Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Digital Vs Sky ?

Options
  • 12-01-2005 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

COnsidering getting NTL Digital on their current special offer. Can anyone explain the differences that would make me swing instead for sky ?

Are there a difference of channels & price ?

Looking at the basic digital pack in each case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Hi iMax

I used to have Sky Digital untill i moved house last month at which point i opted for NTL digital.
    NTL is pure muck compared to sky. Trying to navigate through all the catagories is hell and it can be very slow as well. Some times the Decoder stops responding all together and you have to power off at the wall.
    Sky has more channels.

The layout of sky's tv guide is 100 times better. Dont go near ntl. I will be changing back shortly.

The only downside to sky is the lack of Ch4.

My 2 cents.

Cheers
    Wavey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks Wavey. Any ideas on cost for sky (basic package) as well as installation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

As far as I remember the monthly cost of both is about 28 to 30. There's not alot in it.
    As for installation I cant remember.

I would still go with sky even if it cost 100 quid more to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

The ntl menu is no slower than skys I dont know why people say its so bad Ive sky and my girlfriend has ntl and I couldnt say i notice ntl as being any slower.

With sky you dont get utv or c4 so unless you want to stick an antenna on the top of your house to pick these up you need ntl to get them.

Sky do have more channels BUT most of them are rubbish and consist of a billion or so shopping channels and +1 channels.

I would actually go with sky myself im used to it by now and can do without c4 and utv (although my mam has ntl basic and I get them anyways :-) but there is not much of a difference, id look at which has the cheaper install and go with whoever wins rather then the monthly cost as its really pretty much the same for both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I have NTL digital and I think its a load of ****e. Go SKY all the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement