Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding on Netopia wireless router

• 12-01-2005 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

It's the normal one that eircom supply. Everything is on default at the moment. I want to forward ports for bittorrent and edonkey2000.

The port range I'm using for BT is 48000 - 48010
    edonkey is TCP 4662 and UDP 8980

I've gone to Configure -> Advanced -> Pinholes -> Add Pinhole (this is how you add port forwarding for definite, I checked on the netopia site).

I added:
    Name: bt1
    Protocol: TCP
    External port start: 48000
    External port end: 48010
    Internal IP: <my ip address on the lan, checked using ipconfig/all first>
    Internal port: 48000

And the same for the UDP ports. And similar settings for edonkey where the start and end ports are both the same (4662 and 8980 respectively for the two edonkey entries).

But neither program works! edonkey stays on "Unreachable" status and bittorrent can't connect to any tracker.

I've configured both programs to work perfectly using a dlink router before. Does anyone have any tips how to get the ports forwarded?

Thanks.

Advertisement