Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave user question

• 12-01-2005 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Just want to ask a question, so if anyone can help me Thanks in advance.
    I have a ripwave modem (USB) and it has never reached more than 100kbps, and downloading is never more than 3.2kbps, i allways have a amber light, also I have Windows Xp home with service pack 2 and today i noticed im sending more packets of information than im receiving (467,967 sent
    2,519 received. Does anyone get this (i get this info from clicking on the status of the connection in the tray in the bottom right hand corner of the desktop) :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just went into the diag programme and found that ive been transfered over to BTS 120- i think this may be the RTE transmitter, as i was usally on 246 or could be 296 i forgot, but anyway i think this is 3 rock transmitter, I also found out that the RTE is 3000 meters away while the 3 rock one is 7000 meters away, im getting crap bandwidth with 3 rock and a rocket fast one with RTE, i got download speeds of 54kbps, thats a first for me anyway, i downloaded a 22mb file in 6mins WOW.

Im still moving to eircom broadband, but ill keep the IBB just incase it gets better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Snips,

You might have a look in your settings to see if your XP is sending buckets of information about you off to Seattle. That service pack two is a piece of crap. If I were you I'd get rid of it.

Good to hear you're getting better downloads. Mine have been WOEFUL this week. A bit like your original numbers.

Get Eircom.... SAVE YOURSELF.... AAARRRGGHHHH

unfortunatly i cant remove Service pack 2 from my laptop as it came preinstalled with the operating system, cant wait to get eircom, i dont care about download caps as i dont download big files that often, and at least the service is bulletproof, except for condition of line of course! but mine are in top notch as its a direct line from the pole in the lane, no rusty connections here!

Anyway i noticed they have moved me back to 3 rock, why do they move me to RTE after midnight, does all the buisness's operate of RTE or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

You dont have the ability to get NTL BB do you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Anyway i noticed they have moved me back to 3 rock, why do they move me to RTE after midnight, does all the buisness's operate of RTE or something.
    Probably.
    It's always an endless tug-of-love between the masts for me. Each are are bad as the other. Yeah - get NTL if you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Stop wingin and be greatful you can get broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I'm getting a -89db, 19-21 signal quality connection from bts 110 - funny thing is, I'm getting massive packet loss in the region of 60%. The even funnier thing is that this packet loss is consistantly 60% loss with a ping to any domain. Anyone else experincing similar? This has been happening for the last two weeks or so, tried ringing IBB today but yerman basically couldnt come up with a solution :(

- lamps

Infini wrote:
    You dont have the ability to get NTL BB do you?

No i dont actually have ntl, i only get my tv from sky :) , but sure eircom will have to do for a stable bandwidth connection even if its dearer.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement