Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for a Hi-8 or 8mm player/camcorder with s-video output

• 12-01-2005 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Subject line pretty much says it all.

I've got a couple dozen 8mm tapes that I want to transfer to DVD-R. I've still got an 8mm camcorder but it only has composite video output. I would like to try and transfer using s-video.

I'm in Dublin and will pick up.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Look out for a Sony Digital8 camcorder. These record digital signals onto a regular 8mm tape.

If you buy anything other then the lowest end (although this was a few years ago, might be different now, miniDV and dvd camcorders are pushing digital8 outta the market) you can pop you old 8mm/hi8 tapes into the camcorder, hit record on your computer and it'll transfer em across.

If your lookin for something to buy i'd recommend the FS forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Sorry , I should have been clearer in my post. I'm looking to hire or borrow. Once I've transferred these tapes to DVD-R (and possibly mini-DV) I'll be done with 8mm and Hi-8.

The reason I'm asking for Hi-8 is that I'm not aware of any 8mm device that has s-video output; if I understand correctly a Hi-8 device will playback 8mm tapes.

Advertisement