Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-Wiring front fogs on ALFA 156

Options
  • 12-01-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

My front fogs failed about 6 months back 7 despite it being in the garage twice, they cant trace where the fault lies. Obviously, fuses, relays 7 bulbs all check out, so one of the mechanics suggested that it would be cheaper to re-wire the circuit for the fogs rather than keep chasing through the loom.

Anyone any experience of this or suggest a route ??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

id say thats good advice.only problem i c is u need a signal from something. how will u get signal from fog switch on dash.if u manage this take power from battery and take it to the lights. now attach relay to switch on dash and then attach to fog lights. connect battery to the relay. (PUT A FUSE IN THERE OBVIOUSLY)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Access to the Fog light switch is actually very easy - situated in the centre console by the handbrake & switch assembly pops out with access to the terminals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Andip wrote:
    Access to the Fog light switch is actually very easy - situated in the centre console by the handbrake & switch assembly pops out with access to the terminals
    Its quite a common problem and easily done - you don't mention that the switch has been tested and this would be the next place I'd look after the bulbs and earthing. Make sure you route the new wiring with an existing loom section and cable tie the wires in place. Use 2-core 1.0mmsq sheathed cable to ensure good mechanical protection. If you are not handy, the job should be left to an auto electrician...

'c

Oh and your SHIFT+7 key doesn't work either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks Interceptor.....

Yes, the switch has been checked out, so its definitely a wiring fault. I'm pretty handy with the electrics so I'll certainly have a look at it myself.

A

ps...other keyboard had the remains of a biscuit stuck under the 7,8 & 9 keys !! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i suppose its best to bring the relay up to the battery and bring thin wire from the switch to the battery amd attach it to the relay there. then take a connection from relay with fat cable to the fogs. probably an afternoons work. probably best to disconnect he battery b4 doing any of this. usually u can take a negative off a lead attached to the motor or chassis near the fogs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement