven't been overly impressed with either the DS or the PSP....The DS seems to be lacking in the graphics department, I saw screenshots for Madden on it and it looks the old block type graphics they've always used where as the PSP will have good graphics but the battery won't be able to meet the demand and it will be like an I-Pod not so portable due t the sh!t battery, then again if its like the i-pod I'd still buy it cus I love my i-pod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yippee! I have relatives in Australia! Yes! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Rew wrote:
    Depends on how you evaluate handhelds really. Inferior is a very strong word a PS2 is technically inferior to a GameCube. The GB (orignal) was technically inferior to the Lynx and the Game Gear.

Isn't the PS2 actually the most powerful of all the current consoles (ps2, xbox, gamecube) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

i would say the XBOX is most powerful..then i think its the GC...then prob ps2 ..or thats imo...due to specs of em

but ..not my personal preference ;)

i wish people would read more reviews about psp batterys though...ive read about loads of have imported 1 and got a good 6hrs out of it with Ridge Racer..obviously will be more or less with some games..obviously a lot more with mp3s! where are you going to go with your trusty PSP that involves u spending 5+hrs gaming without being near a plug :confused:

im not the slightest bit interested in the DS but at that price i may get 1 for the hell of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

XBOX specs beat the other two hands down...http://www.gamersmark.com/editorials/view/49/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

ViperVenoM wrote:
    i wish people would read more reviews about psp batterys though...ive read about loads of have imported 1 and got a good 6hrs out of it with Ridge Racer..obviously will be more or less with some games..obviously a lot more with mp3s! where are you going to go with your trusty PSP that involves u spending 5+hrs gaming without being near a plug :confused:

My sentiments exactly. I'll be getting one once the price drops a little, I don't see battery life being a major problem, hey I remember when I used to survive with my Gamegear and its 10 minutes of battery life :cool: (ok only by planting it firmly in a corner of my bedroom attached to the wall permanently)

Seriously though, if you live in a bigger country you might need more battery life for train journeys and the like, but I can't think of any time I'm going to want to play a game for 6+ hours without ever being anywhere near a socket.

The DS has its touch screen and games made by Nintendo which are both major plus points, I own one and am in love with Warioware Touched so don't want to put the DS down, but I don't think I'd even notice the difference in battery life between a DS and PSP unless specifically testing for such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

well im just jumping up and down like a little kid at the moment ...30-35hrs time i should have my baby and tbh i dont care if i only get 4hrs out of it!...ill prob only get abot 2hrs gaming done at uni ..then its a 10min bus journey home but the bus i take isnt the type id like to whip my PSP out on ;)

so i get it home and if i want to play anymore ill just plug it in!

im not against DS . just the "main" nintendo type gams (Mario..Zelda..etc etc) just dont appeal to me

i know what your saying about waiting for the price to go down but i was checking ebay all through crimbo to find rip off £400+" price tags and these were in Hong Kong! ..to find 1 in this country for £250 with a game and everything..i couldnt stop myself :o

gotta go game hunting now Ridge Racer..i doubt will occupy me for that long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I get about 6 hours playing Ridge Racer, will check will a full charge how much it is now (been charged a few times), but around 6 hours is the norm.

Advertisement