Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Battle Bay

Options
  • 11-01-2005 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Some of you may be already familiar with the concept of a graphic design battle bay. If not, it's basically 1 picture that starts a sequance
    of images. The image has to be 320px high and between 600px-900px wide. For example the first pic can be of anything you wish, and
    so can the rest of them. The person who designs the next picture in the sequance must get it to join sucessfully.. see picture below.

I would like if someone could start the first picture! You can have any theme you like, but once it abides by boards.ie rules.
    I will be posting them on a web-page as soon as i get the first one off whoever does it. You can post your attempts here.
    Remember it's just for fun, so it doesn't mean that you should spend ages and ages doing it! this is the photoshoppage forum,
    so the quality shouldn't be too low either.. (i.e. Not Paint :p ) Have Fun!

This pic is from another battelbay: (sorry about the picture width! :rolleyes: )

BattleBay.JPG

If you have any questions please ask. I will be more than happy to try and help you.

Thanks and have fun! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

*bump.. 44 views.. there's deffinatly an interst.. someones' gotta give it a shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

sorry about the quality, but i had to resize it...

*PIC REMOVED*
    sorry i didnt read your instructions carefully .... will redo the image now

hmm.. thats good idea.. but did you draw that? like it's not photo's ? maybe try colourize it a bit :rolleyes: thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oh great and I did the next in the sequence...

monkeyfun.jpg

Monkey Fudge... good joke.. has to be good.. you know, like graphic design.. have a look at the pic i posted in my first thread!! that standard. Also, read the rules at the top.. that pic is too big!

And take into account the each pic has to merge witht the one infornt of it, perfectly.. look at the one i put as an example again, and note where they start and end...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Shrimp wrote:
    Monkey Fudge... good joke.. has to be good.. you know, like graphic design.. have a look at the pic i posted in my first thread!! that standard. Also, read the rules at the top.. that pic is too big!

And take into account the each pic has to merge witht the one infornt of it, perfectly.. look at the one i put as an example again, and note where they start and end...

Eh... you read the rules! It's 320 high and 600 wide like it says in your post... and it does blend with the first pic... which is no longer there...

no, it's doesn't blend seemlessly, and it looks crap..

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Muppet Police here, flamebaiting will result in a painful and (if possible) ironic end.

Shrimp, I'd suggest encouragement rather than insult, considering monkeyfudge is actually contributing.
    Some of the blends in the example you showed aren't exactly top notch (3->4 looks disastrous imo).
    You were wrong about the size limitations so take it on the chin, eh?

I think the size rules should be revised though, perhaps 300px wide and 100px height would be better.

for your information.. i didn;t draw those pics, so the blending there isn't really my problem.. infact..

Rules revision:

250 X 550...

Shrimp wrote:
    for your information.. i didn;t draw those pics, so the blending there isn't really my problem.. infact..

Rules revision:

250 X 550...
    I didn't say it was your problem; you gave an example, presumably a decent one, and it wasn't perfect.

Also, width and height dimensions are given in the order "width, height" generally.
    I'm going to presume you mean "250px height, 550px width", otherwise you're confusing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Shrimp why don't you post up the starter for ten and we'll all give you some positive feedback, or not. Make sure it's good though, you know - like graphic design.

ok guys, i might have been a lil harsh.. sorry.. as i said.. it's for fun.. i'll take the next pic thats put up.. once it's like not totally rediculous :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

*removed pic*

i'm posting this because its a good idea. Just continue this whatever way you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I have no absolutely no idea what in gods name is going on......

Thats pretty good.. as a strater.. :)

i'm gonna make a web-page over this weekend, i'll have that one as the first.. and i'll try and make a second picture to merge it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Shrimp wrote:
    Thats pretty good.. as a strater.. :)

i'm gonna make a web-page over this weekend, i'll have that one as the first.. and i'll try and make a second picture to merge it..

shrimp i've removed my contribution. i just don't like your general tone and don't want to be part of this.

good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Let me understand this a sec, and also to fill Goneshootin in for a second.

You post a thread with the interesting topic of this collective work of art. A work of art that is designed just like a thread story is designed - one person starts with a picture - the next person adds to the picture and so on. The pic can be anything one wishes so there is a vast freedom of creativity involved.

Funkygreendogs posts a pic that's too big so was edited out. I didn't see it so don't know the content, you did however. You reply to his pic first by stating that it is "pretty good", then you pose questions that seem to be in the form of criticism and statement of error with regards to subject matter. And then you :rolleyes: which from what I can see is quite insulting. And then you suggest Funkygreendogs to colourise it a little more... well that's good poster management there Shrimp, very... precise there.

Monkeyfudge posted his pic before the first pic was edited out due to size maxing but posted the pic nonetheless. If not a good second pic for this thread, a good first pic for the new thread sequence?
    No, you post an extremely condescending and ill thought out post by stating that the picture isn't in the correct standard as the example picture you have posted. (forgetting that you contradicted this by allowing artistic freedom). You also mentioned blending problems with monkeyfudges picture - I can't argue that as I didn't see the first in the sequence.

Then an argument over image size arises in which you are completely wrong over. The mod of this forum suggested an appropriate image size which you overturn blatantly. While this is happening you tell monkeyfudge now that his picture is "crap", seemingly forgetting that you wrote originally that it was a good idea.

You also make a statement that is hilariously funny:
    "i didn;t draw those pics, so the blending there isn't really my problem"

Ha ha. It turns out that the original picture that you have offered up as an example is now apparently inferior to the cause of what you were initially trying to convey. Your initial rejections of previous posters work was dismissed as inferior due to them not sizing up to your given example. But now your given example is inferior and you dismiss this now as not worthy because you "didn;t draw those pics". And yet still you have not participated in adding anything other than thread idea to this thread.

Then Gordon posts a lame attempt at showing annoyance with you for being so unbelievably vague that you should work in sales. You seem happy now and make a managerial promise of contributing after someone else does. As long as it isn't crap though yea?

Dangerman posts a pic which will finally see this thread started properly as a starter, although monkeyfudges would have sufficed. Great, finally a f*cking start to this thread. Or is it...

Goneshootin is lost.

then you post for postings sake to say that you will make a web page with dangermans pic and you will make the second pic in the series sometime in the future. A word of advice - don't post just do.

And then the thread gets eaten away slowly by Dangerman removing his pic due to your tone (quite rightly so) and you AGREEING with him, and then Gordon comes along again and pokes his nose in.

So to sum up I would just like to say this:

In the many years I have been on boards (well, two or three) I have endured many crazy people, banned many many people from PI and seen some strange encounters and personae. However, I must say that in all these years I have never taken dislike to anyone that much; not even utility made me dislike him/her that much. But you are a complete f*cking arse biscuit and a total dick and I am proud to say that you are the first person on boards that I have extreme dislike towards, not that you will mind I am sure.

I would like to apologise to CuLt for this off-topic post but will gladly take any amount of banning from this forum for expressing my dislike towards Shrimp. It is worth the ban, however long it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Boards.ie should hire you to summarise every thread, man.

Could have been a good idea btw, and a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

gordon's thoughts reflect my own. I liked the idea itself and had actually started making a continuation for dangerman's picture but like dangerman, i just gave up when i saw shrimp's arrogant condescending reply.

And for the record shrimp, in my opinion, dangerman is far better at graphic design than you. more creative and superior execution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Gordon wrote:
    Let me understand this a sec, and also to fill Goneshootin in for a second.

You post a thread with the interesting topic of this collective work of art. A work of art that is designed just like a thread story is designed - one person starts with a picture - the next person adds to the picture and so on. The pic can be anything one wishes so there is a vast freedom of creativity involved.

Funkygreendogs posts a pic that's too big so was edited out. I didn't see it so don't know the content, you did however. You reply to his pic first by stating that it is "pretty good", then you pose questions that seem to be in the form of criticism and statement of error with regards to subject matter. And then you :rolleyes: which from what I can see is quite insulting. And then you suggest Funkygreendogs to colourise it a little more... well that's good poster management there Shrimp, very... precise there.

Monkeyfudge posted his pic before the first pic was edited out due to size maxing but posted the pic nonetheless. If not a good second pic for this thread, a good first pic for the new thread sequence?
    No, you post an extremely condescending and ill thought out post by stating that the picture isn't in the correct standard as the example picture you have posted. (forgetting that you contradicted this by allowing artistic freedom). You also mentioned blending problems with monkeyfudges picture - I can't argue that as I didn't see the first in the sequence.

Then an argument over image size arises in which you are completely wrong over. The mod of this forum suggested an appropriate image size which you overturn blatantly. While this is happening you tell monkeyfudge now that his picture is "crap", seemingly forgetting that you wrote originally that it was a good idea.

You also make a statement that is hilariously funny:
    "i didn;t draw those pics, so the blending there isn't really my problem"

Ha ha. It turns out that the original picture that you have offered up as an example is now apparently inferior to the cause of what you were initially trying to convey. Your initial rejections of previous posters work was dismissed as inferior due to them not sizing up to your given example. But now your given example is inferior and you dismiss this now as not worthy because you "didn;t draw those pics". And yet still you have not participated in adding anything other than thread idea to this thread.

Then Gordon posts a lame attempt at showing annoyance with you for being so unbelievably vague that you should work in sales. You seem happy now and make a managerial promise of contributing after someone else does. As long as it isn't crap though yea?

Dangerman posts a pic which will finally see this thread started properly as a starter, although monkeyfudges would have sufficed. Great, finally a f*cking start to this thread. Or is it...

Goneshootin is lost.

then you post for postings sake to say that you will make a web page with dangermans pic and you will make the second pic in the series sometime in the future. A word of advice - don't post just do.

And then the thread gets eaten away slowly by Dangerman removing his pic due to your tone (quite rightly so) and you AGREEING with him, and then Gordon comes along again and pokes his nose in.

So to sum up I would just like to say this:

In the many years I have been on boards (well, two or three) I have endured many crazy people, banned many many people from PI and seen some strange encounters and personae. However, I must say that in all these years I have never taken dislike to anyone that much; not even utility made me dislike him/her that much. But you are a complete f*cking arse biscuit and a total dick and I am proud to say that you are the first person on boards that I have extreme dislike towards, not that you will mind I am sure.

I would like to apologise to CuLt for this off-topic post but will gladly take any amount of banning from this forum for expressing my dislike towards Shrimp. It is worth the ban, however long it will be.

Well said, I cringe at almost every post made by shrimp... if he isnt attepting to be smoooooth hes banging on about his supposed graphic design ability... how and ever of the large ammount of pics and sigs you have posted I dont think I have thought much of any of them. I thought monkeyfudges picture was pretty cool and blends well with the first pic posted.

I have been on boards.ie since 2001 and have never disliked a poster nearly as much as I dislike shrimp. Boards.ie has been filling up with muppets over the past year or so, you only need to look at some of the threads on afterhours to see this. Shrimp is a perfect example of a typical boards.ie muppet spamming his idiot thoughts all over the place like some sort of
    egotistical diseased Leper twat ...well you get the idea.

Again I know this post is off topic and insulting ( and may get me banned ) but its worth it to air my thoughts.

p.s I thought the original idea was a very good one.

ok.. thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Gordon wrote:
    not even utility made me dislike him/her that much.

THAT is saying quite a bit....

Hmm, nothing anyone has posted has been any more insulting than Shrimp has been;

Shrimp, I've already told you that you have an attitude problem; this forum is not a place to subjugate artists, I have no idea what gives you the effusive arrogance you manage to spread wherever you post.
    I do recall you recieving encouragement from the various talents of the forum when you started to post here, but you're causing a colossal amount of tension and it's just not worth the hassle.

Banned indefinitely.

I'm loath to ban people who contribute to the forum so, Shrimps repeated offences are the cause of his ban, since I know Gordon and Tusky aren't prone to this sort of behaviour I'm not going to ban them.

This thread is locked, if nobody else starts a thread with this "Battle Bay" notion I will later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement