Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL Eircom question

• 11-01-2005 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭

Quick question, does anyone know if Eircom are still using ADSL technology for their 1meg and above packages? The home packages are all RADSL.

The reason I am asking is that I want to upgrade my home connection (RADSL) from 512 to 1meg but my line has in the past failed the ADSL test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

sorry i dont know the answer to your question but what i do know is it might be a bad move if you are a gamer as the 1mbit and 2 mbit lines have interleaving set to high which will make your ping about twice as high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Afaik all dsl packages in ireland that provide more than 512/128kbit connections are still adsl (eircoms wholesale side and esats LLU both).

Advertisement